You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

I started reading the books after series 1 ended last year because I couldn't wait to see what happened next.

Anyway, I thought series 1 was very faithful to the book albeit that the some characters have been aged up for TV.

After the few episodes of series 2, it's obvious that some artistic licence is being taken with name changes and "new" characters. This is OK with me as the general story is still there and has to be tightened up for TV pace wise.

People need to realise that this is a fantasy story and more magic and stuff comes into it as the story progresses (smoke monsters etc). Apart from the opening and ending scenes, series 1 was a more political story.

I love this shit boy!!!! I just wish I had the whole series to watch back to back, it sucks waiting a whole week for an hour and then it goes by so quick.

It'd be nice if they could show more war battle scenes but I know that costs a lot of money for a TV budget so I can understand but it'd still be nice to see.

It would be so sweet if they just chopped off Joffrey's head when they finally overthrow him, without even a word Rob just walks up and starts swinging, end scene credits.

Guest Pistonbroke
I love this shit boy!!!! I just wish I had the whole series to watch back to back, it sucks waiting a whole week for an hour and then it goes by so quick.

It'd be nice if they could show more war battle scenes but I know that costs a lot of money for a TV budget so I can understand but it'd still be nice to see.

It would be so sweet if they just chopped off Joffrey's head when they finally overthrow him, without even a word Rob just walks up and starts swinging, end scene credits.

I waited for series 1 to end before watching it all back to back over a few days, very addictive. Trying to do the same with series 2 but not sure if i can hold out. I agree about Joffrey the little blond haired turd...but they should think of something better than just lobbing his head off. Maybe just before the end credits he is taken from behind by some mythical creature and spilt in two and the credits roll as his bloody carcass falls from the sky.

I waited for series 1 to end before watching it all back to back over a few days, very addictive. Trying to do the same with series 2 but not sure if i can hold out. I agree about Joffrey the little blond haired turd...but they should think of something better than just lobbing his head off. Maybe just before the end credits he is taken from behind by some mythical creature and spilt in two and the credits roll as his bloody carcass falls from the sky.

You'll just have to wait and see. I could tell you if you want.

Guest Pistonbroke
You'll just have to wait and see. I could tell you if you want.

I could also just read the books which i have.....But i decided to hold back on the second book "A clash of kings" until after i have watched the series. I'd normally read the book first but decided to change that for this series as i only bought the books after watching series 1.

The books were real page turners you'd finish one chapter then see the name of the next persons chapter and think fuck I wonder what happened with them, id be up all hours reading.

Nightmare, finish one chapter then see the next is Tyrion.

Tyrion's storyline is ace, but the one I've been most interested in is Arya's - has been very frustrating...

Totally agree with you on Arya's storyline, definitely the most fascinating. Bran also in the last book has got very interesting and not sure how his will end up. Both of them seem to have gone off the curve of the main storyline so wonder how he'll bring them back.

Also find it really interesting that none of those making claims to the throne: Robb, Joffrey, Stannis, Renly etc have pov chapters of their own, makes it really interesting. The only one making a claim that has their own storyline is Daenerys.

Also those not reading the books and just sticking to the series and wondering what happens to some of the characters (Joffrey as has been mentioned on this page) are in for some real treats...

I can't recall exactly which book has what in it, but I was flicking through "Clash Of Kings" the other day and the exchange with Joffrey, Tyrion, Bronn and that other knight when they're beating up Sansa

"Bronn, if Ser Whatever speaks again, kill him. That, Ser, was a threat"

was word for word from the book, but also appears about halfway through that book, so it would seem that quite a bit has been excised.