You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Champions league last 16

moof

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to get back in this bastard asap.

Feels all wrong watching other English teams doing the business while we're on comedy thursdays.

Too right. I've an absolutely irrational hatred of Spurs thesedays - I'm fucking hating every little moment of their carefree run in Europe. Every fucking moment on TV wishing them well and revelling in their results is met with utter bile from me. And it's entirely because they're doing what we should be doing - playing at the top level. Spurs' place is mid-table, in constant turmoil with division amongst the fans. Ours is Champions League football.

We have to get back in soon, for my own sanity. The awful thing is that outside of Spain, there's not that much quality at the moment.

EDIT: Oh, and this cunt can take his stupid face and fuck off - he's been shite all season but he pops up like this on BBC Homepage:

_51301060_arshavin_466x282getty.jpg

I hate Spurs more thousands of times more than I did a few years ago.

Me too. Fucking blerts the lot of them. Having said that I hate them all, I would never grow tired of slapping all the Arse players. Twunts to a man. i don't count sheep yo go to sleep, I imagine punching those cunts in the face over and over and over. Van Persie you sir are an absolute cunt.

At 19 against some top players I think Wilshire just started to justify the hype. He's got the lot.

Indeed, including that essential Arsenal ability to dive around and win unwarranted free kicks and penalties. I have visions of all their youth teams holding synchronised diving competitions on a daily basis - it's clearly instilled into them from an early age. But for me it undermines Wenger's lauded philosophy of football because it's little more than organised cheating.

Fabregas (who is an odious player and individual) and Van Persie are the worst practitioners of the art, but Wilshere and Walcot are developing nicely.

Good game. Enjoyed that. Barcelona pissed about with the ball too much, and paid the price. But I don't think a single goal is enough for Arsenal to take to the Nou Camp.

Just one thought - every time I watch Pedro I can't help but think he is in the frame to take Zlatan's crown as Europe's most overrated shit player.

This. I agree completely - I think he'd look distinctly ordinary in any other side. You can't argue with his goalscoring record, but I still don't rate him at all.

I also think Barca's defence is a shadow of what it should be - Abidal and Maxwell are sub-standard players. They won't win the CL again in my view until they tighten up at the back.

Another poiint - am I also the only one who finds Messi to be overhyped? I don't religiously watch Spanish club football, but whenever I have seen him in BIG games the CL and above all for Argentina (terrible in WC), I've always thought he's erratic at best. Of course he's a great player - but best in the world? Nowhere near in my opinion. I think he tends to go missing in the very biggest games (cf players like Zidane, the Brazilian Ronaldo and even Roy Keane in the past)

Indeed, including that essential Arsenal ability to dive around and win unwarranted free kicks and penalties. I have visions of all their youth teams holding synchronised diving competitions on a daily basis - it's clearly instilled into them from an early age. But for me it undermines Wenger's lauded philosophy of football because it's little more than organised cheating.

Fabregas (who is an odious player and individual) and Van Persie are the worst practitioners of the art, but Wilshere and Walcot are developing nicely.

And you forgot Eboue, who must be the biggest girl playing in the Prem at the moment.

Barca have their weaknesses at the back but can still outscore Arsenal at their place.

Had to laugh last night at the predictably loaded commentary from Townsend and Tyldesley. Long silences as Barca kept the ball for minutes on end only ever broken when a gooner got a toe in or hoofed a clearance to the gushing approval of our men with the mikes.. 'wonderful interception there'.. but no comment whatsoever on the away side's composure and dominance or the fact that Arsenal's goals were snatched on the counter while the away side pushed on relentlessly for a second.

Funny how counterattacking at home is perceived as a positive with some clubs but not with others. For 'cautious' replace with ' intelligent'. For defensive read ' rapier like thrusts!' (fnnrr)

This. I agree completely - I think he'd look distinctly ordinary in any other side. You can't argue with his goalscoring record, but I still don't rate him at all.

I also think Barca's defence is a shadow of what it should be - Abidal and Maxwell are sub-standard players. They won't win the CL again in my view until they tighten up at the back.

Another poiint - am I also the only one who finds Messi to be overhyped? I don't religiously watch Spanish club football, but whenever I have seen him in BIG games the CL and above all for Argentina (terrible in WC), I've always thought he's erratic at best. Of course he's a great player - but best in the world? Nowhere near in my opinion. I think he tends to go missing in the very biggest games (cf players like Zidane, the Brazilian Ronaldo and even Roy Keane in the past)

I have to disagree with you about messi, he's one of the most phenominal players i've ever seen.

This season he's scored 40 goals and had 20 assists in 35 games.

Last season he scored 47 goals and had 11 assists in 53 games

2008/2009 season he scored 38 goals and had 18 assists in 51 games.

Find me anybody else with a record like that. I think he will go down as one of the greatest.

I have to disagree with you about messi, he's one of the most phenominal players i've ever seen.

This season he's scored 40 goals and had 20 assists in 35 games.

Last season he scored 47 goals and had 11 assists in 53 games

2008/2009 season he scored 38 goals and had 18 assists in 51 games.

Find me anybody else with a record like that. I think he will go down as one of the greatest.

Yeah but what has he got really, I mean apart from pace, skill, vision, technique, assists, ability to play one touch, movement, scoring with his head and both feet (and even his chest), the ability to play in midfield or upfront, world and european player of the year, consistency.

What has he ever really done?

Yeah but what has he got really, I mean apart from pace, skill, vision, technique, assists, ability to play one touch, movement, scoring with his head and both feet (and even his chest), the ability to play in midfield or upfront, world and european player of the year, consistency.

What has he ever really done?

3226929769_daacf48a8f.jpg

CAN HE RIDE THE BIG SCARY ROLLERCOASTER, THE WEE LITTLE FELLOW?! WELL I CAN!!!