You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Michael Owen

hunts_kopite

I hate Owen now so much. Each day I hate him more. To see what he has become does fill me with anger. To see a player who is only 31 and could play regularly for a club and score goals and maybe get his England place back resigned to warming the bench at United and starting 1 game in a season and being HAPPY with that makes me glad he did leave if that's the kind of fool he is. Picking up his money for not playing. I would feel like a big fraud if it was me. I wouldn't be able to look Rooney in the eye.

Dont get wound up about him. He knows his time playing full time top flight football has gone . Body isn't up to it . He has other interests such as his horses and more money that you could possibly need . He knows he is never going to be what he was with Liverpool and a part time job with Scum does him fine. Some players do lose their passion for playing the game when they go into decline. Owen never struck me as someone that had the fire in his belly for the club like a Fowler or Carragher anyway. I loved what he did for us at the time but never felt passionate about him personally. More fool Utd for keeping him on and paying his wages.

His statements about winning the titles and his delight at the new contract are sickening but he'll be out of sight again pretty soon.

Dont get wound up about him. He knows his time playing full time top flight football has gone . Body isn't up to it . He has other interests such as his horses and more money that you could possibly need . He knows he is never going to be what he was with Liverpool and a part time job with Scum does him fine. Some players do lose their passion for playing the game when they go into decline. Owen never struck me as someone that had the fire in his belly for the club like a Fowler or Carragher anyway. I loved what he did for us at the time but never felt passionate about him personally. More fool Utd for keeping him on and paying his wages.

His statements about winning the titles and his delight at the new contract are sickening but he'll be out of sight again pretty soon.

Agree that Owen has no real interest in football anymore. He is basically just funding the horse-racing stuff. One of the Brazilian twins did a pen-pictures thing before Saturday's final & said he has never heard Owen talk about anything other than horses or betting.

Whatever you say about him, and I hate the little judas cunt too, he is a fantastic option to have on the bench.

He won't be on huge wages, will never complain about not starting games and when fit (yeah, I know), and if the granny shagger and cuntito are not firing in a game, the little cunt is the best option a manager could have to bring on. Create him 2 chances in the last 10 mins and put your mortgage on him to put away one.

Whatever you say about him, and I hate the little judas cunt too, he is a fantastic option to have on the bench.

He won't be on huge wages, will never complain about not starting games and when fit (yeah, I know), and if the granny shagger and cuntito are not firing in a game, the little cunt is the best option a manager could have to bring on. Create him 2 chances in the last 10 mins and put your mortgage on him to put away one.

:wow:

:wow:

I know. I should wash my mouth (hands) with bleach for saying (typing) that.

But its true though - hard to get someone like him, sitting quietly on the bench and never complaining, grateful to be given a wage, never mind a big one. Very nice option to have as a 4th choice striker.

That sums him up though.

He can be on question of sport in twenty years and they'll say 'premiership winner'

when we'll all know he only played about twenty minutes.

He could play for the shite week in week out for less dough or even go and play for someone else and help them out but he's all about the brand.

as someone said on here, he wanted to be loved by everyone and ended up being hated

Sadly very true mate.

He summed himself long time ago.

When he was with us, it was all about Ingurland.

When Madrid got him, he was like a kid in a sweet shop but soon realised they don't give a toss about him as he "only" cost £8m.

I think that is when his attitude completely changed (even though he was a tosser well before that). "Fuck the game, I just want to make money and concentrate on my horses". That was evident during his Newcastle days - didn't give a shit, collected his huge wage every week and didn't even try to get fit and give something back to those fans.

And when the scum came calling, it was a bonus for him. He would have got the same wages elsewhere, like Stoke or the blueshite, but why not at United? A title medal or two will be a bonus when he least expected it. And he will have plenty of time on his hands to think about shagging horses.

Guest the boy

Sadly very true mate.

It's not at all true. He's got 5 goals in 30 league appearances for them; without his pace, he's an extremely limited player who contributes almost nothing in the build up play. If we move for a striker this summer to compliment Carroll, Suarez and Kuyt, then he'd likely be the weakest 4th choice striker of ourselves, City, Chelsea, & United.

That sums him up though.

He can be on question of sport in twenty years and they'll say 'premiership winner'

He could play for the shite week in week out for less dough or even go and play for someone else and help them out but he's all about the brand.

as someone said on here, he wanted to be loved by everyone and ended up being hated

Spot on.

He summed himself long time ago.

When he was with us, it was all about Ingurland.

When Madrid got him, he was like a kid in a sweet shop but soon realised they don't give a toss about him as he "only" cost £8m.

I think that is when his attitude completely changed (even though he was a tosser well before that). "Fuck the game, I just want to make money and concentrate on my horses". That was evident during his Newcastle days - didn't give a shit, collected his huge wage every week and didn't even try to get fit and give something back to those fans.

And when the scum came calling, it was a bonus for him. He would have got the same wages elsewhere, like Stoke or the blueshite, but why not at United? A title medal or two will be a bonus when he least expected it. And he will have plenty of time on his hands to think about shagging horses.

I don't think he was ever impressed with or arsed about Liverpool but was enamoured with Madrid and the mancs. I don't know if he always would have been, when he was young maybe he was just a one-man industry, but his attitude to playing for Madrid and the mancs was deffo different than his attitude when he was at Liverpool IMO, although in fairness he never gave any less than his best here. Mayne he just swallowed their bullshit?

It's not at all true. He's got 5 goals in 30 league appearances for them; without his pace, he's an extremely limited player who contributes almost nothing in the build up play. If we move for a striker this summer to compliment Carroll, Suarez and Kuyt, then he'd likely be the weakest 4th choice striker of ourselves, City, Chelsea, & United.

Correct.

That sums him up though.

Bang on that mate.

I don't think he wanted to be loved by anyone but himself: he had an idea of what his trophy cabinet would be like when he retired and went for it. I doubt he even notices at the club's name on any of his medals.

He'd be fucking idolised in the MLS.