You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Noel Gallagher quits Oasis

Mendoza

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Noel has clearly jumped on the arrogant gobshite train. He did it a long time ago. 

Some of you lot chat some fucking shit about Oasis though. One of the most important bands of the last 30 years. While you were writing "I will not pick my nose and eat it" lines, Noel was writing Champagne Supernova. 

Idiots. 

At least that scans and makes sense and doesn’t sound like the Jabberwocky composed on coke.

• Upvote 1

When I went to St Helens College in 97, everyone had hair like the Gallaghers and dressed like them, went to their concerts, listened to their music, owned their music, then at lunchtime went to Virgin to listen to Oasis albums they already owned, then after college went to the pub and put Oasis music on the jukebox. It was like I'd died and gone to wannabe Manc purgatory. 

I myself was into the Manics and dressed like Phil Mitchell. I befriended the college's only heavy metal fan and we used to sit on the crash barrier in the middle of the expressway drinking Japanese beer and eating bread. 

• Upvote 3

I think I preferred the days when rock stars squabbled over super models and which one threw the most tv sets out of hotel windows but these are strange times so heres another couple of half Irish brothers giving us their veiws on staying safe, now these boys do bring a bit a of talent to the party, give it an hour or so and  we'll have the Jonas brothers giving us covid saftey advice from god.

2 hours ago, cloggypop said:

In troubled times our rock stars always come to the rescue,

Ryder "just think positive, every time I think of someone I dont want to see they knock on my door" 

Liam Gallagher "I thought I had covid I went all hot, but then I realised I had the heating on"

It's a fucking shame we don't have Mark E Smith to sort this damn mess out. 

At least he left us this... 

Idiot groups with no shape or form
Out of their heads on a quid of blow
The shapeless kecks flapping up a storm
Look at what they are: a pack of worms
Idiot Joy Showland
The nylon leaves are falling
From the twisted shell of your cranium
Your mystic jump suits cannot hide
Your competitive plagiarism
Idiot Joy Showland
Freddie and the Dreamers, come on up
Hey you imitators, come on up
Hey little singer, come on up
Show us your house and
Show us your cock
The working class has been shafted
So what the fuck you sneering at?
Your prerogative in life it seems
Is living out an ad man's dream
Idiot Joy Showland
California has Disneyland
And

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Section_31 said:

When I went to St Helens College in 97, everyone had hair like the Gallaghers and dressed like them, went to their concerts, listened to their music, owned their music, then at lunchtime went to Virgin to listen to Oasis albums they already owned, then after college went to the pub and put Oasis music on the jukebox. It was like I'd died and gone to wannabe Manc purgatory. 

I myself was into the Manics and dressed like Phil Mitchell. I befriended the college's only heavy metal fan and we used to sit on the crash barrier in the middle of the expressway drinking Japanese beer and eating bread. 

I was there in 2000 on a bursary - thank EU - but I looked like a dodgy e freak, which was apposite. This I appreciated the manics more at Maine road, definitely better than Oasis, who to be fair were living the dream playing there.

NG wants to be out there but lacks the bottle. who asks Future Sound of London to help write an album and says it's too weird? what the point of asking them then, they do weird shit.

He's said himself the latest NGHFB stuff is musically influenced by David Holmes - who I think produced some of it.

He's a good collaborator it would seem, just some of the collaborators don't get asked, and he's risk averse whilst wanting to seem edgy.

19 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

There’s a brilliant, but terrifying, documentary that has this as a focus called ‘Coded Bias’ sheer serendipity I watched it last night and it’s fascinating and really informative.

suss laws on steroids, as long as it all gets passed on scanning white folks.

Similar bias in medicine has led to decades of misdiagnosis and highly likely untold numbers of deaths.

Majority of medicine was practised by and for (historicaly white) men. so symptoms etc are expected to appear the same across sexes, gender bias

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2020 at 06:01, Audrey Witherspoon said:

NG wants to be out there but lacks the bottle. who asks Future Sound of London to help write an album and says it's too weird? what the point of asking them then, they do weird shit.

Agree. He also got Death in Vegas in to produce Oasis in 2004, bottled it and made Don't Believe the Truth.