You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was speaing to a manc supporter last night, and he was over them moon, really rubbing it in saying what a great signing it was. I said, what would you be saying if Rafa signed Owen after selling our best player losing another one through faffing about?

He got a lot quiter quickly.

Nope, just helping to remind those that have selective memory loss what Owen actually did for us (he didn't cost us anything either).

It's because of what he did for us that we react this way. Recall the banner that greeted Figo when he returned to the Nou Camp with RM: "We hate you so because we loved you so".

If United had signed Jermaine Pennant on a free, no one would give a fuck.

Paul Ince is still regarded as a bit of a Manc ledge, I would assume? Or can someone put me wrong? Not that I care about Manc ledges, of course.

I have lots of Manc mates. I can assure you Ince is as popular with them as he is with us.

I just can't understand this "let's erase him from the history books" nonsense - it's all hyperbole. Sure, the little wiener can get what's coming to him at the Mancs for all I care (most likely fading away like a brown dwarf...that's astronomy talk, not circus) but he did great things here.

Paul Ince is still regarded as a bit of a Manc ledge, I would assume? Or can someone put me wrong? Not that I care about Manc ledges, of course.

All this flirting between Woo and Moo is getting me confuzzled, btw.

Me too, but I was here first (and don't have a Man Utd player as my avatar).

Woo, I'll have to stop quoting yoo.

Why didn't Steve Gerrard leave in 2004? United by his own admission was one of the clubs in for him. That would have been a far better "career choice". Why didn't he go to Chelsea? Why didn't Shearer join United?

I don't think its 99% mate....

Owen was out of contract and had probable offers from Stoke and Hull when United came in for him. Shearer joined clubs in Blackburn and Newcastle who were on the up at the time. And Stevie's choice was stay here or go, the point being he was still contracted to us. Owen can go wherever the fuck he likes. I hate that picture of him in a United top, but it's happened. No comparison with Gerrard and Shearer though. Owen was a free agent.

Because he scored 158 goals for us, helped us win six trophies, and made us a profit of £8m. Owen can go and sign for whoever the fuck he wants. So what if he only cares about himself. He's done what's best for his career.

Oh, and because unlike others, I'm not arsed about Man Utd. Seriously, look at my face, this is my 'not arsed' face, I use when talking about things I'm not arsed about, Man Utd being one of them. I stick to caring about Liverpool.

Peter Mandelson would be proud of that one.

I would also suggest you find some of the lads who were at the hotel in Graz in 2004 and ask them what they thought of Owen and his motives.

its turned out to be a very sad thread with the few on here trying to defend the indefsible

Some legendry TLW posters tarnished for life.

pretty simple i was fine him going but he could have been more respectful to LFC fans in his interviews. He probably needs the money to pay his gambling debts.

But for fans wishing him well I am truly lost for words

Time to move on

To repeat myself, this is the wanker in question:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqOxNspUPyE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqOxNspUPyE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Southall was Blueshite though so not surprising he got a dig in, he probably loathed the guy when doing that and made the whole thing way more twisted.

Southall was Blueshite though so not surprising he got a dig in, he probably loathed the guy when doing that and made the whole thing way more twisted.

In fairness, Southall was trying to encourage the kid, while Owen was acting like a twat.

cuntpipe

* just noticed thats the 1,000th post on this subject, so lets end it on that and move on. Owen had the chance to be a Liverpool legend- but he chose not to be, he had an option to remain an idol - but he chose not to be.

Thanks for the goals and the memories, but as far as 95% of the fans are concerned now - you've not only crossed the line... you've used a polevault to get yourself as far over it as possible.

Its not shrewd signing or anything like it IMO.

If anybody seriously thinks the Mancs would've have been anywhere near Owen If they'd gotten Benzema or indeed if Tevez had stayed they are deluded.

He was a desperate choice from a man who lost his first choices.There are zero other top class strikers available so he took a chance on Owen.

We'll see how it works out.

I always thought he would end up there and am not really surprised at all, they need that sort of player and it is his only real option plus he can live near his family in that road of houses he built! All he wants is to play for England, it has always been the most important thing to him imo. Would love to know what Carra thinks!

I cant see him staying fit but if he does he will score plenty and be preapred to listen to the fergie masterstroke lines about taking a chance on him. The same masterstroke that was Larsson who scored 1 goal and played 7 games

Its not shrewd signing or anything like it IMO.

If anybody seriously thinks the Mancs would've have been anywhere near Owen If they'd gotten Benzema or indeed if Tevez had stayed they are deluded.

He was a desperate choice from a man who lost his first choices.There are zero other top class strikers available so he took a chance on Owen.

We'll see how it works out.

A few weeks ago one of the papers claimed that he was set to lure Torres to Old Trafford in a £40m deal. Surely they can't be wrong. Maybe senility has set in and he can no longer distinguish between "Liverpool strikers". :D

Over the last few years I've spoken to other players and had the idea that Sir Alex still thought I had something to offer.

"I was always clinging to the hope that he would ask me to come and play for them one day."

:sick:

What a total cunt.