You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen to United

justino

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had 2 texts on this today. Don't know if it's a joke like. Somebody said it's been on Talk Sport so it probably is!

Personally, I'm totally apathetic towards him so it wouldn't bother him going there. He'll never be the player he was.

Surely he'd only be signed to keep Gary Neville company on the physio table anyway.

It'll all end in tears.

The only thing that might make him a good signing is that he's supposedly desperate to make the world cup squad so he will have to raise his game 100% or forever be remembered for losing his way when he left us.

Peversley, should he join a top 4 club the less games he actually plays the better chance he'll have of making the world cup squad. Dramatic headline grabbing little cameos here and there as opposed to toiling away in a relegation scrap with Hull or Stoke.

Im amazed that after sheer laziness cost the drunk Tevez, eventhough he apparently knew Ronaldo was off, he proceeded to make noise about Benzema and Villa only to be told they wanted to go elsewhere - he then allegedly identifies Owen as next on his wish list. There must be 20 players better than Owen available to them considering the money they have. Maybe they have set their sights low after getting so many knockbacks.

Wankers.

Haha.

Since when has Ferguson shown interest in players who were "finished"?

Henrik Larsson?

I know he did ok - but the media hyped that up big time. He scored 3 goals i think and all the journo's got their cock's out about how the Drunk twat had pulled another masterstroke by signing a player well past his best and getting the most out of him.

Maybe Ferguson believe's his own hype and think's he could do the same again with Owen.

I'd hate him to join the Mancs because if he stays fit (yes it's quite an if) he will score goals for them. I agree with TomR that he will get at least 1 in 2 there.

However, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Ferguson is soley doing this because he thinks it would get on Benitez's back. Whereas Rafa wont care less. I firmly believe that Ferguson is totally obsessed with Rafa and is dreading the idea of retiring with Liverpool champions.