You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

2 hours ago, Mook said:

40 in a couple of months

My hair is going very thin on top

Went to the pub on Saturday night & my missus was saying she felt too old to be in there (she's 9 years younger than me)

I've started to think about my Will

I often see young birds on the telly now & just think they look like twats, not even a twitch

I tutted at a boy snorting bingo in the toilet in the boozer at the weekend

I like getting the living room to myself so I can stick some jazz on & think about the universe

Pissing is starting to become a real hassle

40? You’re just a boy!

Or maybe that says as much as how ancient I am. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Everything seems to be a chore now, everything seems more difficult. Just cannot be arsed. 

Life's a grind mate. Just have to keep going and enjoy the more pleasurable things which are less often as you get older.

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

Life's a grind mate. Just have to keep going and enjoy the more pleasurable things which are less often as you get older.

I know mate. I just silicone the bath and normally removing and replacing it would take me half an hour, took ages. Anything I do in my own home is a chore haha.

15 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I know mate. I just silicone the bath and normally removing and replacing it would take me half an hour, took ages. Anything I do in my own home is a chore haha.

If you have the money, one of the pleasures of getting older is getting a man in (oo errr) to do those jobs you put off forever 

Just now, Champ said:

If you have the money, one of the pleasures of getting older is getting a man in (oo errr) to do those jobs you put off forever 

I’m a builder haha. In future I will get one of the lads or my nephew, with it being right on Xmas I thought I would do it. To be fair I hadn’t done it for donkeys years.

I’m part time/semi casual/ anxious and depressed/ cba. The money angle is fine, the willingness is not.

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I’m a builder haha. In future I will get one of the lads or my nephew, with it being right on Xmas I thought I would do it. To be fair I hadn’t done it for donkeys years.

I’m part time/semi casual/ anxious and depressed/ cba. The money angle is fine, the willingness is not.

Just fill it in with dried Weetabix, that stuff is impenetrable.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Reminiscing with mates about big nights out in the past and it making me shudder. The thought of staying out until 7am and doing some class A's absolutely horrifies me now.

I have mates who still do it despite being married with kids. Madness. 

Nowadays when it gets to 11.30pm I start twitching in case I'm going to miss out on my sleep.