You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Shield's Final Series

Section_31

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 5 is Simply the best TV ever made imo.

I am exactly the same as you mate; equally excited and gutted that there will be no more. Typical of FX though for delaying it (it was due to start in April). Tvrage have it down as starting in September at the moment but no confirmed date

Season 5 is Simply the best TV ever made imo.

I am exactly the same as you mate; equally excited and gutted that there will be no more. Typical of FX though for delaying it (it was due to start in April). Tvrage have it down as starting in September at the moment but no confirmed date

Wasn't that down to the writers' strike? I know Shaun Ryan refused to go on set but not sure if filming was delayed because of it or not.

FX are going to have a red hot summer with the last seasons of The Wire and The Shield as well as Dexter Season 2.

Sky & will be working overtime this summer.

My plan will be to record as many as I can without watching them and then watch about 5 or 6 over a few nights.This is the plan but I do not think I will be able to restrain myself from hitting play before then.

• 3 months later...

There's some clips on Youtube from the first episode of season seven, I think they're from FX's website, spoilers obviously.

Vic and Ronnie confront Shane (superb)

[YOUTUBE]u0p17V422Ac[/YOUTUBE]

Vic and Shane

[YOUTUBE]ss13BEe47qI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Ronnie getting bollocked by Claudette

[YOUTUBE]Nm7H4bf8vH0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Here's a question for the fans of this show.

Should I start watching The Shield now that I've finished The Wire, or will I just be left disappointed that it's not as good.

Its equally as good when you get into it.

Its a damn shame that my 3 fave shows ever are gonna be gone when the Shield ends. The Wire, The Sopranos and now The Shield.

Here's a question for the fans of this show.

Should I start watching The Shield now that I've finished The Wire, or will I just be left disappointed that it's not as good.

As Paul said on here once it's a completely different animal so no, you won't be disappointed.

It's a very close second for me after the wire and easily one of the best shows ever made, I'd also say that the first two episodes of season two are the best television I've ever seen, ever.

The Wire is and always has been a slow burner with a load of characters, while the Shield is 'narrower' but moves at 100mph.

When you get into the third season and at one point they're tying to bring down gangs while at the same time being chased by the FBI, their own captain and the Armenian mob, you know you're watching a fucking show, it leaves you breathless at times.

Forrest Whitaker in Season five is just fucking unbelieveable, I can't recomend this show highly enough fella.

Right. I bought the Wire partly because of all the raving on this place, so I'll buy this as well.

Is it a HBO thingy too?

Watch this mate, fan-made trailer, just about covers all the bases! Corrupt anti-gang unit in LA who rob stuff but also get shit done, does what it says on the tin!

[YOUTUBE]DOHXl8GMdrc[/YOUTUBE]

I just finished watching Season 6. It's a pity the show is drawing to a close. Vince is an amazing character. Even though he's corrupt, you get a sense that he does more good than bad. I cannot wait to see how it all goes down in Season 7. Hat's off to FX. Best cop drama on T.V. this decade.