You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DUBAI TO MAKE BID

WeAreTheBest

In Wild West terms, Hicks is Stumpy in the jailhouse firing his shotgun at anyone who comes near the door. Gillett is the guy who rides into town in the Medicine Wagon selling snake oil.

Hopefully that makes DIC the mysterious and mistrusted Redskin that eventually becomes the unsung hero.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. The room full of angry geese (and I mean really fucking livid) isn't the ideal option, we'd all like a room full of cake, but thems aren't the options right now.

Cake? Cake? Who the fuck wants cake? See what all those things did to hansel and gretel.

To those asking why DIC would enter into a partnership - surely it would quickly end up with them as the majority shareholders after any purchase of Hicks' shares? They would put up the capital for the stadium and (possibly) players and issue more shares to reflect that, in effect diluting Gillett's share of the club. Certainly there'd be absolutely no point in an organisation of their wealth and liquidity borrowing money to finance the development of the club.

Let's say they pay Hicks £150m for 50% of the club and then finance a £400m stadium and £50m on players as part of a share/rights issue (don't know the correct technical term), suddenly Gillett ends up holding 20% of the club, rather than 50% making DIC defacto owners anyway.

If Hicks says he wont sell then he wont sell whatever you say about Hicks he's been upfront and honest probably too honest for his own good.

Hick will shoot you in the face not stab you in the back and thats why Rafa is history if Hicks stays

You are joking, aren't you? He's one of the most slimey and duplicitous fuckers I've ever seen.

Whats makes people think the Arabs are the saviours either??!?! Is it all just about Money?

Dunno what it is, but we keep on agreeing, this isnt the first time is it :wow: Whats going on ? But with regard to 'The Arabs' whilst they will still want to make their money, Im sure they would be more likely to do it in a) a professional way and b) by viewing us as a long term investment, therefore making the necessary investments, both on and off the field to ensure we are a top club performing at a top level. Parry will be gone, we'll have some deep pockets and Rafa stays I can deal with that.

50% is a pretty big fucking 'bit' though. And once they have half, it'll be a hell of a lot easier getting the other half. Still, you carry on trying to be contrary.

I dont know what fuckin planet this cunt lives on but fuck me can he be a contrary bugger, he's like a bad case of piles.

To those asking why DIC would enter into a partnership - surely it would quickly end up with them as the majority shareholders after any purchase of Hicks' shares? They would put up the capital for the stadium and (possibly) players and issue more shares to reflect that, in effect diluting Gillett's share of the club. Certainly there'd be absolutely no point in an organisation of their wealth and liquidity borrowing money to finance the development of the club.

Let's say they pay Hicks £150m for 50% of the club and then finance a £400m stadium and £50m on players as part of a share/rights issue (don't know the correct technical term), suddenly Gillett ends up holding 20% of the club, rather than 50% making DIC defacto owners anyway.

Be very surprised if they don't borrow to finance the stadium

I don't see what Gillette has done wrong to be honest. He was the one who was in for us from the start and only brought Hicks in for a bit more financial muscle. He has kept his mouth shut and all the signal seem to have been that it was hicks having a go at Rafa. Not that he is innocent in all this.

I am guessing but I think Gillette may have forced Hicks hand over this and given DIC an in. If Gillette was refusing to the terms of the refinancing (it was he who said no debt on the club) Hicks has no choice but to either pay the loan with his own capital or sell.

This may yet prove to have been a masterful game of chess played by

GG.

He proved in the way he bought and out manouvered DIC to buy the club he's a smart wheeler dealer and can play the game.