You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

5 hours ago, sir roger said:

Amateur

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

As soon as I read “public toilets” I was thrashing around like Flint in Jaws

You sick fuckas!

Right, I want the secret to this magical gift.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I finally got around to watching The Departed, which I recorded ages ago and I had ready for a time I needed to be distracted for 3 hours.

Not one of Marty's best, but enough tension and violence to keep me engaged throughout.  

Watched it a few times and love it.

Nicholson superb, as in most of his films.

Had a movie night with friends during covid lockdown and this was my suggestion, like watching a film with your mum and dad, had to put it off because of too much swearing! Fuckin pussies.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

You sick fuckas!

Right, I want the secret to this magical gift.

6 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Had a movie night with friends during covid lockdown and this was my suggestion, like watching a film with your mum and dad, had to put it off because of too much swearing! Fuckin pussies.

You’re hanging around with the wrong type of pussy

Mad Dog Time.

Really weird film noir/comedy gangster thing from 1997 with Jeff Goldblum, Ellen Barkin, Kyle McLachlin & Diane Lane. I kinda enjoyed it but not really sure why. Diane Lane is fucking immense so that helped.

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Mad Dog Time.

Really weird film noir/comedy gangster thing from 1997 with Jeff Goldblum, Ellen Barkin, Kyle McLachlin & Diane Lane. I kinda enjoyed it but not really sure why. Diane Lane is fucking immense so that helped.

Diane Lane is a very attractive lady, doesn't need ridiculous make up, just a very pretty natural face.

She's phenomenonal in Unfaithful.

10 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Diane Lane is a very attractive lady, doesn't need ridiculous make up, just a very pretty natural face.

She's phenomenonal in Unfaithful.

She is exceptionally attractive for a woman approaching 60 especially. Top of the MILF tree.

On 17/03/2024 at 15:47, Carvalho Diablo said:

Perfect Days

Hirayama cleans public toilets in Tokyo. He's a solitary man who finds beauty in music, trees, colours, iced water.

We follow Hirayama through his days and his life as he encounters different people and situations and as he dreams, we ruminate.

A perfect antidote to modern life; simple, elegant, beautiful. Komorebi.

7.5/10

Thanks for the recommendation.

9 of 10 for me.

I love Tokyo, it's a unique city, and the movie contained a lot of those unique elements.

• Upvote 1

Roadhouse: 7/10. Another film that didn’t need a remake. Unlike the original the villain is shite, the plot is meh, and Connor McGregor is woeful when he isn’t hitting people (but at least it should strangle his acting career at birth). Gyllenhaal is likeable and quite a decent fighter, it’s funny in parts, but turns into too much of an full on action film in the last 25 mins, which the original never was.

On 09/03/2024 at 09:50, Arniepie said:

cracking film

I had that on dvd and if you followed a certain route pressing the dvd remote buttons, there was an Easter egg that let you watch it the right way around. It was weird but really good too. 

What a movie  10/10

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Roadhouse: 7/10. Another film that didn’t need a remake. Unlike the original the villain is shite, the plot is meh, and Connor McGregor is woeful when he isn’t hitting people (but at least it should strangle his acting career at birth). Gyllenhaal is likeable and quite a decent fighter, it’s funny in parts, but turns into too much of a full on action film in the last 25 mins, which the original never was.

Surprised to see a 7 next to it. Road House is a 9 so the remake can’t be all that bad! 

The Iron Claw - 8.5/10 

Loved this. I already knew the back story but my missus was in tears at the end. Thought it was done brilliantly. The dad was one cunt. My only gripe is the height of the two main actors. Both clearly got in great shape for it but 6ft 2 they weren’t and they didn’t even try to hide it in the film! 

Zak Efron proving he’s far from some American High school movie actor. 

I did get myself in trouble at one point when she said to me “is she pregnant again?” And I said if Lily James was my missis we’d have a battalion running round the house. Awful timing as we start IVF next week so the kick to the ribs was well deserved. 

• Upvote 4

Took my daughter to see Ghostbusters Frozen Empire today.

Fairly shite. Takes far too long to get going, too many characters, too stupid (I realise the whole premise is stupid) and not particularly funny. 

My daughter, who is approaching 9, really enjoyed it though. 

On 21/03/2024 at 23:04, Bjornebye said:

The Iron Claw - 8.5/10 

Loved this. I already knew the back story but my missus was in tears at the end. Thought it was done brilliantly. The dad was one cunt. My only gripe is the height of the two main actors. Both clearly got in great shape for it but 6ft 2 they weren’t and they didn’t even try to hide it in the film! 

I did get myself in trouble at one point when she said to me “is she pregnant again?” And I said if Lily James was my missis we’d have a battalion running round the house. Awful timing as we start IVF next week so the kick to the ribs was well deserved. 

Hahaha, Good luck to you both mate 

• Upvote 1

On 18/03/2024 at 21:03, DalyanPete said:

Years ago, my Mum (who was quite prudish about potty-mouths) recommended a film to me: In Bruges.  She did warn me "There's a lot of swearing in it, but they're Irish, that's just how they talk".

• Upvote 1

On 21/03/2024 at 14:22, Elite said:

There's Something about Mary - 8.5/10 

Up there with the best comedies ever. Hilarious characters, dialogue, physical comedy and also a great story.

All that and Jonathan Richman fulfilling the role of a Greek chorus.

• Upvote 1

On 21/03/2024 at 23:04, Bjornebye said:

The Iron Claw - 8.5/10 

The very best of luck Stig, and Mrs Stig.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Good luck chief.

30 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

The very best of luck Stig, and Mrs Stig.

Cheers lads. I’m lucky not to have been murdered the other night like