You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Flat Earth society

Liquid football

12 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

They cite the Bedford Level experiment as proof of a flat earth, even though the experiment (when conducted competently) proves the earth is round.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedford_Level_experiment 

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

They cite the Bedford Level experiment as proof of a flat earth, even though the experiment (when conducted competently) proves the earth is round.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedford_Level_experiment 

I wouldn't be surprised if everyone from Bedford thinks the worlds flat. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Børge Ousland took two months to get from the Ronne Ice Shelf (south of Tierra del Fuego) to the Ross Ice Shelf (South of New Zealand).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Børge_Ousland 

That's some speed around the Ice Wall!

Screenshot_2023-02-21-10-39-07-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

North Pole to "the Ice Wall" (via Tierra del Fuego) is a bit over 10,000 miles.  The circumference of the Flat Earth is therefore about 63,000.  Ousland travelled round about a third of the circumference in 63 days: averaging about 333 miles a day, in the most hostile terrain, on kite-assisted skis.

Seems plausible.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Don't flat earthers believe Australia doesn't exist? Or is that some other group of crackpots?

Different crackpots. (Or a piss-take; it's hard to tell.)

That map I posted is how the Flat Earth Society see the world.  Imagine getting a flight from California to Australia and the pilot headed North over land instead of South-west over the sea; you'd have questions.

On 21/02/2023 at 10:48, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Børge Ousland took two months to get from the Ronne Ice Shelf (south of Tierra del Fuego) to the Ross Ice Shelf (South of New Zealand).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Børge_Ousland 

That's some speed around the Ice Wall!

Screenshot_2023-02-21-10-39-07-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

That's nothing compared to the time it took Jon Snow to get from Winterfell to The Wall.  Did that in 75 minutes. I saw him do it on the telly.  Telly doesn't lie to me.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's nothing compared to the time it took Jon Snow to get from Winterfell to The Wall.  Did that in 75 minutes. I saw him do it on the telly.  Telly doesn't lie to me.  

Less than a minute on the back of a dragon. 

Now I'm thinking about birds from Game of Thrones. One of them sisters had some of the best tv boobs I think I've ever seen. The short haired one. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Less than a minute on the back of a dragon. 

Now I'm thinking about birds from Game of Thrones. One of them sisters had some of the best tv boobs I think I've ever seen. The short haired one. 

So... are you just going to describe them?

Maybe you're new here, but we have rules about this sort of thing.