You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - FA Cup 3rd Rnd, Sun 7th Jan 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Always subconsciously associate the third kit with weirdly disjointed performances with a bolted together team in European games and for some reason against Burnley in a 12 o'clock kickoff even though we've probably never worn it against them.

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Always subconsciously associate the third kit with weirdly disjointed performances with a bolted together team in European games and for some reason against Burnley in a 12 o'clock kickoff even though we've probably never worn it against them.

3-1 to Burnley too, the joy of our undeserved equaliser lasting four and half minutes.

33 minutes ago, an tha said:

Expect a red card for first one of our players to touch the diving little prick and a plethora of free kicks and probably a penalty.

Next game will revert to normal refereeing.

https://www.daveockop.com/latest-news/arsenal-send-letter-of-complaint-to-pgmol-with-fa-cup-clash-against-liverpool-looming/

Actually fucking pathetic and it'll no doubt be lapped up by the press about how poor treatment he gets because he's one of the current English golden players, meanwhile Mo has had to give up any hope of any sort of protection from refs because he can literally be wrestled down to the ground/hung off/taken out and it's considered fair game.

31 minutes ago, Tenfolder said:

Actually fucking pathetic and it'll no doubt be lapped up by the press about how poor treatment he gets because he's one of the current English golden players, meanwhile Mo has had to give up any hope of any sort of protection from refs because he can literally be wrestled down to the ground/hung off/taken out and it's considered fair game.

Ingerlish lionheart - Dirty diving foreigner....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The orange away/third kit was really good luck, we pumped everyone wearing that & I can't remember us losing in it.

I was at the game at Burnley when we lost in that fluorescent green kit, that was a dark day. I also met John from TSOP in the cricket club beforehand & that went about as well as the match.

• Upvote 1

With the 3rd and 4th round still having replays, what happens if we draw on Sunday? The only available slot for replays is right in the middle of the winter break, between the 10th and 21st as we play Fulham on Wednesday and the 2nd round is on the 27th of Jan. We all know what happened 2 years ago when klopp said "fuck right off" and put the under 18s out against Shrewsbury in the replay and the senior squad went on holidays.

On 03/01/2024 at 23:39, Code said:

How can we win the quadruple if we don’t win this game?

Go strong, ruin even more of their confidence. 

I agree. 

Play the strongest team possible. We should be able to beat Fulham on Wednesday, even if we’re a bit tired, and we’ve got a 2nd leg to put it right anyway. 

Getting humiliated on national TV won’t do the kids any favours. Better to beat Arsenal, then play the second string in the latter rounds. They’ll be able to beat 95% of the teams left in the competition, so will get more game time as we advance.

On 03/01/2024 at 16:27, Trumo said:

The game's main talking point was yet to come. Suarez hit a free-kick from 25 yards into the wall. The ball broke back to him, and he turned and raced into the box down the left corner of the area. Another touch beat the defender (Ox) who absolutely wiped him out. Somehow Webb decided there was nothing doing. The same Webb who for years had given the red Mancs the softest of penalties at Old Trafford didn't see a much more blatant offence as a foul. Bald SYP bellend who has since failed upwards in true Tory fashion.

I think I was stood next to @Pidge at that game. It happened right in front of us. I still can’t believe he didn’t give the second pen. They don’t get more blatant than that. 

58 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Anyone reckon Carvalho could get a game?

Not if we are loaning him out. Without dispensation from FIFA you can't play for 3 clubs within a year

10 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I agree. 

Play the strongest team possible. We should be able to beat Fulham on Wednesday, even if we’re a bit tired, and we’ve got a 2nd leg to put it right anyway. 

Getting humiliated on national TV won’t do the kids any favours. Better to beat Arsenal, then play the second string in the latter rounds. They’ll be able to beat 95% of the teams left in the competition, so will get more game time as we advance.

We should definitely go strong v Arsenal. We will not have played in 6 days and have only one game in 14 days afterwards. Klopp said as much in the presser.

Arsenal 
Allison
Trent Konate VVD Gomez
Jones MacAllister Gravenberch 
Elliott Jota Gakpo

Subs: Kelleher Quansah Nunez Diaz

Fulham
Kelleher 
Trent Quansah VVD Beck
Elliott MacAllister Jones
Gakpo Nunez Diaz

Subs: Allison Konate Gomez Gravenberch Jota

On 04/01/2024 at 12:39, Code said:

How can we win the quadruple if we don’t win this game?

Go strong, ruin even more of their confidence. 

If we were playing someone like Boro or even Brighton, I wouldn't really care, I'll be honest.  I don't feel we have enough to get all four, and I do feel we need to prioritise: and this competition as is, is fourth in importance.

But, and it may be a sign of the times, Arsenal have started to get on my pip lately, their manager having free hits on referees and throughout the media.

A draw or loss will likely irritate me.

Go strong and get them beat, Reds.