You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - FA Cup 3rd Rnd, Sun 7th Jan 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Defence is a problem with all the left back injuries. I am a Luke Chambers believer but he hasn’t made anything of his couple of chances so far.

Really could do without stretching Gomez and Konate to breaking point too.

Kelleher

Bradley Gomez/Konate (half each) Quansah Chambers

Grav Mac Harv

Jota Gakpo Diaz/Nunez (half each)

10 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

I think our chances of winning this are slim whatever side we put out. I’d rather go strong against Fulham and ensure we get to Wembley than risk ending up with injuries to key players or to a replay.

I do think we can out out a relatively strong midfield - Macca, Elliot and Gravenberch - but beyond that I would be very wary of playing any of Trent, Virgil, Gomez, Konate, Diaz, Jota or Nunez. Of course we’ll have to play some of them, but this is at present our least important game in January for me.

Problem is kids aside who can we play instead of a lot if not most of those names.

We have 4 forwards available for 3 places.

We all know situation at RB, LB and centre half.

And even midield options are reduced with Endo missing and Szobo likely injured.

There isn't much in the way of other options at all and I just can't see us going Arsenal with kids in side.

Tell you what would be worse than losing this game…

… it going to a replay. 

15 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Tell you what would be worse than losing this game…

… it going to a replay. 

Yep win or loose, no replays needed. 

i think if we'd have more players available, we might have seen quite a bit of rotation - i would expect us to want to be at full strength on wednesday. but we are looking quite thin. there's a number of players who are just going to need to play through all the games in january i think and early feb till we get some players back from injury and internationals. Gomez, VVD, Trent & Jones and maybe Macca. I would have thought we won't want to start Macca on Sunday, but I am not sure there is too much of a choice. Could we play trent as a 6 and bring in Bradley? 

I would love to beat these cunts, but it's way more important to win the next 2 and we absolutely don't want a replay. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

I will be desperate to win during the game, but would note some grudging positives if we lost.

Yes I’m telling myself it doesn’t matter for all the reasons already mentioned. But when the match is underway I’ll be desperate for us to win! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Do we have to play in the third kit for this game or are we allowed to play in the home kit?

Arsenal are wearing a special all-white kit to highlight a knife crime charity ( no- more red )

I imagine we can wear anything we want ( in support of the above, I assume we may not use our home kit ? )

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Arsenal are wearing a special all-white kit to highlight a knife crime charity ( no- more red )

I imagine we can wear anything we want ( in support of the above, I assume we may not use our normal kit ? )

That's why I was wondering, the away kit is obviously out for that reason.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're in the third kit though, not sure how it's decided but if it's anything but our choice I wonder if there's a weird symbolic objection to us appearing in the home kit.

Never feels right playing in the third kit, doesn't feel like a proper game.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

I imagine we can wear anything we want ( in support of the above, I assume we may not use our home kit ? )

Yeah, wearing red in those circumstances would seem a bit off.

Purple is fine.

• Upvote 2