You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Corruption?

Lurtz

It's 1 million percent corruption. Agree with the overriding sentiment on here and the original post from @Redder Lurtz

It has been corrupt for years. You'd have to be an utter moron to think otherwise

I have often daydreamed about an investigative journalist worth their salt exposing the entire thing. The refs, the oil money cheats, everything. 

7 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I don't see the other 19 clubs backing us in this mate. Even if the same could happen to them, I still think there is a massive dose of fuck the whinging scouse cunts (especially from the blueshite).

Normally, I think that this would be the case, but in having read the comments from other fans on the BBC's reporting of LFC's statement, I am pleasantly surprised to see that a large percentage the usual trolling is being replaced with many comments agreeing that change is due.

Certainly not full blown solidarity, but a definite awakening that keeping this to tribalism and/or laughter at another team's misfortune will not resolve what has become a blight on every fan's enjoyment of the game, and what has been to date the convenient shield that PGMOL have been getting to hide behind.

8 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Maybe it is, but it takes a lot for most teams to see past the liverbird on the shirt.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the liverbird and what it represents was behind referee bias against us.

I know many British people who live in Dubai, and I’ve heard all sorts of derogatory stereotypes about the city of Liverpool and its people. 

4 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I see Neville has a done a 180 degree turn and is condemning our club statement. Strange considering how strongly he felt about it at the time. 

Shame he never did that when the fans of his club caused the abandonment of a game between us & a few years ago.  Hypocrite of the highest order. 

Yet to see any other player carded for waving an imaginary card, like MacAllister was.

Yet to see any other player fined 100k for swearing at a ref, like Virgil was.

Nothing to see here, move along. 

Nothing less than Howard Webb's resignation is acceptable. 

• Upvote 4

Is it any surprise that refereeing has been getting noticeably worse since we've had Riley and then Webb in charge?

They were 2 of the worst referees plying the trade in the 90s, especially against us. They then got the gig to run the PGMOL and the complaints have only ramped up.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Is it any surprise that refereeing has been getting noticeably worse since we've had Riley and then Webb in charge?

They were 2 of the worst referees plying the trade in the 90s, especially against us. They then got the gig to run the PGMOL and the complaints have only ramped up.

Imagine the outrage if a 'scouser' was in charge of the PGMOL.  

Really need to see a media outlet start widely reporting about the Saudi clubs owners paying for refs to go over there for midweek jollies. That is fucking mad it hasn’t been more widely condemned/reported on. Really hope this gains some traction and they at least have to come out and explain how this is allowed to happen. 

1 minute ago, Dicko said:

Gary Neville is like a guardian reading labour supporter. All talk about unfairness and justice but as soon as it comes time to fight for it they become lily-livered centrists appealing for the status quo.

Well his opinion is going down the dustpipe. 

3 hours ago, Jennings said:

I see Neville has a done a 180 degree turn and is condemning our club statement. Strange considering how strongly he felt about it at the time. 

Absolute shame on anyone who doesn't think Neville is a cunt at any point.

• Upvote 18

21 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Darren England and Dan Cook, the guys who ran VAR yesterday and cost us the game, were flown to Saudi Arabia to officiate a game between Al Ain and Sharjah, on Thursday. First class flights a given, and paid thousands of pounds. Al Ain won the game 3-2. Now, the bloke who owns Al Ain is Mohamed Bin Zayed of Abu Dhabi. The same Mohamed Bin Zayed who owns Manchester City. The same Manchester City who'd just dropped 3 points and whom we'd have gone ahead of in the league had we won.

I didn't even know Man City had lost when we had the VAR joke decision but looked shortly after at the results and started wondering, can remember mentioning it during the match in the thread. I couldn't get over the timing of it, Man City drop their first points of the season and then we somehow have this so called offside within hours that still makes no sense even after whatever crap officials have spewed since it happened.

I never knew this about the VAR guys though. If we ever have people in the position to properly go after corruption in this league I get the feeling Man City would be known long after for one of the biggest cases this country has ever seen.