You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

If we don't invest this window and push on to some silverware ill never forgive our owners. This is here for the taking. My fear is we will run out of legs and or bodies.

Disagree, it's not here for the taking.

We might be top of the league but we are kidding our own eyes if we think the performances have been good enough to win most/all of the next 18 games.

We have an attack that doesn't create many chances and lacks cohesion, fluidity and high level decision making. 

It's a shame because we have a midfield that presses the ball well and gets the ball into the final 3rd enough. We have Virgil, Allison and Gomez in top form. But those 5 attackers aren't on the same wavelength.

We aren't buying another attacker, so that's why it's not here for the taking in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Saka dive deffo incoming.

Sorry, I meant ‘going down a bit easy.’ 

1 hour ago, polymerpunkah said:

Watching a replay, Jiminez has just nudged him slightly in the back and he's gone down like Willem Defoe in "Platoon".

1 hour ago, George Costanza said:

He's the new Harry Kane.  Gets every decision and can dive as much as he wants without any criticism

He’s a diving little weasel and gets far too much media and online protection from pundits and Dave Usher.

• Haha 1

Meanwhile, on Arsenal Mania…

SA Gunner

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately
I think you’re equating top 4 race to saying we aren’t a good side. But it’s really not (well not in my case) it’s just the reality of being up against those 2. From here, we not only have to start winning again, which i know we will, but also can’t really afford to have another little run like this. I personally don’t think we have enough goals to not have another dip in form somewhere down the line.
We won’t be in a top 4 “race” though, we’ll finish there comfortably!

Sure, I hear what you're saying and see why you say that.

I believe slightly differently. I still believe we are better than Liverpool, and I believe it will show by the end of the season.

I say so because structurally we are a better team than Liverpool and closer to City, and our problems are not because we dont have the players to execute, but rather the team follows instructions from Arteta that arent good enough and need to be changed/adapted.

The games at home vs PSV, City and Brighton, away to Liverpool and even Newcastle, show the level of quality we have in attacking and defensive situations. Arteta's challenge is to get those performances more consistently and possible in a single performance.

Anyway, lemme leave you here... enjoy your New Years.

Happy that if we win today there is a bit of distance between us and Arsenal.

Personally think they are a very good team. I think Arteta is a knobhead but credit where it's due, he is a very decent manager. 

City will be much better second half of the season but they aren't what they were previously and I do think they will drop a good few points rather than do something like win 17 or so games. The ideal thing is if they go far in the Cup and get tough draws domesically and in Europe (yeah I know).

My concern is that unlike in seasons where we got huge points totals, I think we are liable to draw at places like West Ham or even Fulham. I just hope that isn't our achilles heel.

Strange game at my local club Wrexham they have done nothing for most of the 1st half , were losing 1 nil against fellow top of the table side Barrow then out of nowhere they score 3 in 7 minutes to go in 3-1 at half time 

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

Strange game at my local club Wrexham they have done nothing for most of the 1st half , were losing 1 nil against fellow top of the table side Barrow then out of nowhere they score 3 in 7 minutes to go in 3-1 at half time 

4-1 now. 

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Thought I'd see how Morton was getting on as Hull are on telly. 

Just been sent off in the first half. Pretty harsh decision, in his defence.

Was just about to do the same. 

Cunt ref. 

Hrs supposed to be doing really well at Hull and just broke into the England U21. Wonder if we see a future for him or just a good saleable assest

13 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Literally just turned on the Hull game to watch Tyler Morton and the PGMOL hit again and he's got a straight red, not seen it commentary saying its a bullshit decision. 

Yeah, same here. Thought it was a yellow at most.

5 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yeah, same here. Thought it was a yellow at most.

Would have been a great tackle when I started playing. Everything wrong with football. Forward dangling a foot in, he's hardly caught really. Sheff Weds players,(cunt club,cunt fans) got him sent off.