You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you want Arsenal to win the league?

Kevin D

52 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

They’re genuinely unhinged about Arsenal though. It’s not a rivalry, it’s genuine hatred. 

They can't handle the fact a club from Woolwich has rocked up to North London and has become the number 1 club in that shitty part of the world.

11 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

A lot of lfc fans wear replica shirts away. 

142FA30F-ED35-4A27-AEEE-9FA80E19B91D.jpeg

People do a lot of things they really shouldn't!!

Jokes aside - end of day each to own, I just personally think replica shirts on grown adults at the game are a bad, bad look.

Also it is January and cold - most people have their big coats on - you do see those whoppers mind who wear shirts over their coats - the each to own thing does not extend to those beauts!!

• Upvote 1

Anyone noticed that they've essentially copied pre-Haaland Man City in the way they set up the team?

White is Walker. Defensive fullback, covers the counter attack.

When fit, Zinchenko plays left back, essentially as an extra central midfielder. He's very central.

Xhaka and Odegaard as the 8's are very attacking and contribute goals and assists. Odegaard is having a De Bruyne esque season. Xhaka is doing a poor man's Gundogan. 

Martinelli and Saka are true wingers who play very wide and take on the fullbacks all game. Similar to Mahrez and the days of Sterling and Sane.

Jesus is Jesus.

They even bought a Bernardo Silva type left footed Portuguese creative player in Fabio Vieira. He's not that yet, but I assume that might be the point one day.

The goals are all very spread around. No dominant attacking player. A fair few from midfield.

It's simplistic but I don't really think it's a coincidence.

15 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

We got the 30 year old PL monkey off our backs and never built on it. 

We signed Jota, Thiago and Tsimikas when we won the Premier League.  

I know what you're saying, and I sort of agree, it just bugs me to see it repeatedly phrased that way, because it's factually incorrect.

I'd argue that the signings of Jota, Diaz, Nuñez, Gakpo and Carvalho show the right approach to succession planning for our forward line; it's the complete absence of similar planning in midfield that is biting us on the arse this season.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I don't mind. Collection of really talented players that have, mainly, come through together, playing with quality players discarded by the wasteful rich clubs. Wouldn't mind seeing that win.

Their fans will make me regret it, but I was banging the drum for the talent they had when they were hating life so at least I can say "I told you so".

Edit: and Arteta's a bellend, so it would be good seeing his antics get some of the attention klopp gets for everything he does.

29 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

We signed Jota, Thiago and Tsimikas when we won the Premier League.  

I know what you're saying, and I sort of agree, it just bugs me to see it repeatedly phrased that way, because it's factually incorrect.

I'd argue that the signings of Jota, Diaz, Nuñez, Gakpo and Carvalho show the right approach to succession planning for our forward line; it's the complete absence of similar planning in midfield that is biting us on the arse this season.

Its all about timing mate,and FSG's was way out.

It doesn't really matter whether I want it to or not, as it looks pretty likely that it's going to happen regardless of my feelings. But there's a few contradictory points going round my head.

One is that any victory for the non-sportswashers of this world is to be welcomed and applauded. I can't argue really with how Arsenal have gone about their business - spending money no doubt, but generally building a side using the proceeds of being a stable, reasonably successful and reasonably well-run club for decades. If all of football was like that it'd seem more of a level playing field and at least it gives me hope that it's still possible for a club like that to do this kind of thing.

On the other hand though, their fanbase are utter throbbers, a set of entitled dickheads who I'm loath to see happy ever, who're about to have external congratulation to be added to their self-congratulation. A title win will mean more to them than it will to City's fan, so that's annoying. It's also beyond frustrating to just see them luck out completely - that while we've built and built and pushed and pushed for the best part of a decade only to be constantly frustrated by the financially doped cunts up the road, they've finished putting the finishing touches to a decent team about 10 minutes ago and suddenly the path opens up for them; our long and arduous journey has been for very little and their gentle fucking saunter has yielded just as much.

I just can't help shake the feeling that Arsenal will win, be given more credit for their isolated success than we've been given for our long-term but fruitless excellence, it'll sustain the illusion of competitiveness in the league whilst more and more megasportswashing cash bankrolls irrelevant teams into success, whilst their fans are a set of complete self-smelling cunts.

• Upvote 1

From my recollection, we got significant and widespread praise in the mainstream media when we won the European Cup and then the title. There was a sense that even journalists looked up to Jurgen Klopp. 

I wonder if people are people basing this thing about us not getting the credit we deserved on social media, because it's different to how I experienced it.

Fans who support clubs that aren't Arsenal will be septic towards them also if they go on to win the title. It's the way life works these days. 

• Upvote 2

Gooners are a bit like Brut - they take ages for the stench to fade away. Years after Wenger last had a good team the likes of Fatz and Gutz or whatever they called themselves were still acting like the whole world revolved around their club. If you could distill the essence of Goonerism and then inject it into a rat it would metamorphose into Piers Morgan. They spend whole matches singing about the other team's fans, they expect a public holiday every time they win a few games on the trot and they try to pretend that George Graham never managed the club. The best thing that could happen to them is a massive sinkhole at the Emirates.

I absolutely fucking hate Arsenal, I've hated them ever since they broke my heart aged 8, when they beat us in the 1987 League Cup final & it's grown since then.

Despite the oil money, I'd much prefer City (or Newcastle) to win anything over those twats.

1 Man Utd

2 Everton

3 Arsenal

4 Chelsea 

In that order of hatred for me. Those jumped up sportswashing projects don't come close.

• 3 months later...