You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

15 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Plenty of rumours the United deal to the Qatari lot is done. No source other than the United fans on my WhatsApp chats are saying it.

another oil state to compete against.

All stems from a twitter account set up in Cardiff.

https://theathletic.com/4605409/2023/06/13/manchester-united-why-twitter-buzz-increased-share-price-does-not-takeover/

• Upvote 1

Just now, Baltar said:

£6BN for that shower, the Glazers probably can't believe their luck. 

What did they pay? 600m? Didn’t put a penny of their own money in, took out big salaries, expenses and dividends and get around 10 times that back.

that’s a great return.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I always say he's better than ferguson. My missus is a manc and a lot of her family are season ticket holders. They use the money arguement I say who used to out spend Ferguson on players he had every advantage that pep has had only the scale has moved and new laws were introduced which city have broken. They can't even use the state owned shit any more because they've been sucking Qatar sausage for 12 months. So infront of her family whenever he's the subject I say greatest manager of the sky era by far.

Nah, I detested the gin soaked twat but Ferguson was the better manager. I get why Pep gets the praise, he does elevate his teams, improves players and they play magnificent football. His Barca team was the best I've ever seen. But at the end of the day, Pep needs great players to build a great team, and he invariably has to buy these great players. Or inherit them like he did with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. Ferguson won league titles with a midfield of Fletcher and Cleverly ffs. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Baltar said:

Nah, I detested the gin soaked twat but Ferguson was the better manager. I get why Pep gets the praise, he does elevate his teams, improves players and they play magnificent football. His Barca team was the best I've ever seen. But at the end of the day, Pep needs great players to build a great team, and he invariably has to buy these great players. Or inherit them like he did with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. Ferguson won league titles with a midfield of Fletcher and Cleverly ffs. 

Not only that, and I agree on your first point whole heartedly regarding Ferguson but football these days is such a smaller bubble, by that I mean in the 90s I bet a large portion of fans in other countries would not know who the manager of Utd was at the time never mind pick him from a line up.

These days you have these clowns who follow players and managers rather than clubs so their profiles are much higher, chuck in recency bias also. 

It's all a bit shit really.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Not only that, and I agree on your first point whole heartedly regarding Ferguson but football these days is such a smaller bubble, by that I mean in the 90s I bet a large portion of fans in other countries would not know who the manager of Utd was at the time never mind pick him from a line up.

These days you have these clowns who follow players and managers rather than clubs so their profiles are much higher, chuck in recency bias also. 

It's all a bit shit really.

Only a bit shit?

1 minute ago, George Costanza said:

started watching it but Croatia are so unbeliveabky dull to watch I turned it off.  Netherlands not that much better to watch either. Frankie De Jong has two speeds :- slow & glacial.

3-goals-dull for the Reds in a semi final some time next season would do me fine.

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Modric tucks away a fourth. As is often the case, he’s been the best player on the pitch tonight by a huge distance.

Hopefully Croatia go on and win this. Overdue a trophy. 

image.png

Dutch fan, bored out of their brains.

Oh, and it was almost 5...

image.png

I see Keita played for Guinea yesterday.

Amazing how he is suddenly fit....let's face it this last 'injury' since he was hooked at half time away at Palace in Feb was a load of bollocks - he wasn't injured - it was just the final straw that day. A fitting end to his time with us.