You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Midtjylland (H) Champions League - 27/10/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Well that was very hard to watch because the stream was utter shite. Oh, and thanks BT, I missed Mo's pen!

I was afraid our performance wouldnt be great when I saw Jurgen's team. Love the man and yes, I know games are thick and fast. But, it's play your best 11 from the off then make the 5 subs when you can.

There's always the chance that we could still have played poorly but, the oppos wouldnt have been scared playing that front 3 of who, only Jota looks the part. Div, you'll always be in our hearts and I know it's hard to come in like this but, you're just not up to it.

To me, Taki shows the danger of letting players tell you who to sign. Hope he comes good but it looks a long road. Could maybe have scored with that header late in the first half but once again, did a lot of running but no end result. Gives the ball away too much.

We struggled all game and the only shot their keeper faced was Mo's pen?! Why do we always, always have to walk the ball into the net? city score because they have a pop at goal. If that mahrez chance against Leicester in the first 3 minutes had of fallen to us, you just know the ball would have been knocked square into a crowded box. Trent had a great chance in the box in the first half, could have taken the shot but instead tried to square it for Shaq(?) and the chance was lost. Just fucking hit the bastard thing!

Second half, Mo, Sadio and Bobby found it hard to get in the game. In fact Id say only Mo got in the game. Robbo never looks as effective if Sadio isnt on from the start and by the time he did come on, the link up between the two wasnt much.

Bobby really should be hitting the target with that late chance. I dont like criticising Bobby but they almost got a late equaliser when it was 1-0 when he just stood and watched a white shirt breeze past him.

End of the day it's a clean sheet and 3 points so 6 from 6 but this could very easily have gone wrong. Hopefully Hendo came off as a precaution after being hacked by Cajuste. fabs a worry as that looked like a hammy so 5 or 6 weeks out.

Hope that Antonio lump at west ham also missed the game due to his hammy problem.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, J-V said:

Firmino hasn't been special for an age.

Unfortunately I’m starting to come around to your way of thinking. As a forward he hasn’t really performed over the past couple of seasons. He had his best game in years for us on the weekend though as a no 10, so I’d like to see Klopp give that another try.

That was one of the lowest quality football matches I've ever seen. Both sides should honestly be embarrassed at the technical level on display. It was League 2 stuff.

Gomez' passing was horrific. Minamino couldn't control a single thing. Origi, it's not even worth talking about. He just does whatever he wants out there. Milner was toiling. Even the front 3 when they came on got infected with the shitness of the game. Trent is the only exception, he thankfully stepped his game up. And shout out to Williams, who had nothing to do, but still.

Just now, The Guest said:

Alisson was great I thought there.  He made a couple of saves/punches that were important.  It’s mad how easy he makes everything look.  He had an interview before the game that was class as well.

Thought he looked rusty against Sheffield but was catching most things confidently tonight.

7 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Rhys Williams was hardly put under any pressure.  He didn't mark well on crosses on several occasions.

If he plays against West Ham Saturday then we will see what he can do. Given Gomez is shaky at times it will be a big test for the lad.

Agree with all of that, 

He’ll face much sterner tests, but he’s got nearly an hour under his belt and with a clean sheet, that should have done his confidence no harm.

Thought he settled well and played simple balls, which was all he was required to do in that game

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

That was one of the lowest quality football matches I've ever seen. Both sides should honestly be embarrassed at the technical level on display. It was League 2 stuff.

Gomez' passing was horrific. Minamino couldn't control a single thing. Origi, it's not even worth talking about. He just does whatever he wants out there. Milner was toiling. Even the front 3 when they came on got infected with the shitness of the game. Trent is the only exception, he thankfully stepped his game up. And shout out to Williams, who had nothing to do, but still.

Robbo was good, Jota was quite good, Alisson was solid, and Shaq had his moments, Gomez wasn’t that bad and Gini did well after coming on.

22 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Wow, how did you manage that?

I wish it was me there (actually we were shit I’d have been picked up on BT calling the world a cunt) my mate works for BT managed to get round there for it while they were fannying about with var 

This is a weird season with injuries. Us and City seem to be having a lot more than others, but I guess other teams will get them as well in the coming weeks. Hope nothing too serious with Mo there.

6 out of 6. If we can take 4 points from Atalanta, then we can rest lads mid week and give the likes of Rhys Williams a bit of game time. While Taki was poor tonight, he needs to be played and games like today would have been the perfect game to get him up and running. I would like to see Robbo and Trent rested if possible if we get to that point and again put out the squad options.