You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

Some Tory cunts think What is it about leaving education, becoming a taxpayer, a homeowner and a parent that shifts voters to the right? The reality of responsibilities…

Personally, I think any attempt to make a trend out of the past 20, 30, 40 years of voting is asking for trouble if they think that it'll be something to be relied on in the next 5, 10, 15 years.

This is the era of young people who have been fucked by the state due to the 2008 bailout, by the media in bed with politics, by boundary changes, and by big business owning everything.  There will be no crossover at 34 in years to come, and there will only be more poor young people coming behind them to vote Labour.  

Guest Pistonbroke

A new poll Haa the tories with a 11% lead. Don't do it to yourselves. The cunt party will walk this election.

Source? Is that the poll which is going around but is done by a Tory backer.

Certain other polls have the lead by a lot less, Seat wise the Tories don't look like getting enough to form a Govt without going into alliances. 

Source? Is that the poll which is going around but is done by a Tory backer.

Certain other polls have the lead by a lot less, Seat wise the Tories don't look like getting enough to form a Govt without going into alliances. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-poll-latest-tories-majority-miss-seats-yougov-survey-labour-theresa-may-a7773106.html

This one reckons she misses a majority by 21 seats.

And, as you alluded to...

The Conservatives' lead as measured by ICM is wider than in several opinion polls conducted by other firms

Guest Pistonbroke

Yeah, that was one of the polls I was reading about this morning. Plus they are factoring in certain things due to the miserable results they have predicted in the last GE and the Referendum on the EU. 

There was a feeling on social media during the last election that the worm was turning in favour of labour, people were angry at the coalition, Miliband began to get a fan club, meet with Russel brand, the whole young vote vibe, the Tories got a majority.

I'm changing my avatar to something more appropriate.

The variances seem to be to do with attempting to interpret actual with intended voting. If the representative people surveyed stating their support for Labour actually turn up and vote (younger voters) it might be much closer than expected otherwise we're in for several more year's of 'strong and stable'.

Sky News ticker saying that Irish police are assisting the Met police as one of the attackers on Saturday night was carrying an ID card showing he lived in Ireland for a time.

Is it just my paranoia or ARE THEY REALLY GOING THERE??!!

There was a feeling on social media during the last election that the worm was turning in favour of labour, people were angry at the coalition, Miliband began to get a fan club, meet with Russel brand, the whole young vote vibe, the Tories got a majority.

I'm changing my avatar to something more appropriate.

Where is Russell this time round?