You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sadio Mane

Paco

Not sure how true it is but I read on a website yesterday that Liverpool have one more point than at the same stage last season. If true, it means we are doing OK, unfortunately the Manc clubs are doing exceptionally rather than OK.

I could be wrong but i think that was a 'from the corresponding fixtures' measure as opposed to after 7 games one.

Our season was all but ruined already. Mane just gave us a better excuse. I don't think he would've saved it; very poor himself this season so far.

Time for the Ox to show what he's made of.

He was brilliant this season up until a few games ago.

But yea, our owners spending fuck all again meant we were always going to go backwards. That much was obvious.

He was brilliant this season up until a few games ago.

But yea, our owners spending fuck all again meant we were always going to go backwards. That much was obvious.

To be fair the owners spent quite a bit and we dicked around trying to VVD and were offering up to £60m if I remember right. It wasn’t the owners fault that we didn’t have anyone else lined up to spend the money was it?

To be fair the owners spent quite a bit and we dicked around trying to VVD and were offering up to £60m if I remember right. It wasn’t the owners fault that we didn’t have anyone else lined up to spend the money was it?

We didn't even bid for VVD and no, they didnt spend quite a bit. Nowhere near what we earn, again.

I care about international football. I'm not English so that helps but I still retain this idealistic notion that international should be a cut above, somehow higher class. I'm watching guys like David Myler, Shane Duffy, James McLean - donkeys in multi million dollar business LFC is part of and they gave me the best football buzz since Dortmund 18 months ago.

Mane? Fantastic footballer, the last man we want to lose to injury and I have no doubt his absence is going to cost us dearly again. I don't blame international football though, this shit happens every time there's an international break and if the club wants/needs to maintain a squad of international level players then it needs to suspend its blind adherence to the doctrine that the Sky TV Premier Champions League is the only show in town because, thank god, it isn't.

Problem is that they stop all the other leagues too. Even if you know the PL isnt the only game in town you still can't watch any of them for a fortnight,and they happen every few weeks rather than months apart. Internationals are shite and are almost always between mismatched teams anyway.

• Upvote 1

We seem to get a disproportionate level of injuries during international weeks.

The various differences between club and country training regimes probably doesn't help in terms of the muscle and ligament injuries that we're constantly blighted with.

Two,often meaningless,games over a period of little more than 3-4 days while travelling thousands of miles is always what the doctor advises for staying in tip top condition.

• Upvote 1

Glad we really put our foot down ahead of the biggest game of the season to ensure our two best players didn't play the full ninety minutes, Okay, so one played 86 minutes and the other got injured in the 89th, but even so we mean business.

'We come not to mean business'

• Upvote 1

Not sure how true it is but I read on a website yesterday that Liverpool have one more point than at the same stage last season. If true, it means we are doing OK, unfortunately the Manc clubs are doing exceptionally rather than OK.

Hmm. Doesn’t quite fit into the narrative peddled around these parts.

Hmm. Doesn’t quite fit into the narrative peddled around these parts.

How?

The narrative on here is that it's October, and the summer transfer window has been shown to have been a failure. Also we're already out of 1 competition, the title is out of reach, we're stumbling through the easiest CL group, and will likely have our hands full retaining a top 4 spot.

How does our points total from this time last year have any bearing on that?

We had 16pts after 7 games last season, this season we have 12pts so that website was talking bollocks.

That website was comparing the pts gained from the corresponding games last season (and not counting newcastle when doing do so) or alternatively talking bollocks, yeah.

As an aside we did as you say have 16 pts from 7 games last season we drew game 8 to have 17 from 8.

Let's see what game 8 brings Saturday!