You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rio 2016 Summer Olympics

Anubis

Especially when second place went past her.

Landed badly on the huge kerb.

As Boardman said, it raises serious questions about the selection of the route which produced serious crashes in that section in the men's and women's races

Superb. Adam Peaty just broke his own world record to take gold. Apparently he has the 7 fastest times in history. I hadn't even heard of him until a few days ago - this is what makes the Olympic Games so special. I love the story about his mum too; had never been on a plane until now... to watch her boy. Lovely stuff!

• Upvote 1

Superb. Adam Peaty just broke his own world record to take gold. Apparently he has the 7 fastest times in history. I hadn't even heard of him until a few days ago - this is what makes the Olympic Games so special. I love the story about his mum too; had never been on a plane until now... to watch her boy. Lovely stuff!

Brilliant story.

The lad hated water, wouldnt sit down in the bath, and wouldnt go near the sea when he went to the beach. So his mum sent him off for swimming lessons.

Then he sets the 3 fastest times in history in two days, phenomenal achievement.

Yup, just brilliant for the bloke and his family. 

Only downer on the swimming is the irritating twat who's presenting it, Helen "Hiiiiiiyyyya guuyyyyyys" Skelton. The twat.

• Upvote 1

It never fails does it?

A British competitor makes serene progress in their event, away from any sort of spotlight from the British media. They they get to a semi final and have a chance to get through to a final and compete for the gold. A computer in the BBC office goes off like the warning siren in a nuclear power plant and before you know it, the competitor, the competitor's family, the competitor's friends, the competitor's neighbours, the competitor's old school teachers, the competitor's African pen pal from 15 years ago, and the competitor's dog, are all interviewed and blather on about being proud etc. The competitor starts their semi final contest on fire, winning the first couple of points thus causing the commentators to start creaming themselves, only for the opponent - who probably only started playing the sport last week - to come back and totally blitz the Brit. Then the narrative changes to how brave the Brit was (100% guaranteed if they're from Scotland) and how it was a gallant defeat.

Only downer on the swimming is the irritating twat who's presenting it, Helen "Hiiiiiiyyyya guuyyyyyys" Skelton. The twat.

Thank you, Redders.

Desperate listening to interviewers trying to get anything out of his family at home. Looks like he got more than his share of brains in the family