You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

To be fair, Kloppo bought Karius to solve the keeper-problem we had. He has to take some responsibility. We need better in the sticks.

It was a £4m gamble that hasn’t worked mate, it’s not like he brought him in and has backed him all the way, he brought him in it didn’t work, he took him out and realised the other guy is useless and has no capacity to improve so he brought his buy back in who has the potential to improve and by and large he has improved this year but his level of improvement isn’t good enough to be a goalkeeper in a CL final.

Like I said wait and see if he’s replaced, if he’s not and makes more mistakes next season then questions on Klopps judgement of him then needs to be questioned but for now Klopp gets a pass.

Spot on.  It's also worth pointing out that Karius was bought at a time when there were so many other parts of the squad that needed upgrading.  We simply couldn't afford to throw £50m at a proven goalkeeper when we had other priorities.

Now the rest of the squad is significantly improved, we can look at the goalkeeper situation again.

• Upvote 1

Why when Mignolet is worse?

We’ll see if Klopp buys a first choice keeper in the summer or not and if he doesn’t and Karius makes more blunders then next season Klopp has to but for now it’s not on Klopp at all, that’s ridiculous to say it is.

I know he is shit. You know he is shit. We all know he is shit. Yet he is 1st choice in a CL final. That's on the manager.

He made two huge mistakes, one of which wouldn't have mattered had it been officiated correctly but that's football. He also made some really important saves. I get being mad, I get thinking he's shit and needs to be replaced, but to say he was fake crying and doesn't give a fuck?! That's fucking ridiculous.

It is an interesting point about officiated correctly. I noticed the ref last night was not marking the full 10 yards from ball to wall. Often nowadays refs do not always make players stand the regulation distance from a free kick. How many times have we seen free kicks having to be played sideways or even back because an oppo will not go back the distance.

Attacking players are not supposed to impede a keeper when taking a drop kick but as per last night the ref saw no infringement with Benzema being within 2 of Karius when hold the ball and looking to distribute it. That clown Poll last night said if Karius had of gone to kick it it would have been a free kick to Liverpool but because he rolled it out there was no infringement. That is plain daft.

What one was officiated incorrectly?

Benzema was off when the ball was played to him. I've also seen players get carded for harassing a keeper with the ball trying to kick or throw like that multiple times over the years. It doesn't change that it was a mistake but for me there's enough there that it shouldn't have stood as a goal.

To be fair, Kloppo bought Karius to solve the keeper-problem we had. He has to take some responsibility. We need better in the sticks.

He does and we do.

Dudek, an error prone but far, far better keeper was replaced by Rafa Benitez as first choice after a starring role in our only elite-tier triumph since 1990, because he was still a weak link. Whether or not Karius starts in goal next season will tell us a lot about Klopp and whether we can expect to progress any further.

It is an interesting point about officiated correctly. I noticed the ref last night was not marking the full 10 yards from ball to wall. Often nowadays refs do not always make players stand the regulation distance from a free kick. How many times have we seen free kicks having to be played sideways or even back because an oppo will not go back the distance.

Attacking players are not supposed to impede a keeper when taking a drop kick but as per last night the ref saw no infringement with Benzema being within 2 of Karius when hold the ball and looking to distribute it. That clown Poll last night said if Karius had of gone to kick it it would have been a free kick to Liverpool but because he rolled it out there was no infringement. That is plain daft.

You really believe Benzema done wrong? He wasn’t even facing Karius at the time he was about the throw it, he turned then was half facing him when he threw it, Benzema was far enough away that Karius could have threw around him, over him, turned the other way and give it to Robertson but no he threw it the only place possible where Benzema could dangle a leg out and it go in. It wasn’t an infringement at all, if Benzema was closer to him then yeh it could possibly have been but the fact he was relatively far away and didn’t impede Karius from doing anything suggests it wasn’t a foul. He could have literally done 20 different things with that ball but choose to throw it within the vicinity of a striker on his own, that’s just retarded.

Didn't see what Poll said but I agree that the splitting hairs between a throw/roll and a kick is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe it's in the rulebook, but if so it's a shit rule.

Benzema was off when the ball was played to him. I've also seen players get carded for harassing a keeper with the ball trying to kick or throw like that multiple times over the years. It doesn't change that it was a mistake but for me there's enough there that it shouldn't have stood as a goal.

I haven’t noticed if Benzema was offside or not but having no intention of going for the ball then the keeper having it in his hands takes that “phase” of attack away from it, it becomes a new phase as soon as Karius grasps it. He didn’t harass him at all mate that’s insane! His doesn’t get in his face or block the throw, no one made Karius throw it at him, if he was being harassed he’s an even bigger moron! Why the fuck would you launch the ball at the guy harassing you without either throwing your arm up to signal to the ref that he can’t do anything with the ball because Benzema’s blocking him or just sprint past him and roll it or kick it to whoever he wanted?

I know he is shit. You know he is shit. We all know he is shit. Yet he is 1st choice in a CL final. That's on the manager.

He does and we do.

Dudek, an error prone but far, far better keeper was replaced by Rafa Benitez as first choice after a starring role in our only elite-tier triumph since 1990, because he was still a weak link. Whether or not Karius starts in goal next season will tell us a lot about Klopp and whether we can expect to progress any further.

That's a good point that.  Because of Istanbul, we forget how meh Dudek generally was.  Rafa had a shit keeper as 1st choice in a CL Final; that's on the manager.

Because of last night, Karius will never be regarded as anything but terrible, when the truth is he's better than most of the keepers we've had in the last 25 years.  And, he still had the scope to improve.  (I think that's gone now.)  It seems there are a few round here who are happier saying "told you so" than they would be to see a Liverpool player play well.

I’m going to make a massive load of assumptions about him because I’m still massively pissed off. I believe all of them to be completely true though. My take on it.

He was fake crying on the pitch. When he moved his hands from his face there were clearly no tears.

He won’t give a shit this morning. He’s the sort of person who doesn’t. He’s earning a shit load of money and now a lot more people in the world know who he is and will follow him on Instagram. The first mistake he made was indicative of his character. He’s arrogant enough to not concentrate. In tight games like last night you need to make the opposition work for their goal. This cunt doesn’t care about that and will take risks and do stupid things because he thinks he’s the best keeper in the world.

Klopp will have been telling everyone to treat this like a normal game. If you think up the gravity of it then it can put you off and you won’t play to your potential. He should have been all over this cunt though telling him the exact opposite. He’s probably pulling shit like this most days in training. He’s done loads of stupid shit.

People can say it’s down to the coaching and maybe it is but you can’t really out coach not rolling the ball into the strikers legs. It takes a certain level of stupidity mixed with arrogance to do something that colossally shite.

It was telling that the players didn’t go to him. They probably seen it coming. Henderson getting into him at the end of the last game is another sign. People like Karius can’t be talked to. They will do it their own way and this is the result when their own way is wrong.

Worst post I've read on here in a long time. Based on it I'm going to make an assumption. You're not really a very nice person. Your posts are also far too long and self-congratulatory.

• Upvote 2

You really believe Benzema done wrong? He wasn’t even facing Karius at the time he was about the throw it, he turned then was half facing him when he threw it, Benzema was far enough away that Karius could have threw around him, over him, turned the other way and give it to Robertson but no he threw it the only place possible where Benzema could dangle a leg out and it go in. It wasn’t an infringement at all, if Benzema was closer to him then yeh it could possibly have been but the fact he was relatively far away and didn’t impede Karius from doing anything suggests it wasn’t a foul. He could have literally done 20 different things with that ball but choose to throw it within the vicinity of a striker on his own, that’s just retarded.

You clearly did not read my post. Well done.

Awaiting picture of Karius in a pair of budgie smugglers on a beach hand in hand with his latest bit of hot stuff. And not giving two fucks.

That’s the reason rich people are rich and successful people are successful ... they don’t dwell on past mistakes and live in the past. They move forward. That’s why you’ll see him loving life on some island in a week with a fit bird and we’re all still grey and twisted at his mistakes. He’ll be checking his bank balance and making his next move to creating a new clothing line whilst we’ll all be still living in his mistakes.

That's a good point that.  Because of Istanbul, we forget how meh Dudek generally was.  Rafa had a shit keeper as 1st choice in a CL Final; that's on the manager.

Because of last night, Karius will never be regarded as anything but terrible, when the truth is he's better than most of the keepers we've had in the last 25 years.  And, he still had the scope to improve.  (I think that's gone now.)  It seems there are a few round here who are happier saying "told you so" than they would be to see a Liverpool player play well.

Speaking for myself I take no pleasure whatsoever in Karius's fuck ups last night,

I would have been over the moon had he made a couple of worldies to win us the game .

I thought he was shite from the start and despite improvements he is nowhere near the level we need ; which he should be at his age now.

Hopefully Jurgen will accept that he can't solve the goal keeping position on the cheap. I have a feeling it's not a position Klopp is that bothered about as long as the rest of the team are doing well, then an average 'keeper is sufficient. In Karius' case, we're talking about below average. Hopefully he'll change his attitude and bring in a genuine top class goalie.

This, sir, is codswallop. And I take said cod and slap you around the face with it.

slap.gif

He had a decent 6 months but there was still mistakes during that time he is better than Mingolet in my opinion. Last night I wanted him shot, castraighted se on fire cartel style and numerous other nasty things, today I'm still gutted but I feel sorry for the guy (although I would like to kick him in the plums) I think that is him finished goalkeepers relay on confidence a lot and his is shot (Dudek was similar good keeper made a few high profile mistakes and never really recovered) I don't think he is good enough for us and I never thought he was Klopp needs to act quickly and replace him for the good of the team and also for Karius himself needs to be taking out of the firing line cant think of anything that keeps him at No1 next season.

He's got to be bombed off in the summer, for me.

Support him in the meantime, but be ruthless. We've got to where we where in the past by tolerating players who aren't up to it on a regular enough basis and who consistently make mistakes. We can't afford to shrug our shoulders and mitigate the drastic effect of individual mistakes by pointing to past things done well or by hopeful claims that a player will come good.

We had David James throwing away a title challenge with clangers against United and Coventry. Kirkland, Carson, Dudek and Westerveld were all jibbed when the mistakes became regular and costly.

We're at that stage now with both our keepers. Let them both go. Promote Ward to the regular number 2 or even bring in 2 keepers. Fabianski would be worth a look at, to rotate or compete with another decent keeper. I like McCarthy at Southampton, but I'd also like us to go big on Allisson or Oblak, if obtainable.