You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

Almost like we never really wanted him in the first place.  We're as bad as Everton and their failed medicals and utd and their ronaldo, neymar & Bale shite.

Not to defend the honour of FSG and the Committee, but how are we as bad as them when we put some cold, hard cash on the table? I really wanted him, but Shakhtar are still in Europe and fighting tooth and nail for the league. They were never going to sell for anything less than an extortionate price, a price we just can't meet because we don't have bottomless piles of cash.

Besides if we were in the same position as Shakhtar are now and Barca came in with their usual unsettling tactics to prise away our top goalscorer and best player, there would be letter bombs being sent to the Nou Camp.

Not to defend the honour of FSG and the Committee, but how are we as bad as them when we put some cold, hard cash on the table? I really wanted him, but Shakhtar are still in Europe and fighting tooth and nail for the league. They were never going to sell for anything less than an extortionate price, a price we just can't meet because we don't have bottomless piles of cash.

Besides if we were in the same position as Shakhtar are now and Barca came in with their usual unsettling tactics to prise away our top goalscorer and best player, there would be letter bombs being sent to the Nou Camp.

Our bid was never going to accepted. You think the club didn't know that before leaking info about how desperate we are for him.

32 million euros for a 26 year old who has thus far proved fuck all at the highest level? Sounds like a reasonable offer, unless the selling club aren't interested in selling. In which case it's a moot fucking point however much is offered.

Rather than making silly offers for players who definitely aren't for sale, why not identify some targets who might be available? But not Shane fucking Long, thanks.

Our bid was never going to accepted. You think the club didn't know that before leaking info about how desperate we are for him.

It's called negotiating. We made a decent effort to get him I would think. Yesterday his value was £38 million, this morning it's £50 million. I don't think they were ever going to accept anything that didn't breach the bounds of sanity.

• Upvote 1

Which policy? Spending gadzilion on shite who no else is interested in and submitting unacceptably low bids for quality players?

I think the results of the first situation explain the second.

I have never even heard of this Teixera lad before this situation although I am aware that Shakhtar have been a very good team for quite a while,in European terms.

Is he worth a serious amount of cash or what?

Would never even try to deal in that part of the world again. We should stick with what we know or alternatively offer them loads of 10 year old Mercs And Beamers, unlimited Coa cola and Levis jeans.

50m ? What about a Levi's shirt, a Big Mac and a Sheena Easton tape.

Oligarchs, gangsters, warlords and pimps. But enough about the LMA.

I CANT WAIT

Just need the army of Orcs outside the Britannia, the blue dildo parade outside Goodison, 'Arry talking from his car window about 'triffic lads', Jim White snorting 3 kilos of class A and Natalie Sawyer in a yellow dress that barely keeps her tits in.

I struggle to understand why so many deals are made so late. January is often the busiest month for top flight clubs in terms of games played. Why wouldn't you want to have any business done before hand so you can get them through the door and into the side as soon as possible. Steve 'My head is bigger than Asia' Bruce was just on SSN then saying he wants to sign Nick Powell on loan from Utd but isn't sure he will have time to get it done. It is the 29th of the fucking month and he is hardly playing in the first team week in week out. It's all a load of fucking bollocks. As is our policy of improving the squad with Steven Caulker and some fucking kid that no-ones heard of. 

• Upvote 2

Because a deal for a DM won't let much room for bribes for the fraudsters.

Ugh I want to take a shit on them so much.

Haven't we developed some scheme to funnel money back to the owners under the table that is super secret and no one else knows about cuz they are smarter than everyone else?