You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds set to un-fire the Lazar?

tlw content

I think there are premiership sides who would've taken him on loan but I'm not sure of any that fit our style under Rodgers who was making those decisions at the time. That's something often overlooked with loans I think. The league quality is obviously important but for me it would be wise to send a player to a team that plays similar to how our team intends to play, granted it's not always possible and under Rodgers it seemed to change with by the season anyway.

Think he's a bit above Championship level. Didn't he win two league titles in two different countries before coming here? The championship is hardly gonna get him used to the British game either.

I have no idea if he'll make it here or not. I don't think he's a shithouse, he puts a shift in defensively, but he is a bit lightweight. I'd just like to see him given a chance in his favoured position. He's one of those I could see coming back in the summer and making an instant impact in the first month or two, but doubt he'll be a starter as the season progresses.

I think you may be on your own there, mate.

What is the British game anyway? Surely you want someone as far away from that shit as possible. Fuckin hoofing long balls and shit innit.

Should have sent him somewhere like Derby. Learn the language, get used to the pitches, the food, the way our refs opporate, the more physical side of the game etc. Sending him to Turkey makes little sense imo.

• 4 months later...