You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

What an absolute fucking legend. This might have been posted already, but it can be posted for 100 consecutive posts for all I care. I love hearing Carra talk about this football club. Class, strength and passion. Fucking legend.

Whereas Aidy Ward, well, he's the fucking antithesis of Carra. Pretty much embodies all that's wrong with togger these days. Every single one of his clients I know of seem to have made bad choices and are seen as a bit of a joke or a cunt. Odemwinge driving to wherever it was to force his transfer, Berahino is considered to be an arrogant little get and now Sterling.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KvDEI9yJEvc

Is it just me, or does everyone else think that Carra would twat the little gobshite for being and doing what he is and has of late?

Good on you Carra for saying and showing your emotion about him.

• Upvote 1

Been reading some comments that people think the club should have offered sterling a new contract at the end of last season because of his form.

Sorry, cant agree with that line. So the club is supposed to dish out a new contract (£80k a week someone suggested) because sterling turned in some very good performances in the last 12 - 14 games of the season?

I dont recollect anyone thinking our performances from the start of the season to Christmas and by association sterling's, was title winning form never mind title challenging.

I dont see how the club should be expected to dish out a new contract to sterling on that basis. And, if you go down that route, shouldnt all the other players in the team have been in line for new contracts? Nope, its a ludicrous suggestion bourne on hindsight.

The good news is the club is now playing hardball and have cancelled talks with sterling and his bitch. Publically the club may be saying they want to keep him but privately, I wouldnt be surprised if they are now hoping a £40m bid comes in.

Oh, and I hope we remind united that our policy mirrors theirs in the heinze saga and we dont do business with those shites.

Under Robinson & Smith Sterling would have been given an uplift in his wages fairly regularly if his form improved and the team did well.

With this lot they were content to leave him on £35k a week for as long as possible and only start negotiating last October.

Sterling's agent is a cock no doubt, but what the fuck did the club think was going to happen after waiting so long?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Is it just me, or does everyone else think that Carra would twat the little gobshite for being and doing what he is and has of late?

Good on you Carra for saying and showing your emotion about him.

He'd have definitely had a word in his shell like. And that parasite Ward's.

Pretty sure he put something in his book about Rafa wanting him to twat someone who had played shit or not put a shift in and he wasn't into it. Reckon he's handy like, but not one to go round chinning people.

Under Robinson & Smith Sterling would have been given an uplift in his wages fairly regularly if his form improved and the team did well.

With this lot they were content to leave him on £35k a week for as long as possible and only start negotiating last October.

Sterling's agent is a cock no doubt, but what the fuck did the club think was going to happen after waiting so long?

Spot on. The club have made a massive error if you look at it that way and you can half understand Sterling's thought process.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He wouldnt have been given an increase for playing well in just 12 or 14 games.

Players under robinson and smith got a regular increase when they helped the team over a season, not a few games.

I find it wierd people rushing to criticise the club (yet again) for not giving a player an increase of 50k a week (to the suggest 80k a week) over 5 years just because of a handfull of games.

And what about the other players in the team, mignolet, coutinho, henderson etc?

So, you'll have to excuse me when I entirely disagree with your observation

• Upvote 3

I know it's easy to blame Rodgers but surely some players need tough love. All we've seen from him on the subject of Sterling is praise heaped on praise and smothering him with love. He's a greedy little shit with a fucking cunt of an agent and he should have called him out a year ago before it got to this.

There's no way back now which is unfortunate because the kid will in all likelihood turn out to be a top player and because it makes us look like complete fucking amateurs , again .

Players under robinson and smith got a regular increase when they helped the team over a season, not a few games.

I find it wierd people rushing to criticise the club (yet again) for not giving a player an increase of 50k a week (to the suggest 80k a week) over 5 years just because of a handfull of games.

And what about the other players in the team, mignolet, coutinho, henderson etc?

What the fuck do you think Sterling was doing last season?

His own manager called him the best young player in Europe. Yet we waited until October to start negotiations.

What about Coutinho & Henderson? They've both just signed new contracts.

• Upvote 1

Also add into the fact there was 3 years left on his contract at the time. It's different if we let it run down to the last 12 months like Owen and lose money on him. In that case the club was inept not so much with the sterling contract.

On that basis though, why did we then feel the need to offer him £100k a week at a later date following a drop in form. He was already considered hot property and clubs were sniffing around then. It is arrogance and complacency to leave it until their hand is forced.

On that basis though, why did we then feel the need to offer him £100k a week at a later date following a drop in form. He was already considered hot property and clubs were sniffing around then. It is arrogance and complacency to leave it until their hand is forced.

Dont talk nonsense. The club in line with most other clubs looks to secure new deal 12 to 24 months before a contract ends. Some contracts get down to 12 months, others 24 months.

You and a few others still ignore the point about the other team members, Should they all have been offered increased terms because we went on an unbeaten run of 12 or so games?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think players should get a pay rise after every good game... That's the logical conclusion to this right?

On that basis, then they should also take a pay drop after every bad one, given thats the case, the majority of this current team would be paying the club to play.

• Upvote 1

What the fuck do you think Sterling was doing last season?

His own manager called him the best young player in Europe. Yet we waited until October to start negotiations.

What about Coutinho & Henderson? They've both just signed new contracts.

What are you blabbing about now? You suggest sterling deserved a huge increase at the end of last season because he played well in 12 or so games. Why werent you campaigning for henderson, coutinho and others to get a huge increase at the end of last season then?

Henderson has only just agreed a new deal, Coutinho ealrier on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dont talk nonsense. The club in line with most other clubs looks to secure new deal 12 to 24 months before a contract ends. Some contracts get down to 12 months, others 24 months.

You and a few others still ignore the point about the other team members, Should they all have been offered increased terms because we went on an unbeaten run of 12 or so games?

None of the others were being hailed as Europe's Top Young Player though mate.

The point is, the club would rTher keep him, but they offered him £20k more than he would have taken 3 months prior, which he would have accepted and now he's turned it down. We want him, he's going. We are the losers here and we could have prevented it.

None of the others were being hailed as Europe's Top Young Player though mate.

The point is, the club would rTher keep him, but they offered him £20k more than he would have taken 3 months prior, which he would have accepted and now he's turned it down. We want him, he's going. We are the losers here and we could have prevented it.

Actually I think you'll find Coutinho was being similarly talked about.

The bottom line is, you dont hand out 5 year contracts on grossly increased rate based on just 12 or so games and even then, not to just one team member.

Or at least most sane people wouldnt.

What are you blabbing about now? You suggest sterling deserved a huge increase at the end of last season because he played well in 12 or so games. Why werent you campaigning for henderson, coutinho and others to get a huge increase at the end of last season then?

You seem to be missing your own point here. You think Sterling should have signed £100k, yet can't see if we had acted promotly we could have got him for less, in fact fuck the less bit, we would have got him full stop.

If the club see his worth at £100k after a run of bad form, why not £80k after a great run of form. Why wait till mid season?

Actually I think you'll find Coutinho was being similarly talked about.

The bottom line is, you dont hand out 5 year contracts on grossly increased rate based on just 12 or so games and even then, not to just one team member.

Or at least most sane people wouldnt.

Fuck me! So what is the £100k offer based on you mad cunt?

Putting aside what people feel about his agent.

I think it was a deliberate strategy by the club to take their time on contracts like Arsenal do.

Flannagan expired next month, Skrtel and Henderson next summer also.

They pissed Gerrard about also, it's a risk the club took, it worked with Coutinho and Henderson not with Sterling and Gerrard.

• Upvote 3

I know it's easy to blame Rodgers but surely some players need tough love. All we've seen from him on the subject of Sterling is praise heaped on praise and smothering him with love. He's a greedy little shit with a fucking cunt of an agent and he should have called him out a year ago before it got to this.

There's no way back now which is unfortunate because the kid will in all likelihood turn out to be a top player and because it makes us look like complete fucking amateurs , again .

We don't know what's gone on behind the scenes but at face value Sterling has been a Rodgers success story.

Let's not forget Sterling was taking a lot of shit after he broke into the team, he was put into a system which seemed to suit him and had a six month purple patch.

He was shite before and he's been shite since, he looks like a world beater compared to the rest of the dross but then this pile of shite is so bad I'd happily have Dirk Kuyt back as captain.

I don't think this is ewt to do with the club, I think he just wants to go for whatever reason. He's obviously got form for it, as we ourselves have obviously benefitted from that fact.