You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Fuck me! So what is the £100k offer based on you mad cunt?

Sorry about dropping that c bomb mate. Was out of order and uncalled for. I'm blaming the hangover I have from a work do last night.

Sorry mate.

• Upvote 3

What are you blabbing about now? You suggest sterling deserved a huge increase at the end of last season because he played well in 12 or so games. Why werent you campaigning for henderson, coutinho and others to get a huge increase at the end of last season then?

Henderson has only just agreed a new deal, Coutinho ealrier on.

Henderson & Coutinho new contracts on the back of last season.

Sterling negotiations only opened in October after being behind Suarez & Sturridge our best player last season.

It's not a difficult concept to grasp it's what we used to do and what we did with other players this season but not Sterling despite him being one of our best players.

I think there's enough blame to go round.

Sterling and Ward have acted like prize bellends.

Rodgers should never have opened his mouth about the contract offer.

The club should have opened negotiations as soon as he started topping numerous metrics as one of the best youngsters in Europe.

The last part is where it all stems from though. Spurs have done the right thing with Kane, he signed a new deal last August, scored about fifteen goals and six months later they looked to tie him down even further. It looks like they might do the same at the end of the season too.

Very few teams are willing to let players leave on a free, so waiting until nearer 24 months means any wantaway player really only has 12 months before the club's hand is forced.

• Upvote 3

I think there's enough blame to go round.

Sterling and Ward have acted like prize bellends.

Rodgers should never have opened his mouth about the contract offer.

The club should have opened negotiations as soon as he started topping numerous metrics as one of the best youngsters in Europe.

The last part is where it all stems from though. Spurs have done the right thing with Kane, he signed a new deal last August, scored about fifteen goals and six months later they looked to tie him down even further. It looks like they might do the same at the end of the season too.

Very few teams are willing to let players leave on a free, so waiting until nearer 24 months means any wantaway player really only has 12 months before the club's hand is forced.

I'd say that's a reasonable assessment. If a £40m offer comes in I'd take it. I'd rather have the money to purchase players and a potentially disruptive influence out of the club. I also don't think Sterling would knuckle down and get on with his game like Suarez did.

I'd say that's a reasonable assessment. If a £40m offer comes in I'd take it. I'd rather have the money to purchase players and a potentially disruptive influence out of the club. I also don't think Sterling would knuckle down and get on with his game like Suarez did.

I'm of a similar view now. He doesn't have the mindset to leave everything behind when he's on the pitch like Suarez. A half arsed Sterling for two years isn't going to do us much good.

However, I just get this nagging feeling that the managerial situation could have a bearing on whether he leaves this summer or not.

I'm of a similar view now. He doesn't have the mindset to leave everything behind when he's on the pitch like Suarez. A half arsed Sterling for two years isn't going to do us much good.

However, I just get this nagging feeling that the managerial situation could have a bearing on whether he leaves this summer or not.

I'm 99.9% sure Rodgers will still be here next season.

You seem to be missing your own point here. You think Sterling should have signed £100k, yet can't see if we had acted promotly we could have got him for less, in fact fuck the less bit, we would have got him full stop.

If the club see his worth at £100k after a run of bad form, why not £80k after a great run of form. Why wait till mid season?

Fuck me! So what is the £100k offer based on you mad cunt?

If anyone's a mad cunt its blerts like you. Where have I said or suggested I think he should have signed for 100k? I dont even think he's fucking worth that. What is it sterling said? Something about it 'not being about money'?

Wake up and smell the coffee.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Neither club or player will come out of this looking good in my opinion.

He shouldnt be on £30+ grand a week. That should have been sorted ages ago. He has probably already lost out on oer £2 Million in wages so i dont buy the greedy line either.

On the other hand the way his agent has conducted his business has also left a lot to be desired. There are ways to engineer what you and your client want. I also wonder if he was trying to get a clause inserted into this new contract and the club wouldnt agree to it.

Either way, im sick of this happening nearly every summer, and players and the club in PR wars trying to come out looking the innocent party.

The club definetly needs to address the way they organise contract talks and the process, because its embarassing.

I'm not condoning the way Sterling and his agent have acted in any way, shape or form here. I'm really pissed off with both of them. But...Looking at the other side of it, perhaps Raheem has looked at Arsenals, Utd's, City's and Chelsea's squads, Looked at who they have already have. Looked at who they are all linked with signing. Then looked at the state of our squad. Seen Gerrard and Suarez leave and then heard who we've been linked with this summer and thought "fuck that, I need to be surrounded by better players in order for me to develop. Instead of being expected to carry an average team at my age, week in week out."

So like I said I'm not trying to stick up for him. I just think we haven't helped ourselves at all with the transfer policy we have at the club.

The annual exodus of our best talent has certainly had a corrosive effect on those left.

It's not just the exit of our best players.  It's the fact that we replace them with dross. 

Neither party has covered themselves in glory here, but what happened to the days when our shit was dealt with behind closed doors ? 

"Raheem son, stay here and win trophies.  Now we've got rid of Suarez and Gerrard, I've just got to get you settled in a system with Lambert & Balotelli.  Europe will tremble in its boots."

It's not just the exit of our best players.  It's the fact that we replace them with dross. 

Neither party has covered themselves in glory here, but what happened to the days when our shit was dealt with behind closed doors ? 

"Raheem son, stay here and win trophies.  Now we've got rid of Suarez and Gerrard, I've just got to get you settled in a system with Lambert & Balotelli.  Europe will tremble in its boots."

Was thinking this over my brekkie this morning (hmmmm, crispy bread bacon butts  with tomato ketchup!!) and how it used to be.

We only heard something when it was done and dusted but, that's not possible today. Now we have instant news, manager's press conferences, twatter, facebook, instagram and forums.

Everyone wants the latest news now. And I dont except myself from this.

The truth is we want to know what's going on at the club and there's no way the genie can be put back in the bottle (wouldnt mind having a go with Barbara Eden from I dream of genie, though!).

Hmmmmm....

Not sure this will be what everyone wants to see:

Tony BarrettVerifisert konto

‏@TonyBarretTimes

Rodgers: "Raheem will be available for selection. My relationship with him hasn't been affected at all."

Hmmmmm....

Not sure this will be what everyone wants to see:

Tony BarrettVerifisert konto

‏@TonyBarretTimes

Rodgers: "Raheem will be available for selection. My relationship with him hasn't been affected at all."

other quotes from the pc show brendan is keeping schtum about what was or wasnt said before chelsea game. everything should be done behind closed doors and they ll keep negotiating over the summer.

seemed like he was trying to protect sterling.

Brendan Rodgers has reiterated that Raheem Sterling is going nowhere – despite hisagent's attempts to secure a move away from Liverpool.

The Reds boss refused to be drawn on Aidy Ward's claims that Sterling wouldn't sign a new contract even if the club offered him “£900,000 per week”.

However, Rodgers confirmed that Liverpool's stance is unchanged and they have no intention of selling the young England international, who still has two years to run on his current deal.

"It’s very difficult to comment on what other people speak about," Rodgers said.

"We have always been clear. It will always be dealt with internally.

"We look to do thing privately. The concentration for myself is to continue to improve Raheem as a footballer.

"Whether there are talks or not, he has two years left and I expect him to be here. It is quite simple.

"The ownership have shown their strength in their time here. They have done an incredible job to stabilise the club.

"In this situation, they will show that strength and power to the club. The simple fact is Raheem has two years left on his contract."

VIEW GALLERY

Rodgers refused to confirm whether Sterling would feature in Sunday's final game of the season away to Stoke City.

And the Reds boss wouldn't be drawn on whether Sterling had told him before the recent league game with Chelsea that he wanted to seek a transfer.

"What he said and didn’t say will remain private," Rodgers added.

"Whatever conversation I have had with a player will remain private. I am not going to sit here and reveal what went on.

"I don’t see Raheem being unhappy. His representative made it very clear he wanted to speak at the end of the season.

"I’m sure talks will take place over the summer

"If he is fit, which he is at the moment, then he will be available for selection on Sunday.

"My relationship with him has not been affected.

"We have given Raheem an opportunity to play for one of the greatest clubs in the world.

"We want to resolve the situation but it does not change my approach to him. He is a good kid who has matured over the last few years.

"If he starts or doesn’t start, he will get the support from the fans."