You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Maybe Sterling's just a greedy little twat who thinks he is better ie worth more than he really is? If that's the case, then all other factors are more or less irrelevant by comparison. Kind of like once a ball pitches outside leg stump, there's no need to check if it was hit or missing the stumps, etc.

I'm watching the cricket right now.

Maybe Sterling's just a greedy little twat who thinks he is better ie worth more than he really is? If that's the case, then all other factors are more or less irrelevant by comparison. Kind of like once a ball pitches outside leg stump, there's no need to check if it was hit or missing the stumps, etc.

I'm watching the cricket right now.

No it's mainly because Brendan has a new missus

Posting articles by Gary Neville irrespective of relevance or validity is a treacherous act that cannot go unopposed.

This thread needs closing immediately. Start a new one by all means, but this one is beyond repair  

Posting articles by Gary Neville irrespective of relevance or validity is a treacherous act that cannot go unopposed.

This thread needs closing immediately. Start a new one by all means, but this one is beyond repair  

The equivalent of dropping a large runny turd on the dinner table.

I think the worst thing about the Sterling thing for me isnt really him or his agent but the fact our fall from grace now feels very real. We have no ambition beyond profit margins. A 20 year old who is a good player now sees us as beneath him and the message the club sends and has done for a few years is.. he is probably right. You wont have success here, we exist to give young players a pedestal, so ambitious teams can have a gander. A sweet shop for the big boys that's until we run out of sweets.

Nothing at all at this club says we want to be successful. The club expresses itself like a fading 50s movie star "tell me I'm still beautiful... I used to be a star".

Not that there is no blame at Sterlings door because there is, its just we seem so amateur with how we deal with everything, its always a fucking public saga, id be embarrassed if it was my company. 

• Upvote 5

The main sales pitch to Sterling seems to be "stay here, you'll play every week and it help your development before you're ready for bigger and better things in a couple of years"

Bollocks to what's best for his development, I'd rather take £50m now and let him turn into Shaun Wright-Phillips, Adam Johnson or Scott Sinclair.

• Upvote 5

The main sales pitch to Sterling seems to be "stay here, you'll play every week and it help your development 

Seen this in a number of places re promising young players and our attraction.

TBH wouldn't training everyday with Barcelona be better for that than slogging out 0-0's in a shapeless side to the bottom feeders in the EPL.

• Upvote 3

Yeah let's face it if we get anything north of 30m we will be laughing, 16 months ago the jury was well and truly out on the fucker the hype machine went into overdrive following a couple of decent performances for engerland

Let's stow this Gary Neville patter here and now.

_41248050_nevile2_action_270.jpg

It's not trendy to be seen to rise above football rivalry and say he's a good pundit, he's not, plus he's a human rat. Fuck him, his brother and his weird dad, bunch of Bury cunts.

• Upvote 3

Let's stow this Gary Neville patter here and now.

_41248050_nevile2_action_270.jpg

It's not trendy to be seen to rise above football rivalry and say he's a good pundit, he's not, plus he's a human rat. Fuck him, his brother and his weird dad, bunch of Bury cunts.

Genuine question, why isn't he a good pundit?

Yeah let's face it if we get anything north of 30m we will be laughing, 16 months ago the jury was well and truly out on the fucker the hype machine went into overdrive following a couple of decent performances for engerland

We won't be laughing, we'll blow it on a load of turd.

It's really quite sad what a fucking soap opera we have turned into.  It's every Summer this shit is happening now and next year it will be Coutinho probably.

A more important question is why are we dicking around with player contracts and trying to do it all on the cheap?  You could say these recurring contract problems are all our own doing.

Whatever you think of him, Sterling should have been given his pay rise at the end of last season, whether or not you or I think he's worth the money is about as irrelevant as his age, the fact is he was and is a first team regular in a top 4 Premier League team (as least he was before this season) £35k a week is a bit of a piss take for somebody playing at that level week in week out.

The more this develops I'm just getting more and more frustrated with FSG.  Some on here have called BR nothing but a charlatan and bullshitter but my worry is that it goes much higher than that.

FSG still need to show that they have the ambition to turn Liverpool into winners again, so far they have not and I don't really think they have the stomach for it either.  Don't get me wrong they are a safe pair of hands compared to many of the clowns running football clubs these days but is there much more to come?  

They have already admitted that they can't compete without FFP and now that looks to be on the way out.

Sorry but that's warped logic. Why should Sterling have been given a huge increase on his contract at the end of last season just because he played well in 12 or so games?

And presumably, you think every member of that team should also have had big increases on their contracts seeing as they were instrumental in the overall effort and were 'regulars in a top 4 team'?

Or are you saying Sterling is a special case for some obscure reason while his teammates are not?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sorry but that's warped logic. Why should Sterling have been given a huge increase on his contract at the end of last season just because he played well in 12 or so games?

And presumably, you think every member of that team should also have had big increases on their contracts seeing as they were instrumental in the overall effort and were 'regulars in a top 4 team'?

Or are you saying Sterling is a special case for some obscure reason while his teammates are not?

He should have been on more than £30 grand a week, bearing in mind how he had progressed and the fact he was getting regular starts for England.

Should have been offered £60- 70 grand a week at the end of last season and at further points that would have been reviewed.

And im saying this as one of Sterling's biggest critics and someone who thinks he is overrated.

Dont forget Rodgers called him the best young player in Europe. Made a rod for his own back with that statement.

• Upvote 2

Seen this in a number of places re promising young players and our attraction.

TBH wouldn't training everyday with Barcelona be better for that than slogging out 0-0's in a shapeless side to the bottom feeders in the EPL.

Ok, but you're forgetting the Great Adventure part, which always appeals to kids.