You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2014

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/spl/hi/football/06/worldcup/pdf/wallchart.pdf

here you go Lutz, 

Even though i will be supporting them I think England will be home after 3 matches. Think Italy might win it but would like to see Uruguay or Chile.

LuRtz mate but cheers for that. Couldn't get that BBC pdf to download on my work laptop earlier but I'll email it to myself.

I want England to do well for three reasons:

1. I am English

2. I hope Gerrard and the rest of the LFC boys have a really good tournament as it will give them confidence for the challenges they will face next season

3. I don't want Woy to get the sack because I am sure the FA would be directing more than a casual glance in the direction of a certain Mr Rodgers. While I don't think he would go (but I'm not certain) we could do without that sort of speculation because it may become a problem in the transfer market while players wait to see if he stays or goes.

Can anybody find a better team of players not included in their country's world cup squad than this?

Diego Alves 

Rafinha

Marquinhos

Miranda 

Felipe Luis

Sandro

Lucas

Kaka

Coutinho

Lucas Moura

Ronaldinho

I'm gonna have a go. England B First XI.

Ruddy

Flanagan

Caulker

Curtis Davies

Ashley Cole

Carrick

Barry

Cleverley

Milner

Lennon

Carroll

Not quite as good.

Note: I know England squad isn't finalised, but it won't be too far off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/spl/hi/football/06/worldcup/pdf/wallchart.pdf

here you go Lutz, 

Even though i will be supporting them I think England will be home after 3 matches. Think Italy might win it but would like to see Uruguay or Chile.

Note to self: Read the fucking date on the wallchart before spreading rep as a thank you.

I want England to do well for three reasons:

1. I am English

2. I hope Gerrard and the rest of the LFC boys have a really good tournament as it will give them confidence for the challenges they will face next season

3. I don't want Woy to get the sack because I am sure the FA would be directing more than a casual glance in the direction of a certain Mr Rodgers. While I don't think he would go (but I'm not certain) we could do without that sort of speculation because it may become a problem in the transfer market while players wait to see if he stays or goes.

Its a fair point about Rodgers being in the frame when Woy fucks off.

Lots of non-reds I know are already banging on about wanting him in the job.. Not in an anti Liverpool way but because they want England to succeed.

I think we can discount this current team under a fucking inept joke of a manager doing well in Brasil but I can see the the vacancy that is likely to arise afterwards being an issue for us.  FSG need to get Brendan tied down quickly . I doubt he would go this time either but if he continues to do well its got to be on the cards at some point I suppose.

Yep. It's hardly the glamour job the media portray it as. Its basically the impossible riddle, you cant possibly win.

Oh and the fact he's Irish could mean he has absolutely no interest in it whatsoever, and why would he?

I want our players back safe and sound first and foremost. I don't actually care if they don't get called up for it, although a big part of me would love Stevie or Luis to go all the way.

I wouldn't mind Holland going far so van gaal can be kept away from Manchester and they can have another shit pre season.

Was just thinking about this.

Besides me wanting Messi to confirm he's the greatest player ever by winning it, and Luis to tear Gary Cahill et al a new one, I actually reckon Henderson is gonna be unbelieveable...if that fucking mong plays him!

He'll be one of the few players that won't fade in the heat and should be relatively fresh after having the last few weeks off. Plus he'll be on a major high after winning the league!

I'm gonna have a go. England B First XI.

Ruddy

Flanagan

Caulker

Curtis Davies

Ashley Cole

Carrick

Barry

Cleverley

Milner

Lennon

Carroll

Not quite as good.

:lol:

That team would not be far off relegation in the league.

Why would Rodgers want the England job? 

A 100% pay rise?

To enhance his personal profile?

Free seat at any PL fixture he fancies?

So that he can pull better looking birds? (or at least one's that don't have a cock)

I think Rodgers may be a very ambitious man. Whether that ambitiion extends beyond managing LFC only time will tell. 

A 100% pay rise?

To enhance his personal profile?

Free seat at any PL fixture he fancies?

So that he can pull better looking birds? (or at least one's that don't have a cock)

I think Rodgers may be a very ambitious man. Whether that ambitiion extends beyond managing LFC only time will tell.

He's about to get a pay-rise.

Who enhances their profile with England?

He's at Liverpool, only Hodgson thought England was better than managing us and he was so shite he never got to make the choice before we binned him.

He's not English, therefore why the actual fuck would he care?

• Upvote 2

I'd love to see Argentina win it in Brazil. Uruguay would be nice too, but that's not gonna happen.

As for England, I could have supported them but as I'm a) not English and b) not very amused by their dimwit manager it's a no. I hope our lads do well though.

• Upvote 1

I'd love to see Argentina win it in Brazil. Uruguay would be nice too, but that's not gonna happen.

As for England, I could have supported them but as I'm a) not English and B) not very amused by their dimwit manager it's a no. I hope our lads do well though.

... and fair enough too, the only  thing worse than a Welshman (assuming you are) supporting Ingurland is an Irish one managing them.

As for England, I could have supported them but as I'm a) not English and B) not very amused by their dimwit manager it's a no. I hope our lads do well though.

Fuck off, I'm putting $100 down on them parlayed with Luis being the top scorer.

As far as England goes I hope Hodgson keeps ours off the field as much as possible. Of course Stevie will play 90 minutes every match as he's the captain and the owl is a cunt but the I hope rest of ours get a nice and easy vacation in Brazil.