You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kiev Kick Offs

Section_31

What the fuck is a Zionist?

A nationalist movement that's created all types of shit basically. (many who speak out about it are labelled anti-semites, it's one of their main phony efforts at trying to make people fear speaking about it.)

When you are on the ground in Palestine, you can see Zionism physically imprinted on the landscape. Not only can you see that there are settlements, built on land confiscated from Palestinians, where Palestinians may not live. Not only can you see roads in the occupied territories, again built on land taken from Palestinians, where Palestinians may not drive. Not only can you observe that water in the occupied territories is allocated, by Israeli governmental authorities, so inequitably that Israeli settlers are allocated five times the amount per capita as are Palestinians and, in periods of drought, Palestinians stand in line for drinking water while Israeli settlements enjoy lush gardens and swimming pools. Not only can you stand and watch as Israeli bulldozers flatten Palestinian olive groves and other agricultural land, destroy Palestinian wells, and demolish Palestinian homes to make way for the separation wall that Israel is constructing across the length and breadth of the West Bank. The wall fences off Palestinians from Israelis, supposedly to provide greater security for Israelis but in fact in order to cage Palestinians, to define a border for Israel that will exclude a maximum number of Palestinians.

But, if this is not enough to demonstrate the inherent racism of Israel’s occupation, you can also drive through Palestinian towns and Palestinian neighborhoods in and near Jerusalem and see what is perhaps the most cruelly racist policy in Zionism’s arsenal: house demolitions, the preeminent symbol of Zionism’s drive to maintain Jewish predominance. Virtually every street has a house or houses reduced to rubble, one floor pancaked onto another or simply a pile of broken concrete bulldozed into an incoherent heap. Jeff Halper, founder and head of the non-governmental Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD), an anthropologist and scholar of the occupation, has observed that Zionist and Israeli leaders going back 80 years have all conveyed what he calls "The Message" to Palestinians. The Message, Halper says, is "Submit. Only when you abandon your dreams for an independent state of your own, and accept that Palestine has become the Land of Israel, will we relent [i.e., stop attacking Palestinians]." The deeper meaning of The Message, as carried by the bulldozers so ubiquitous in targeted Palestinian neighborhoods today, is that "You [Palestinians] do not belong here. We uprooted you from your homes in 1948 and now we will uproot you from all of the Land of Israel."

http://www.counterpunch.org/2003/11/05/zionism-as-racist-ideology/

This just made me laugh too, thought I'd share it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzyf2zpqBMo

And no, I'm not "anti-Israel" either, before any of you start. It would be nice for the Palestinians to have some of their own country though without being oppressed. Like I said, this whole thing can easily drift off from the scope of this thread. Hopefully it can be left now. That's unless anyone wants to tie Zionist activity directly to the Ukraine/Crimea/Russia issue of course, which probably wouldn't be that hard but might take a bit of research and fact-checking first.

edit - one more link for you then I'll leave it : http://mondoweiss.net/2014/02/israel-lobby-aipac.html

Listening to Martin Sixsmith's history of Russia recently and Kiev has always been an important part of Russki history, the Crimea doubly so. This is bound to have a bearing on any Russian response to the west being in any way involved and of course Obama et al know this yet the propaganda is unlikely to mention it. Putin is a cunt but whoever held power in Russia would have to get involved in a big way. First coffee so slightly incoherent here.

I still don't see what the problem is? It's akin to the people of the North of Ireland voting in unison to leave the UK and rejoin the rest of Ireland. Russia obviously didn't plan for this to happen, didn't take Crimea by force, have long standing cultural and historical ties to Crimea, and gave the people of Crimea a choice in a referendum.

If they decide to try to capture eastern Ukraine then that's a different matter entirely.

Here's Svoboda for you.

Svoboda MP Igor Miroshnichenko with the help of party ideologist Andrey Ilyenko yelled, abused and beat interim head of Ukraine's National TV Aleksandr Panteleymonov, accusing the channel of being 'anti-Ukrainian' and bullying the executive into writing a resignation letter. The MP claims to represent the new Freedom and Information committee of Ukraine.

It's still all Putin's fault though. Here's to "peace" and "prosperity" for the Ukraine.

I still don't see what the problem is? It's akin to the people of the North of Ireland voting in unison to leave the UK and rejoin the rest of Ireland. Russia obviously didn't plan for this to happen, didn't take Crimea by force, have long standing cultural and historical ties to Crimea, and gave the people of Crimea a choice in a referendum.

If they decide to try to capture eastern Ukraine then that's a different matter entirely.

It isn't that simple, though. Crimea was emptied by Stalin and filled with Russians, making the whole concept of rejoining very loaded. Those Tatars that came back to Crimea after the fall of the Soviet Union don't want to go back.

There is nothing on this earth sexier, believe me, gentlemen, than a woman you have to salute in the morning. Promote 'em all, I say, 'cause this is true: if you haven't gotten a blowjob from a superior officer, well, you're just letting the best in life pass you by. 

• Upvote 2