You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

Loved Motson, simply because we were always winning.

Brian Moore, Hugh Jones and Gerald Sinstadt were all ace in the 70s.

Barry Davies was great - especially when he went from phlegmatic to excited...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wk34X94Whk

No mention for David Coleman?  He was the king of the 70s commentators for me... "Toshack... Keegan...one nil!"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I watched the game with my mate on his Sky and I have to say that Gary Neville was surprisingly good. Much better than Carragher for me.

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd rather listen to Neville than Carra commenting on one of our games.  

I cannot stand either of them. It pees me off having to watch game with the sound off but I usually end up doing that. Tyler's mournful drone, Neville's horrible manc monologues and Carra's neurotic helium-high wittering are just too much. Then there's first reserve, Alan Smith, who sounds liike he's just had to put his dog down and he blames LFC for it. An absolute shower the lot of them.

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I cannot stand either of them. It pees me off having to watch game with the sound off but I usually end up doing that. Tyler's mournful drone, Neville's horrible manc monologues and Carra's neurotic helium-high wittering are just too much. Then there's first reserve, Alan Smith, who sounds liike he's just had to put his dog down and he blames LFC for it. An absolute shower the lot of them.

Outstanding.  That is him to a tee.

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I watched the game with my mate on his Sky and I have to say that Gary Neville was surprisingly good. Much better than Carragher for me.

I agree Carragher is awful but Neville was far from very good. He was squeeling like a child every chance Chelsea got and went against us on pretty much every decision including Matip's disallowed goal. He's a rat, along with his mate Tyler.

• Upvote 4

I dont get all the pundits. They're all gobbing off about Abramovich being Putin's mate and the Ukraine situation and in the next breath, falling over themselves to say chelsea were some how hard done to over their disallowed goals? Fuck off, you gobshites, hope cascarino is choking on his weetabix.

Fuck me, we were royally shafted over Matip's goal, no one is convincing me Virgil was fouling James on that ball that sailed over both their heads. I dont hear any pundits saying we were fucking done over that.

And once again, late offside flags made it look like chelsea 'scored' goals just like against Leeds, they made it look like they created real chances from offside positions. I also noted kelleher nearly got clattered on the head when one offside was called very late yesterday.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont get all the pundits. They're all gobbing off about Abramovich being Putin's mate and the Ukraine situation and in the next breath, falling over themselves to say chelsea were some how hard done to over their disallowed goals? Fuck off, you gobshites, hope cascarino is choking on his weetabix.

Fuck me, we were royally shafted over Matip's goal, no one is convincing me Virgil was fouling James on that ball that sailed over both their heads. I dont hear any pundits saying we were fucking done over that.

And once again, late offside flags made it look like chelsea 'scored' goals just like against Leeds, they made it look like they created real chances from offside positions. I also noted kelleher nearly got clattered on the head when one offside was called very late yesterday.

To be fair, it does not need for it to be a foul by Van Dijk. He was offside so the decision to make is whether he impeded James's run and therefore interfered with play from an offside position. He probably did but its a wank of a rule. 

Totally agree on the narrative of the game because of "goals" or "attempts on goal" by Chelsea when they were quite clearly offside and that tactic is a foundation of how we defend.

The narrative should be the great defensive line by Liverpool again, rather than Chelsea repeatedly carved Liverpool open and were very unlucky with offside calls. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2022 at 11:31, aws said:

The only one I actually like is McCoist. 

Let’s be honest, this is only cause he spends 90 mins praising us.  He chats absolute shite just like the rest of them.

Clearly a Liverpool and Rangers fan and doesn’t try to hide it.

Fucking Glen hoddle was different level shit yesterday. Some of the shite he was coming out with was unbelievable. He's just completely unable to hide his desire for us to lose. BT for our 2 games this week have been a fucking disgrace. That line up they had in the studio for the inter game was maybe the worst I have ever heard in my life. Their defending of Sanchez was like they've never watched football. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, J-V said:

All said it was a red

And then they moved straight on. It's depressing that they all seem just resigned to crap decisions these days. You now get real mouth-droppingly shocking decisions and it's just shrugged away. Some ref today said of the keeper's attack on Diaz, 'It was reckless but not dangerous'. Great. Thanks for that. A useful phrase if anyone decides to drink and drive. 'It was reckless but not dangerous, hofficer, hic!' We're at that stage where complete gibberish from 'officials' gets accepted as normal. So basically football is now on a par with 'Today in Parliament'.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

And then they moved straight on. It's depressing that they all seem just resigned to crap decisions these days. You now get real mouth-droppingly shocking decisions and it's just shrugged away. Some ref today said of the keeper's attack on Diaz, 'It was reckless but not dangerous'. Great. Thanks for that. A useful phrase if anyone decides to drink and drive. 'It was reckless but not dangerous, hofficer, hic!' We're at that stage where complete gibberish from 'officials' gets accepted as normal. So basically football is now on a par with 'Today in Parliament'.

The depressing thing was it came from Chris Foy who is one of the trainers at PGMOL so yet another level of bullshit and arse-covering.