You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky Offer

Funny how people are so sceptical about this. I have the 25% off deal and it expires at end of May. I'm definitely hitting them for 50% off this time and waiting it out. But I've told a few mates about this, all you have to do is ring them up I say, and they think I'm talking bollocks like. Their loss, of course, but can't understand why people don't ring and pay less

Funny how people are so sceptical about this. I have the 25% off deal and it expires at end of May. I'm definitely hitting them for 50% off this time and waiting it out. But I've told a few mates about this, all you have to do is ring them up I say, and they think I'm talking bollocks like. Their loss, of course, but can't understand why people don't ring and pay less

Same. What have you got to lose, is my view but you will be well aware of the difficulties I've had to persuade Mr C even to pick up the phone. Having cancelled it his words to me were, 'on your head be it'.

I just hope they call back quick as I didnt think they'd wear replacing a broken box at the same time as accepting our cancellation!

I got my wife to phone up and cancel citing reasons of cost and we'd been offered a great deal from BT vision.

They haven't called yet but have written to us saying call us and we'll do anything we can to retain us. Do you think we should call? Or wait?

I got my wife to phone up and cancel citing reasons of cost and we'd been offered a great deal from BT vision.

They haven't called yet but have written to us saying call us and we'll do anything we can to retain us. Do you think we should call? Or wait?

Wait or they probably wont offer you anything. Good things come to those who wait. (But not the type who work in the service industry.)

Only, if you've followed the weary tale, he hadnt!

However, I didnt give up and a week ago he finally did cancel (I've seen the paperwork)

A week in and he's getting twitchy already............it'd better be worth it

Never knew about this' date=' i'll give it a try tomorrow. Been with them for years (fuck knows why) so I'd better get something. Has anybody been unlucky and not gotten a follow up?[/quote']

I rang to cancel, (I genuinely wanted to mind) when the gimp asked why, I told him the amount i watched it wasn't worth the £100ish a month. They never rang me back but 2 days before the contract was due to end I checked my last bill online & noticed they'd made a booboo.

I rang them to get it sorted (they owed me money) & was offered 1/2 price for 6 months.

I get letters every week from them asking me to come back,50% off for a year.If the same offer is there in December when my Virgin contract is up and the sky deal is only 12-18months I may well take them up on the offer.I was planning getting cut off completely barring my Internet but £25 for Internet or £50 for everything if would be silly not to.

Well I am leaving Sky on the 17th April. I leave their Tv service. I will keep phone and broadband until I find a better deal.

I tried the whole maintain the good deal thing and they just annoyed me so much that I do not want to deal with them again

Well I am leaving Sky on the 17th April. I leave their Tv service. I will keep phone and broadband until I find a better deal.

I tried the whole maintain the good deal thing and they just annoyed me so much that I do not want to deal with them again

I've just gone with talk talk for phone and Internet, pretty good deal. Check their site out la.

The in-laws received a letter a fornight ago, stating their bill was going up to £93 a month. I rang up and said they wanted to cancel, and was informed the best offed he could give me was £7.50 off a month. After rejecting this palrty 'offer', I was informed that to terminate the contract, there would be a £80 cancellation fee. I Argued that after 12 years of being with sky, it was a tad insulting to have to pay this, yet he remained unmoved. Therefore, I re-itirated their desire to cancel.

Yesterday, we received a call from the retentions team. The bloke immediately offered me 12 months half price on the exact deal they currently have. I said we'd have to think about it, as we were still annoyed that after 12 years we had to pay a £80 cancellation fee. He said he would speak to his manager, and came back within 30 seconds and offered TV & Broadband free for the following 6 months and that they would only be required to pay for the phone-line (£15 a month). This was also a non-contract offer and could be cancelled anytime. He said to ring back in 5 months and see what deals are going and if none suit, just to cancel.

Deadline's Friday. He's going to cave

And maybe there is a God, my lovelies. A letter has arrived from Sky addressed to him but the envelope says Stay with us a get 6 months half price. Yeehaa. Last night he was saying he was going to call them to withdraw the cancellation because our current deal is such great value anyway