You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We have a mobile forward with great ball control who can play teammates in but isn't the best finisher and another one who is an out and out striker, far less likely to make a creative contribution to our attacking play. The logic in playing the Suazrez through the middle and Borini out wide completely escapes me, I mean did anyone think that we'd bought Borini to set up like this?

Swapping them seems obvious, and would give Borini a fairer crack of the whip than he's getting at the moment.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our only hope is to change the shape of the team AND use our £12 million striker as an actual striker.Its also no surprise when you play a right footer on the left and the left footer on the right,you are supposed to mix it up a bit too.

Its noble to want to play a certain way but if its not working or more likely,you havent got the players to do it then you have to change things.

If this keeps up and Rodgers gets the boot I hope the pay off comes out of FSGs pocket. The majority never wanted him anyway. Can see why Andy and Spearing wanted loan deals. They'll be back at LFC under a new manager come Summer 2013. No goals in open play yet. Dog shit team. No balls. A team that needs rebuilding should not have been handed to a rookie.

Thank fuck for that. We'll be much better off with those 2 in the squad, like we were last season...

I really really hate referees.

It's not referee's fault that we're a fucking load of shite. But it's tradition to blame the ref every time we don't win a game so carry on.

To think that Kenny lost his job partly because he was defending this buck toothed primadonna is fucking sickening.

So because he's had a few games where his finishing has been shite he shouldn't have been defended against totally blag allegations of racism?

You fucking übercunt.

Borini has to start at CF.

We're putting too much onto Stirling's shoulders, and in view of Downing acquiting himself reasonably well, I think starting him on the right, with Luis on the left, just takes the pressure off Stirling, as a rotation, but Borini HAS to start at CF.

I'd actually drop Reina for the next game, and SG is walking a fine line as well. Shelvey showed more courage, determination and creativity than the skipper, and maybe should replace him for a game, but who would wear the armband? Carra?

There's a lot to sort out. We kept up the momentum even after going a goal down, but the second half was like some parallel universe. God help us. Oh that's right, I'm an Atheist.

Pongo was one of my favourite players. He'd be smashing in our new system if we could get him back.

Anyone for 442?

----------------Jones---------------

Johnson---Agger--Skrtel---Enrique

Sterling---Allen----Shelvey---Assaidi

-----------Morgan--Borini------------

We'd the have a bench with players like Sahin, Gerrard, Suarez, Downing, Coates, Reina, +1

We haven't got the players for a 433, it's about time Rodgers gave that up for this season, you're not kidding anyone lad.

Borini has to start at CF.

We're putting too much onto Stirling's shoulders, and in view of Downing acquiting himself reasonably well, I think starting him on the right, with Luis on the left, just takes the pressure off Stirling, as a rotation, but Borini HAS to start at CF.

I'd actually drop Reina for the next game, and SG is walking a fine line as well. Shelvey showed more courage, determination and creativity than the skipper, and maybe should replace him for a game, but who would wear the armband? Carra?

There's a lot to sort out. We kept up the momentum even after going a goal down, but the second half was like some parallel universe. God help us. Oh that's right, I'm an Atheist.

Pongo was one of my favourite players. He'd be smashing in our new system if we could get him back.

Agger or Skrtel would be realistic candidates.

I hate to admit it, but I'm starting to agree with the idea of giving Reina a slap out of complacency.

Can't believe some 'fans' having a go at Rodgers. It was always going to ba a tough start to the season & yet some pricks are talking about his successor already. I really fuckin hate the modern Liverpool fan. Fuck off

That's more than a bit self righteous, but it is insane that people are having a go at BR. Rafa was my first choice for the job, but I think Rodgers deserves his chance and he definitely deserves our support.

When they changed the rules to allow extra subs, was there a condition that said you must name 3 CH's on your bench AT HOME !!!!!

FFS ...

As we failed to bring in a new striker one of Yesil or Morgan should be on the bench each game ... no excuse ... they will benefit from it and get them game time in Europe too as much as possible.. we may just find a player ..one who takes to it

Can't believe some 'fans' having a go at Rodgers. It was always going to ba a tough start to the season & yet some pricks are talking about his successor already. I really fuckin hate the modern Liverpool fan. Fuck off
Why was such a school boy error in managerial terms allow to happen with Andy allowed to go out and he will be a revelation at West Ham and no striker lined up. We are going to struggle with that side. Saurez is not prolific as much as agreat player the lad is. Sunderland away and then mancs at home next...we need a miracle to get 6 points. I am not negative but am a realist! :wallbutt:

Only two players put in a performance - Sterling and Allen.

Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Shelvey and Downing were all average.

Reina, Gerrard, Suarez, Borini, Johnson and Sahin were all poor.

Very disappointed in Sahin after all the hype about him - looked like another prima donna midfield stroller. I can see why he isn't getting a game at Madrid. He will need to put in a lot more effort just to get a place on the bench. Didn't see anything to suggest he isn't just another Henderson.

Gerrard and Suarez looked off the pace to me. Particularly Gerrard. If i was Rodgers, i would probably have just risked exiting the Europa on Thursday.

I'm not sure if Rodgers has experience at managing a team playing in Europe or not, but I agree that it's asking a shitload of Gerrard to play so much. Suarez too just seemed to be lacking in concentration.

Wow. I'm going to enjoy watching Rodgers turn this around. Or not, as the case may be.

Early days, but it's harder to put a good run together from an L-D-L. If we go from L-D-L to L-D-L-L, well oil beef hooked.

How DARE they play that bunch of shite on Shank's birthday. Probably turning in his grave.

Anyone for 442?

----------------Jones---------------

Johnson---Agger--Skrtel---Enrique

Sterling---Allen----Shelvey---Assaidi

-----------Morgan--Borini------------

We'd the have a bench with players like Sahin, Gerrard, Suarez, Downing, Coates, Reina, +1

We haven't got the players for a 433, it's about time Rodgers gave that up for this season, you're not kidding anyone lad.

What kind of anencephalic fucking whopper would play that team?

Oh. You. You would.

Only two players put in a performance - Sterling and Allen.

Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Shelvey and Downing were all average.

Reina, Gerrard, Suarez, Borini, Johnson and Sahin were all poor.

Very disappointed in Sahin after all the hype about him - looked like another prima donna midfield stroller. I can see why he isn't getting a game at Madrid. He will need to put in a lot more effort just to get a place on the bench. Didn't see anything to suggest he isn't just another Henderson.

I've got a horrible feeling that in the same way Borini makes Downing look good, Sahin will make Henderson look good.:wow: