You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

After a frustrating mid-week performance it'd be nice to take the positives into the next game, an ever impressive Allen, Gerrard breaking forward well and some youngsters getting game time. Add to this the probably debut of Sahin and the fascinating football we've shown signs of playing we should be able to beat these on Sunday.

As for a team, no one knows how the transfer window will end but from today's point of view I'd go with a team consisting of;

-----------Reina-----------

Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique

--------Sahin-Allen---------

----------Gerrard-----------

Suarez----Borini----Sterling

Bench:GK, Kelly, Carragher, Henderson, Assaidi, Morgan, Downing

Obviously the bench is most likely to change, if a new striker comes in or 2 or more new players I'm expecting Morgan and Downing to be dropped.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a frustrating mid-week performance it'd be nice to take the positives into the next game, an ever impressive Allen, Gerrard breaking forward well and some youngsters getting game time. Add to this the probably debut of Sahin and the fascinating football we've shown signs of playing we should be able to beat these on Sunday.

As for a team, no one knows how the transfer window will end but from today's point of view I'd go with a team consisting of;

Obviously the bench is most likely to change, if a new striker comes in or 2 or more new players I'm expecting Morgan and Downing to be dropped.

Agree but Shelvey would be on the bench.

same starting line up as you

bench depends on any movement, although I think it has to be done by 3!

looking at it that way though its insane if we don't get a striker, I'm happy for Morgan to get a run out now and then like last night and hopefully break through soon but we can't rely on him as our only cover

Agree with you on line up

Agree but Shelvey would be on the bench.

Agree with on inclusion of Jonjo.

He's played 2 games mate, one of which was a 0-3 defeat. Let's not go overboard.

Can't wait for this game. Transfer season over, so we can forget all the madness and focus on the footy.

Arsenal seem to have been infected with our disease from last season, and can't buy a goal. Having said that, we're way too sloppy at the back to keep a clean sheet. Should be interesting !

Stirling should come off the bench as an impact player. He still doesn't have the legs & lungs for a full 90 minutes ( also, in the longer term, I hope Rodgers doesn't push him too much before he is ready)

So I'd start Luis on the left, Borini on the right and try Morgan at centre forward. Morgan looked lost on the right.

Gerrard needs to be pushed up, and with Allen now the boss in midfield, Gerrard is free to roam at will. Sahin should start as well. Hopefully, Agger plays with Skrrtel, with Jamie on the bench. Johnson at right back ahead of Kelly.

If Enrique is fit and starts, then I'd put Downing on the right instead of Borini (or start Borini at CF and put Morgan on the bench). Personally though, I felt that Downing had a very good stint at LB and I'd start him against The Arses in that position, with Enrique on the bench. Choices choices!!! WHO SAID WE HAD NO DEPTH!?!?!?!

Final score:- LIVERPOOL 3 ARSENAL 2

Winning goal by Suarez in front of the Kop in the last ten minutes.

I'd go with those players to start. I think I'd stick with luis through the middle though.

Reina

Shelvey---Allen

--Gerrard--

Borini--Suarez--Sterling

Now that they've lost Song, I think our midfield might be a little stronger. I thought Shelvey did well against Hearts (apart from the odd wayward challenge). Sahin on the bench for me.

Can't wait for this game. Transfer season over, so we can forget all the madness and focus on the footy.

Arsenal seem to have been infected with our disease from last season, and can't buy a goal. Having said that, we're way too sloppy at the back to keep a clean sheet. Should be interesting !

Stirling should come off the bench as an impact player. He still doesn't have the legs & lungs for a full 90 minutes ( also, in the longer term, I hope Rodgers doesn't push him too much before he is ready)

So I'd start Luis on the left, Borini on the right and try Morgan at centre forward. Morgan looked lost on the right.

Gerrard needs to be pushed up, and with Allen now the boss in midfield, Gerrard is free to roam at will. Sahin should start as well. Hopefully, Agger plays with Skrrtel, with Jamie on the bench. Johnson at right back ahead of Kelly.

If Enrique is fit and starts, then I'd put Downing on the right instead of Borini (or start Borini at CF and put Morgan on the bench). Personally though, I felt that Downing had a very good stint at LB and I'd start him against The Arses in that position, with Enrique on the bench. Choices choices!!! WHO SAID WE HAD NO DEPTH!?!?!?!

Final score:- LIVERPOOL 3 ARSENAL 2

Winning goal by Suarez in front of the Kop in the last ten minutes.

Can't see a match-up between Downing and Walcott / Oxtail-Chamberlain ending positively for us.

Hope Sahin starts. Also hope we see Assaidi at some point. Think we'll win fairly comfortably.

This.

Get Assaidi on in place of Sterling who should be on the bench - hes been fucking brilliant but shouldn't be over-exposed while the forwards are all fit. Can come on from the bench.

Can't wait to see Sahin - start 'im.

Downing at left back, please, always knew he'd be brilliant errr somehow, somewhere? :whistle: