You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

We have Arsenal and City away before hosting West Brom at home in our next 3 league fixtures. Spurs have Norwich and West Brom away before playing Newcastle at home. I'd expect them to be at least 10 points ahead of us after those games and with 12 league fixtures to come after that including a tie against them at home I'm amazed people are still banging on about finishing 4th.

I'm amazed people are still banging on about finishing 4th.

Because we have ambition, crave Champs League football and want to keep Suarez!

We have a good chance of doing it, but Spurs losing today would have made it easier.

I'm not ruling anything out while it is still possibly.

Guest San Don
Spurs and Utd both drop 2 points and people aren't happy?

This!

Overall it is good.

But it could have been so much better and nearly was!

How?

Because we have ambition, crave Champs League football and want to keep Suarez!

We have a good chance of doing it, but Spurs losing today would have made it easier.

I'm not ruling anything out while it is still possibly.

Until we starting beating the teams above us we can have all the ambition in the world. It doesn't mean it's going to happen. And I'm not having a go here lad, believe me, I want Champions League football next season too but until the manager starts getting his first eleven right consistently and the owners get their fucking finger out we can forget about 4th.

Dementor on the lino: "He had a shocking game, I'm disappointed in his performance"

*lino awaits FA sanctions*

Closer to the mark.

Dementor on the lino: "He had a shocking game, I'm disappointed in his performance"

*Suarez awaits FA sanctions*

Closer still.

Until we starting beating the teams above us we can have all the ambition in the world. It doesn't mean it's going to happen. And I'm not having a go here lad, believe me, I want Champions League football next season too but until the manager starts getting his first eleven right consistently and the owners get their fucking finger out we can forget about 4th.

We now have Sturridge a goalscorer, something we have lacked all season.

We are a different team to the one we had a few games ago. Also Gerrard is back to his best.

If Gerrard, Sturridge and Suarez all stay fit we have a good chance. Not saying we'll get fourth as we are playing catch up. But we have a good chance. It would have been better had Spurs lost today.

We won't get 4th!!!

We haven't beaten a single side in the top 10 after 23 games! We'd need to win about 11 of our remaining 15 games, and even that may not be enough.

Fuck.

We'll be 13 points off fourth after our next two games so fucking forget about CL football. At least now theres a slim chance the scumbags could still bottle the title race

You.

Guest San Don
Clearly if Spurs lost!

Which means the mancs win and 3 more points than citeh. And we should never applaud a manc win as good.

Best result for us was a draw.

Best result today for me was the draw. I understand that we want to catch spurs, but we also don't want the mancs to extend their league titles. I'm afraid we have far less chance of attaining fourth than the mancs do of winning the title, so I will take the draw as a compromise.

Which means the mancs win and 3 more points than citeh. And we should never applaud a manc win as good.

Best result for us was a draw.

I'd rather we come fourth and United winning the title, rather than us coming fifth and United coming second.

Spurs getting an extra points means it is less likely for us to get top four.

Usually I'd like United to lose, but not at the expense of us.

We aint getting 4th, no chance. We'll be very lucky to get 5th even.

But thats ok, that wasnt the point, we're beginning a journey.

Where that journey takes us next Summer, after selling Suarez for £45m, I don't know. But then again we all shat ourselves after selling Torres, we couldnt envisage someone else coming in and being so good.

But, yknow, such is life.

We probably won't get fourth, but we have a chance.

We look a much better team with Sturridge. Now we look like a winning team, with another attacking threat and finisher.

*awaits FA sanctions*........ Hello? FA?.... Hello?.....

He MUST face a charge, even mentioning a ("3 yard offside") Drogba goal from 3 years ago with the same lino.

I reckon he is almost taking the piss, days after Sam gets a charge for similar comments. I don't know the rule number but both have questioned an officials integrity.