You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Suarez is a much better player than Jelavic, and whilst it's clear he's not an out and out finisher, he can actually finish - his goal tally demonstrates that.

What do you mean by this, Fanch? He has shown that he is a brilliant finisher at every level. Unless you mean he's not a goal poacher, which I'd agree with (he's far beyond being just a poacher), then I don't agree. He absolutely is a finisher. He was level in Holland, he is lethal at International level and, this season, he is lethal in the premier league.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

What do you mean by this, Fanch? He has shown that he is a brilliant finisher at every level. Unless you mean he's not a goal poacher, which I'd agree with (he's far beyond being just a poacher), then I don't agree. He absolutely is a finisher. He was level in Holland, he is lethal at International level and, this season, he is lethal in the premier league.

Thats understandable. Its quite a flat country.

Bradford equaliser at Villa Park to restore their two goal aggregate lead. Absolute bullet of a header from a corner.

Been a really good game this.

Yeh its good. Bradford just missing an abosolute sitter may still cost them.

Have to say Bradford strip is utter shit. What is that colour ?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Attributes shouldn't be talked about as if they are a constant. His finishing was poor last year' date=' and good this year.[/quote']

You'be either got the ability or you don't. He produced some brilliant finishing last season, but was erratic. For the entire rest of his career he has been lethal.

He has always been a quality finisher.

You'be either got the ability or you don't. He produced some brilliant finishing last season, but was erratic. For the entire rest of his career he has been lethal.

He has always been a quality finisher.

Except for last season.

I'm not disputing his ability, but his goals to shots ratio last season doesn't lie.

Nonsense

In our cup run we beat that seasons CL & PL winners. Not our fault a lower league Cardiff were in the final.

I'm not interested in even arguing the toss. Birmingham in the final two years ago, Cardiff in the final last year, Bradford this year, it is what it is.

United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City not been in any of the finals in the last three seasons, though Chelsea could still have a say but unlikely.

They're not arsed, and it completely devalues the thing at present. Don't shoot the messenger.

Well in Bradford.

Just don't understand how a League 2 side can turn over PL team over two legs. (before anyone mentions it - I know that they just scored more goals than Villa) Why aren't they playing like that every game? Are they secretly as good as any PL side but just can't be arsed most weeks?

I'm not interested in even arguing the toss. Birmingham in the final two years ago, Cardiff in the final last year, Bradford this year, it is what it is.

United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City not been in any of the finals in the last three seasons, though Chelsea could still have a say but unlikely.

They're not arsed, and it completely devalues the thing at present. Don't shoot the messenger.

the carling cup gets europa league ...exactly the same as the fa cup.....end of....

Oh dear fffuuuunnnneeeeeeee.

League Cup finals:

2001 Liverpool 1–1 * Birmingham City Millennium Stadium 73,500

2002 Blackburn Rovers 2–1 Tottenham Hotspur Millennium Stadium 72,500

2003 Liverpool 2–0 Manchester United Millennium Stadium 74,500

2004 Middlesbrough 2–1 Bolton Wanderers Millennium Stadium 72,634

2005 Chelsea 3–2 Liverpool Millennium Stadium 78,000

2006 Manchester United 4–0 Wigan Athletic Millennium Stadium 66,866

2007 Chelsea 2–1 Arsenal Millennium Stadium 70,073

2008 Tottenham Hotspur 2–1 Chelsea Wembley Stadium 87,660

2009 Manchester United 0–0 *[C] Tottenham Hotspur Wembley Stadium 88,217

2010 Manchester United 2–1 Aston Villa Wembley Stadium 88,596

2011 Birmingham City 2–1 Arsenal Wembley Stadium 88,851

2012 Liverpool 2–2 *[D] Cardiff City Wembley Stadium 89,041

While I won't be cheering them on or gutted if they lose by any stretch of the imagination, part of me wouldn't mind seeing Chelsea come through to win the thing (feel dirty writing that!) if only to open up an extra EL place, I know we should be focussing on doing as well as we can and aiming for top 4 or failing that 5th and the automatic EL league place, and that some people don't want to be in that competition at all, just how I feel.

Wasn't best pleased after our late surge from Hodgson mediocrity to 6th was rewarded with, well, fuck all while Birmingham and fucking Stoke got to play in Europe instead. I know them's the rules and conversely got us into Europe last year after finishing 8th, and we could still do something in the FA Cup this year, but the more avenues to Europe at this stage of the season, the better.