You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

That Craig Burley is a right plonker. Him and that other knob Jon Champion commentating of the Arsenal Swansea game, Champion mentions the fact that Laudrup is in the top three choices in a poll by Real Madrid fans over who they want to be their next boss along with Loew and Benitez. Burley peeps up with "no idea what Benitez had done to be mentioned in the same breath as the other two". Or something along those lines. Idiot.

Heard that myself, Burley really is a complete cock.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

That Craig Burley is a right plonker. Him and that other knob Jon Champion commentating of the Arsenal Swansea game, Champion mentions the fact that Laudrup is in the top three choices in a poll by Real Madrid fans over who they want to be their next boss along with Loew and Benitez. Burley peeps up with "no idea what Benitez had done to be mentioned in the same breath as the other two". Or something along those lines. Idiot.

It's fucking embarrassing the way some of these clowns dismiss his managerial record. Anyone with half a brain knows things didn't work out for him at Liverpool towards the end. Inter wasn't great compared with his previous stints. Funnily enough though, his World Club Championship with Inter has been dismissed and forgotten long ago, yet the very fact he didn't win it with Chelsea is constantly being used as a stick to beat him with. Agenda, much?

His achievements at Valencia alone are impressive, yet constantly forgotten, rarely mentioned at best. But if any British manager had taken the only team in 3 decades to win multiple titles outside of the big 2, they'd cream themselves mentioning it every time the guy's name was dropped. That without even mentioning he also took them to their biggest ever trophy in the same period.

I love what he did for Liverpool, but I can also see why he was replaced, although who replaced him was a joke in itself.

The funniest thing about these ridiculous Chelsea fans is how they consider the 2005 CL win as 'lucky', yet rave as if Di Matteo is Mourhino all over again, despite the stupid amount of luck they had in surviving even the semi-final. Oh the fucking irony. Chelsea had penalties against them missed in both the semi-final and final, one from no other than Leo Messi. Their only fucking corner (compared to Bayern's 20) for the entire final brought the ultimately decisive goal. They rode their luck due to the chances missed by the opposition.

The 2005 final was hardly the same. Milan were dominant and the scoreline reflected that very much at halftime. Rafa engineered the change in momentum of the match, which I personally consider far less lucky and much more impressive than hoping world class players hit the fucking crossbar with a penalty.

I've just realised this has become a bit of a rant (ha!) but it fucking pisses me off no end to hear no-marks discussing no-mark managers as if they are great (read British or still unproven, ie Laudrup) yet a guy (albeit with a number of flaws) who has a record that 95% of managers would die to have on their CV, is ridiculed and shown no respect in the manner Benitez is.

And a lot of that is down to him being one of the very few brave enough to stand up to a fucking bully.

'Rant' over.

I cannot believe Leicester's home game with Middlesbrough has been given the go-ahead tonight. People are taking up to 3 hours to get home because all the city's major routes are chock-a-block, even if they only have to drive 3-4 miles. Many public transport services were closed at 4pm. Ridiculous situation.

Did anybody see the Schalke v Hannover game tonight? Ended up 5-4 after being 1-0 at halftime. So just the lazy 8 goals for the.2nd half. So between those 8 and multiple substitutions how much injury time? 2 minutes. Classic.

As much as he is a decent player, watching Walcott interview is fucking annoying. He comes across like the kind of guy who thinks he knows more than he actually does. Reminds me of the typical Arsenal supporter, who purses his lips and squints his eyes whilst emphasising words as if they are wise.

Pretentious, shite club.

As much as he is a decent player, watching Walcott interview is fucking annoying. He comes across like the kind of guy who thinks he knows more than he actually does. Reminds me of the typical Arsenal supporter, who purses his lips and squints his eyes whilst emphasising words as if they are wise.

Pretentious, shite club.

A lad I know is an Arsenal fan. Bit of a gobshite, but okay in small doses. That kind of person.

Anyway, I was chatting to him at a party once.

"Yeah, so, like I was saying, we have a history of playing good, attractive football."

"Even under George Graham?"

*silence*

Have got Torres, Hazard, Vermaelen and Oxlade in the FF team, and it needs some points. A lot of points anyway. Silva was captain somehow for yesterday so that was good. (probably happened after after I switched Luis out.) Torres has been there since Luis was suspended and didn't bother to put him back as I was giving up on it. If the points are shit for today I'm done with it.

*drama* *crying* *it'sjustagame*