You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

They could spend about £5m on a centreback and a holding midfielder with a bit of grit and they'd get 15 points more than they will do this season.

Fucking Gary Caldwell and Lee Cattermole would improve this Arsenal side.

Wenger just seems blind to it, doesn't he? It's so glaring, but he'll probably buy some short arse shithouse in the summer who'll look great in a routine home win against the dross but go missing when it counts.

You look at somebody like Wilshere in that side and, don't get me wrong I think he's a decent player, but you're just asking too much of him. He's a kid, yet they're so dependent on him and it's like they're looking to him for inspiration. At least when we had Gerrard coming through, we had players around him like Hyypia, Hamann and Fowler who would stand up and be counted when the chips were down, and then we had McAllister following a couple of years later to pass on some experience. It's what the Mancs have done for years having Giggs and Scholes around the place for their young lads to look up to and who you can rely on to never shirk responsibility. With players like Wilshere and Walcott, it's like they're having to take on this role when they're nowhere near ready for it. I bet they'd kill to have a couple of old heads who could be counted on around the place.

Not that I'm complaining, of course. We shouldn't have anything to fear going to their place in a few weeks time.

Giroud should've made it 1-0 right from the off, Arsenal are a mess, but seeing as it's Chelsea I think they have a chance of coming back. (then again though maybe they could only get back into games like this when they had players like Van Persie.)

Oscar looks like a good player too. Oscar + Mata + Hazard, if only Torres was playing well, that's some great service for him there.

Wenger just seems blind to it, doesn't he? It's so glaring, but he'll probably buy some short arse shithouse in the summer who'll look great in a routine home win against the dross but go missing when it counts.

You look at somebody like Wilshere in that side and, don't get me wrong I think he's a decent player, but you're just asking too much of him. He's a kid, yet they're so dependent on him and it's like they're looking to him for inspiration. At least when we had Gerrard coming through, we had players around him like Hyypia, Hamann and Fowler who would stand up and be counted when the chips were down, and then we had McAllister following a couple of years later to pass on some experience. It's what the Mancs have done for years having Giggs and Scholes around the place for their young lads to look up to and who you can rely on to never shirk responsibility. With players like Wilshere and Walcott, it's like they're having to take on this role when they're nowhere near ready for it. I bet they'd kill to have a couple of old heads who could be counted on around the place.

Not that I'm complaining, of course. We shouldn't have anything to fear going to their place in a few weeks time.

Thing is he actually has spent a fair bit last year or two, and not just on African orphans. Mertesacker 10m, Santos £6m, Giroud £13m, Gervinho £11m, Arteta £10m, Chamberlain £12m, Cazorla £20m, Podolski £11m. Some of them are decent footballers, but none of them are really want they needed.

Spot on about the experience, and not just experience but players that had been at the club for a few years. Unfortunately, for them, their board doesn't seem to give a fuck as long as they get 4th. Will be interesting in the summer, because I don't think they will.

We'll turn them over. Suarez v Mertesacker? Nothing to fear against Arsenal.

With that trio behind him, there really is no excuse.

I'd back myself to get 10 a season with those supplying me, and I'm 52 & fat.

I can't get my head around Torres' decline. He just seems useless & it's almost as if a Zingari League player has swapped bodies with him.

And yet i dont remember him having even a half chance in that first half, won the ball back a few times.

Just doesnt seem to have that burst of pace anymore

He actually seems to get in the way more than he helps.

( He did have that poor effort on the half-volley late on, but it was just a defender's knock-down from a cross )

I think you'll find that when Stevie was out of form we were over relying on Luis and young Stirling. That was wrong. Only in the last 2 games have the team started to work as one AND get results.

Don't discount the possibility of Chelsea losing their arse again, now that Walcott has got one back. THing is, though, if they do, and possibly even go on to lose, all focus will be on Benitez, the booing and Chelsea's plight and Arsenal's total gutless first half would be glossed over.

The problem for Wenger is that that he doesn't have the resources to compete for the quality of players that he really needs. They can't match the top teams wages or transfer fee wise.

So he's left to take gambles on players who are unproven (Gervinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain etc) or experienced players who aren't wanted by the worlds richest/biggest teams (Podolski, Mertesacker, Cazorla, Arteta etc).