You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Toy Nostalgia.

Rorschach08

Guest ShoePiss
dragon32.jpg

I was the only kid in my school with this - the Spectrum kids had a field day

I was already laughing as I scrolled down to get the full picture in view. So true, you and that other lad with an Acorn Electron

I've still got a Dragon 32. Boxed and working with the R@RE DASM assembler/dissasembler cardridge. The fun part of programming a Dragon that is the 6809 CPU has a SEX instruction. Snigger. You can assemble SEX...

Also got 2 Acorn Electrons. And a CBM PET too, as well as an Acorn RiscPC. Not to mention a ZX81, Speccy, VIC-20, CBM64, BBC B and a BINGO! TV tennis console amongst other stuff.

Clearly I need to get out more.

Guest ShoePiss
I've still got a Dragon 32. Boxed and working with the R@RE DASM assembler/dissasembler cardridge. The fun part of programming a Dragon that is the 6809 CPU has a SEX instruction. Snigger. You can assemble SEX...

Also got 2 Acorn Electrons. And a CBM PET too, as well as an Acorn RiscPC. Not to mention a ZX81, Speccy, VIC-20, CBM64, BBC B and a BINGO! TV tennis console amongst other stuff.

Clearly I need to get out more.

Before our speccy we had something we called the telly game, it had pong and other games on it. It was an orange rectangular box and had probably 8 buttons for choosing the game you wanted to play. I think it came with atari like joysticks. It connected to the telly...

Any ideas what this could have been? It would have to be late 70's early 80's, by 1982/3 we had a speccy.

Before our speccy we had something we called the telly game, it had pong and other games on it. It was an orange rectangular box and had probably 8 buttons for choosing the game you wanted to play. I think it came with atari like joysticks. It connected to the telly...

Any ideas what this could have been? It would have to be late 70's early 80's, by 1982/3 we had a speccy.

Sounds like it could have been the Binatone TV Master Mk.4

binatone.jpg

Like this?

Guest ShoePiss
It was one of the more popular TV Pong consoles, most shops (Rumbelows, Boots, Dixons and so on) sold the Binatones. I've got one somewhere in the attic.

That's where ours will be too. I don't remember it having those wheel analogue controllers, clearly ahead of it's time. I was about 3 or 4 at this point, this is the start of my gaming timeline.

£1500??????

I think it's about time I started emptying out the loft.

Just been having a look on eBay now and there are some on there for around £50, not sure why these ones were particularly special (there was an Optimus Prime on for £1500 too).

Tempted to buy some for my son.

G1Megatron_toy.jpg

Transformers toys these days are shit, they don't make 'em like this any more.

Mind you, you can still pick one up for £1500 on ebay.

I've never seen that before, and I'm not one for exaggeration but that's the best thing I've ever seen in my life, I curse the day I stared longingly into my ex partners cervix and my son came out instead of this.