You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Toy Nostalgia.

Rorschach08

You didn't, you really didn't I had that and there were holes cut in the cardboard base, you pulled the string and a piece of plastic popped up through the hole and knocked the tank a little.

It was shit 5 minutes after I opened it and it never got any better.

Really? I got one for Christmas many moons ago. It was under my parents bed and my brother and I would get it out to plan on when they'd gone out on the lead up to Christmas.

A great game. You had to give the string a good pull to knock the tank off.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
My principal toys of choice as a kid were toy soldiers - I discovered the holy grail once in the late 80s in a Rhyl gift shop, some Japanese toy soldiers. Damndest thing I've ever seen, never seen their like before or since:

Just look at the little cunt with the sword there, even in molded plastic they still scream 'evil'.

12505_pd286996full.JPG

Airfix 1/32 scale.

I had every set of Airfix soldiers and every tank and military vehicle. Multiples of each. My youngest brother burned the lot when I left home. I found him guilty of the crime of plasticide and sentenced him to a life of torture.

Airfix 1/32 scale.

I had every set of Airfix soldiers and every tank and military vehicle. Multiples of each. My youngest brother burned the lot when I left home. I found him guilty of the crime of plasticide and sentenced him to a life of torture.

He should have committed Hara Kiri if he was an honourable man.

Before our speccy we had something we called the telly game, it had pong and other games on it. It was an orange rectangular box and had probably 8 buttons for choosing the game you wanted to play. I think it came with atari like joysticks. It connected to the telly...

Any ideas what this could have been? It would have to be late 70's early 80's, by 1982/3 we had a speccy.

Binatone Pong. Still got one, and it still comes out sometimes when I've got mates round.

Bit surprised no-one has mentioned Star Wars figures. I must have lost about a hundred in the back garden and am still gutted I couldn't afford a Millennium Falcon.

ta mate

I remember having a ghost which had a big eyeball on a string and you would smack it and it would fly out. also had a helicopter to put the figures in.

they also did figures where the eyes popped out

I had a microphone thing shaped like the ghost catcher that when you talk into it it made a ghostly noise, im holding it at the back left here..

367_39092842740_4494_n_zps8e36ea95.jpg

with my sister and 3 mates with their proton back packs, I never had one but remember they had a big yellow sponge. lad at the front right had the Ghostbusters tower house, remember him standing on it trying to climb up a lampost in the street and it giving way and he went right through it.

also check out the Starcom in the window, that was my mates with the red hair, his Auntie used to get him them from Canada, great stuff!

I had loads of action figures as a kid.Wish I had kept them but my mum always wanted to get rid of things not being used.

My nan kept everything,not like them hoarders you see on TV but she kept loads of stuff in the back two bedrooms and it drove my mum nuts so I had to get rid of things instead of keeping them.

Old WWF figures

He-Man,I had most of them.He-Man on Battlecat,Skeletor on his Panther.

Star Wars

A-Team

I may start buying them back to relive some old memories.

Binatone Pong. Still got one, and it still comes out sometimes when I've got mates round.

Bit surprised no-one has mentioned Star Wars figures. I must have lost about a hundred in the back garden and am still gutted I couldn't afford a Millennium Falcon.

My grandad had a TV-set with a built in Pong and with two cable controllers coming out the back. They looked like small walkie talkies. There were, I think, three different game modes (Pong, something Tennis-ish and a similar third one. There also was another game on it that consisted of a white square dot moving on the screen that you had to shoot with some kind of gun. We never had that gun, though. This was early to mid 80s, the TV set was a Grundig I think.

• 8 years later...

They're reissuing loads of He-Man figures as Masters of the Universe Origins, they look just like the old figures but with better articulation. I've only got a Sky Sled and Battle Cat so far.

adam.jpg

I never had the Prince Adam figure as a kid so I was made up to get this.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

They're reissuing loads of He-Man figures as Masters of the Universe Origins, they look just like the old figures but with better articulation. I've only got a Sky Sled and Battle Cat so far.

adam.jpg

I never had the Prince Adam figure as a kid so I was made up to get this.

My brother bought his son some of those last year. They look good but I prefer the Super7 Filmation figures.

684233BB-F2AB-4144-B893-1685321624EC.jpeg

• Upvote 1