You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

silverlining said ......

The fact is, I do tend to make decisions about players very quickly.

a lot of people had doubts about lucas johnson skertl reina and others. hell people even doubted rush at first. what you see at the beginning of a players career is not always how things work out.

Oh, OK.

It's sometimes difficult to tell what's serious and what isn't, especially on a Forum that has some mongs saying things like "I'd prefer Leon Britton in midfield to Yaya Toure" amongst many, many others.

The fact is, many people are desperate for our young £16m midfield hope to become a great player, but he won't.

He'll be, at best, "OK". And I worry about even that being attainable, because he's spineless.

If only you'd mentioned this 300 times before Bendan.

Shut up you fucking fruit.

where did they all play most of their games for us, if Henderson gets judged on his games on the right so do they

Diouf was played on the fight wing after it became obvious he was a dreadful striker IIR, I barely remember Jovanovic playing at all if I'm honest but I'm reasonably sure he was played as an attacker. I don't remember Kromkamp ever playing in midfield.

Diouf was played on the fight wing after it became obvious he was a dreadful striker IIR, I barely remember Jovanovic playing at all if I'm honest but I'm reasonably sure he was played as an attacker. I don't remember Kromkamp ever playing in midfield.

strange I thought Diouf played upfront for about 5 games and was then moved, Jovanovic played on the left and apart from his debut at Luton and Sheff United away on opening day I remember Kromkamp usually being a sub on the right wing and being extremely shit

silverlining said ......

The fact is, I do tend to make decisions about players very quickly.

a lot of people had doubts about lucas johnson skertl reina and others. hell people even doubted rush at first. what you see at the beginning of a players career is not always how things work out.

Duff Man said ......

please use the quote button

Yes, Henderson is young in a societal way, but in a footballing way he isn't immature, he should be building a real name for himself now.

One need only look around the England squad for examples in his age bracket, bearing in mind he'll be 22 in June, his contemporaries are Phil Jones (20), Chris Smalling (22), Kyle Walker (21), Theo Walcott (22), Danny Welbeck (21), Daniel Sturridge (22), Jack Rodwell (20), Jack Wilshire (20), Alex Oxlade Chamberlain (18) and, let's be fucking honest here, I'm not seeing any future Messi's in that list. Wilshire aside, and perhaps Sturridge, there's nothing in there to be getting excited about. But, at the same time, they are performing key duties for their club and generally being of use, either in defence or attack.

We're not asking him to be like Thiago (20) at Barca and perform in front of massive crowds and TV audiences of hundreds of millions, nor are we expecting him to be like the supra-talented Iker Munaian (19) and destroy defences, or Christian Eriksen (20), or Mario Gotze (20), or Neymar (20), or Eden Hazard (21), but these lads are under the same pressure if not more, playing in the CL and playing key roles in their teams. If anything Henderson has been given a chance to take a back seat and get his head down, we haven't expected miracles from the team and we'd all be satisfied with 'ok' performances, but to not even get 'ok' performances does bring about questions. All the pressure was on Carroll, and Downing, and Suarez with the race issue, so that's a good while that Henderson has been left to his own devices and get himself 'right' to play for this club.

I'm not saying it's time to get rid, he's got talent, but there's only so much slack you can give him before it affects other things. The development of Shelvey for instance.

Nobody is expecting miracles from the lad, but I think we're within out rights to ask that he shows a little more than he is if we are to continue seeing the merit in grooming him for bigger things.

Originally Posted by fowler9 View Post

top ten worst midfielders to play for Liverpool? he isn't even in the top ten in the last few years

Poulsen

Nunez

Diao

Diouf -forward

Jovanovic - forward

Plessis

El Zhar

Le Tallec

Cheyrou

Kromkamp - defender

all far far worse

You're 3 short kiddo

Don Hutchison,Kevin McDonald Istvan Kozma,to name but a few.

Guest ShoePiss

top ten worst midfielders to play for Liverpool? he isn't even in the top ten in the last few years

Poulsen

Nunez

Diao

Diouf -forward

Jovanovic - forward

Plessis

El Zhar

Le Tallec

Cheyrou

Kromkamp - defender

all far far worse

You're 3 short kiddo

He said in the last few years, not ever. Kevin Macdonald doesn't deserve to be on that list anyway. Getting a game in the 86 team then breaking his leg and being forced out by McMahon isn't much to be ashamed of. Where's Paul fucking Stewart in your list?

It's fucking scary that some fans never learn.

Out of his depth,clueless not sure what his exact position is,reminds me of how a certain now world class lad from Brazil started out.

Henderson will be fine,he's got everything to make it here,just needs patience from the fans.Its actually embarrassing every time I hear Lucas refer to the hard time he got at the start as we're suppose to be a knowledgable bunch.Hopefully Henderson won't have to suffer the same shit.

This thread has left me speechless. A 21-year-old lad is 'a coward' for a poor display (among many players' poor displays, including our club captain and star striker) in a cup final. And this is what people are posting about in the aftermath of a good win. A disgrace.

It's fucking scary that some fans never learn.

Out of his depth,clueless not sure what his exact position is,reminds me of how a certain now world class lad from Brazil started out.

Henderson will be fine,he's got everything to make it here,just needs patience from the fans.Its actually embarrassing every time I hear Lucas refer to the hard time he got at the start as we're suppose to be a knowledgable bunch.Hopefully Henderson won't have to suffer the same shit.

Aint that the truth ruth....Its embarressing hearing Lucas speak of the tough time he had,or hearing some no-marks in the media refer to the same,all down in the main to spastic online know-alls.Henderson will get over his bad form eventually,gain confidence and the spastics will move onto the next young signing and the TLW will get more diluted each time

This thread has left me speechless. A 22-year-old lad is 'a coward' for a poor display (among many players' poor displays) in a cup final. And this is what people are posting about in the aftermath of a good win. A disgrace.

In silvercuntings/Brendan/Duncs mates case ,it was even before the 90 minutes were up

Whilst it is correct to refer to his age, and undoubted talent, and accounting for the fact that I think he will be a very good player.

He is a fucking gash right midfielder! This will be rectified in the summer I am sure, but Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy and Downing are all much better than him. If he can't find a place in the centre (I would rather have him there than Adam, but I have a blind spot there) then as with most young players he should wait and bide his time, benefitting from watching the best English Midfielder of the past 20 years do his stuff.

Yes, Henderson is young in a societal way, but in a footballing way he isn't immature, he should be building a real name for himself now.

One need only look around the England squad for examples in his age bracket, bearing in mind he'll be 22 in June, his contemporaries are Phil Jones (20), Chris Smalling (22), Kyle Walker (21), Theo Walcott (22), Danny Welbeck (21), Daniel Sturridge (22), Jack Rodwell (20), Jack Wilshire (20), Alex Oxlade Chamberlain (18) and, let's be fucking honest here, I'm not seeing any future Messi's in that list. Wilshire aside, and perhaps Sturridge, there's nothing in there to be getting excited about. But, at the same time, they are performing key duties for their club and generally being of use, either in defence or attack.

We're not asking him to be like Thiago (20) at Barca and perform in front of massive crowds and TV audiences of hundreds of millions, nor are we expecting him to be like the supra-talented Iker Munaian (19) and destroy defences, or Christian Eriksen (20), or Mario Gotze (20), or Neymar (20), or Eden Hazard (21), but these lads are under the same pressure if not more, playing in the CL and playing key roles in their teams. If anything Henderson has been given a chance to take a back seat and get his head down, we haven't expected miracles from the team and we'd all be satisfied with 'ok' performances, but to not even get 'ok' performances does bring about questions. All the pressure was on Carroll, and Downing, and Suarez with the race issue, so that's a good while that Henderson has been left to his own devices and get himself 'right' to play for this club.

I'm not saying it's time to get rid, he's got talent, but there's only so much slack you can give him before it affects other things. The development of Shelvey for instance.

Nobody is expecting miracles from the lad, but I think we're within out rights to ask that he shows a little more than he is if we are to continue seeing the merit in grooming him for bigger things.

So players age seems reeeeeeeal important to you.Have you lived abroad at a young age ?? Have you even lived in a different city at a young age ?? Its not fucking easy you know .

How do you get a young low on confidence player to overcome it ,by dropping him ?? loaning him out ?? have a manager that believes in him and give him game time ?

Next time you are at Anfield ,and he misplaces a pass ,make big loud groans....thats the modern way to help a player gain confidence and turn poor form around

Guest the boy

He seems to be suffering from a lack of confidence, but more than that he's having to learn his trade in an extremely unbalanced midfield. Ramsey has suffered similarly at Arsenal. Gerrard - as ever - has been very disappointing in the deeply-lying central role, and Adam's poor positioning further disrupts us. Spearing tries, but he lacks quality, so until Lucas returns I'm not sure what the solution is.

I think the midfield may be of equal concern as our options up front. I hope to see Gerrard pushed further forward or wide right soon, regardless of his preference on where he plays.

Oh deary me ,seems Silvercunting a.k.a Brendan doesn't like my input or reminding people of his "I'll thread rape you " koptalk days and has started negging me...damn maybe I should join the anti-Kuyt/Lucas/Speo/Carroll/Johningson/Adam/Henderson online spastics brigade to avoid further pain and suffering

I don't think playing him on the right is helping his confidence in any way as he is basically useless there. For me he does have potential but he also has some worrying flaws. I hope I'm wrong but he looks like the kind of player who doesn't have the confidence to be at a top club.

Poulsen

Nunez

Diao

Diouf -forward

Jovanovic - forward

Plessis

El Zhar

Le Tallec

Cheyrou

Kromkamp - defender

all far far worse

You're 3 short kiddo

You did well there, but let yourself down with the Kevin Macdonald inclusion.

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/87437-forgotten-players-kevin-macdonald.html

I see Shoey beat me to it.

(And Cheyrou should be top)

He said in the last few years, not ever. Kevin Macdonald doesn't deserve to be on that list anyway. Getting a game in the 86 team then breaking his leg and being forced out by McMahon isn't much to be ashamed of. Where's Paul fucking Stewart in your list?

I said but a few and obviously Stewart was another of the shite that could be considered too.

Not all the 86 team were great players,McDonald was an average player who was used to his maximum by a certain manager who won a trophy just yesterday.

In fact the whole 86 team wasnt exactly our strongest but team spirit and good management made them achieve good things.