You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

And of course with all the trophies you've won as a manager and player you know more than Kenny Dalglish. Did you watch Arsenal v Birmingham in the same game last year ?

Do you honestly think that these so called "lesser" teams will turn up for a final and give it to us on a plate ?

Breathtaking naiivety

I don't think I know more than Dalglish. Which doesn't mean that he is always right.

Nor do I expect an underdog to roll over. I do, however, expect us (a) to select our best players for important games and (b) to beat inferior teams.

Celebrations, done.

Inquest now begins.

Henderson, what the fuck is he doing on the right wing/midfield?

It was touch and go yesterday, had he remained on the field then we could have lost that game, we looked that shit.

I see him boss the middle of the park for England U21's and I can't believe it's the same player. It is, again, a confidence issue with him and he's going to have to sort that out himself. But for fucks sake, let him sort it out playing in the middle of the park, and let him sort it out somewhere on loan, because we've got games and trophies to win and we cannot afford to gift him another 12 or 24 months to get his 'head right'.

Right now I see Shelvey going on loan to Boro, but it should be Shelvey we're keeping and Henderson should be going to Boro on loan. He needs a can of 'toughenthefuckup' because this whole issue is getting boring now.

Kenny is doing the lad zero favours by playing him right wing, I don't care what Kenny's won, I can see when something's wrong as much as the next man, it has to be centre midfield or nothing. I hope the Shelvey thing is Kenny wanting to see what the lad can do at a good level, and then making a judgement call on which player to sell this Summer. Gerrard, Adam, Henderson, Shelvey are the ones fighting over ONE position in the team, and that's not making any sense when we can't field a single proper right winger.

I'd have been happier with Joe Cole playing right midfield for the rest of the season, in fact it now seems like a fucking distant dream that we once had him.

I don't think Kenny did much wrong.

His team selection was the one I posted up...

Oh well, thank fuck for that - at least we dont have to worry when he retires...

How far up your own arse are you, you tiresome cunt? Explain one thing: if Henderson is so shit as you continuously remind us, why does Kenny pick him week in, week out?

Is it:

a - he feels sorry for the whee Tynesider and saves a space on the team sheet out of pity, despite the fact he is so shit, just so he can risk his job and justify the transfer fee?

B - He knows the lad has potential and wants it to develop, and sees something that he delivers in games (based on his 40+ years in football) that a one-eyed twat like you cant see?

Henderson did not play "wide right". He tucks in, helping make up the numbers in the middle, and more often it is the full back, Johnson, who provides width on the right.

Josef Svejk said...

As for the "we won, why complain?" line of defence, I'm inclined to say, happy as I am with a trophy, "we struggled against a Championship side, how do we improve?"

of course we struggled. it was a cup final. how many cup finals over the years have been a stroll for any of the winners. not many. how do we improve? by hard work and adding quality to the squad as we go along. think where we were under hodgson and hicks and gillett and compare it to now. we've done this through hard work and signing better players. AND we still have a lot to fight for this season. honestly i dont see what it is that people want from club at the moment. we are on the up. enjoy it.

Fuck off with this Kenny is always right rhetoric.

You don't think he has a personal interest in Henderson playing because he bought him for £18m? That sort of thing does sway a man. If Kenny was picking that team on merit then Henderson would be nowhere near it. Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy...there's three lads there with immense experience of big occassions for massive teams, World Cup appearances, international goals and assists.

Why would Henderson be tucking in to make a midfield three? Is that what Downing did as well then? Or did we plan to have that imbalance in our midfield to counter Cardiff's awesome left sided attacking menace? It's got nothing to do with Johnson, Enrique was up and down the left just as much as Johnson.

Speaking of Enrique, he was awful. Been brilliant this season, but the last month he's been sketchy to say the least, some ominous echoes of Riise lately. He needs a rest, he's played a lot of games this season.

Oh well, thank fuck for that - at least we dont have to worry when he retires...

How far up your own arse are you, you tiresome cunt? Explain one thing: if Henderson is so shit as you continuously remind us, why does Kenny pick him week in, week out?

Is it:

a - he feels sorry for the whee Tynesider and saves a space on the team sheet out of pity, despite the fact he is so shit, just so he can risk his job and justify the transfer fee?

B - He knows the lad has potential and wants it to develop, and sees something that he delivers in games (based on his 40+ years in football) that a one-eyed twat like you cant see?

Oh dear. Poor the angry, thick person. You really get your little pants ina twist over me don't you? It's pretty funny watching you flail about angrily and helpessly.

Henderson should not have played yesterday. He was fucking shit. He's been fucking shit all season.

That's about it. Soothe that fevered brow.

No, downing does not tuck in as much and provides more natural width.

See? I deleted the bit where you call me a thick cunt, and now your reply flows smoothly and offers a chance for further debate.

But you DO have to remember to take off the 'thick cunt' bit, that is definitely something to work on.

Ok, are you not arguing my point for me?

Are we just a left-sided attacking team? I can see the point in a midfielder tucking in and helping out if we were playing against Barca, but I'm pretty adamant that it's a piss take for us to be doing that against Cardiff City.

Henderson offered nothing. And I don't mean that from a purely right wing/right midfield perspective, I mean that in a general way, he literally did so little of value for the team that it was like playing with a holographic image, albeit an image directed by the least imaginative holograph-operator in the World.

The crux of it all is that Kenny took Henderson off first, with plenty of the game remaining, and with us being a goal down.

I'm not sure how you can get back up in the face of this onslaught.

Oh dear. Poor the angry, thick person. You really get your little pants ina twist over me don't you? It's pretty funny watching you flail about angrily and helpessly.

What could you possibly mean? That I deliberately target you with something bordering on a private vendetta, repeatedly bang on about you to the absolute tedium of everyone else, going on again, and again, and again...

Now who does that remind me of?

See? I deleted the bit where you call me a thick cunt, and now your reply flows smoothly and offers a chance for further debate.

But you DO have to remember to take off the 'thick cunt' bit, that is definitely something to work on.

Ok, are you not arguing my point for me?

Are we just a left-sided attacking team? I can see the point in a midfielder tucking in and helping out if we were playing against Barca, but I'm pretty adamant that it's a piss take for us to be doing that against Cardiff City.

Henderson offered nothing. And I don't mean that from a purely right wing/right midfield perspective, I mean that in a general way, he literally did so little of value for the team that it was like playing with a holographic image, albeit an image directed by the least imaginative holograph-operator in the World.

The crux of it all is that Kenny took Henderson off first, with plenty of the game remaining, and with us being a goal down.

I'm not sure how you can get back up in the face of this onslaught.

Are you two arguing about the same thing? Nobody is claiming he was anything other than fucking shit on Sunday.

And I don't think having two wide players with different styles of play is a bad thing. You don't want two identi-kit wingers hugging the touchline on either wing, it can be predictable.

I like the idea of one tucking in a bit, coming inside, palying different types of passes. it was actually Downing who did this very well on Sunday.

So different types of winger is a good thing. The problem is not what role Henderson plays, it's more that he's fuckling rubbish and a shithouse.

I'm ecstatic we won. I can't still comment on players who were shit.

Maybe, but for people hellbent on turning this forum into Rawk, where no deviation from the party-line is tolerated and discussion is constantly subverted, it's extremely useful to equate criticism with wanting us to lose.

It's simplistic and nonsensical, obviously, but useful nonetheless.

I'm ecstatic we won. I can't still comment on players who were shit.

Its not that at all. Its the fact that this thread was bumped the second the poor lad got taken off. He was playing in his first Wembley final, at 21 years of age, out of position and was overwhelmed by the occasion. It happens.

Its pathetic. We won a trophy and yet the same people are sitting behind their keyboards pointscoring and dishing out 'I hate to be right about Liverpool players' and using boring repetitive nicknames. If people really hate to be right about things, they dont bring it up every five seconds and keep saying 'i told you so'.

I dont understand how people can sit on the forum dishing out vitriol whilst watching the game either. How can you do two things at once?

Ignore Silverlining and he'll go away. People of his ilk all do when they get no attention.

Unfortunatly this particular thundercunt won't go away,Brendan came over here to defend his best buddy Dunc and for some reason ended up staying.....Henderson will force him to eat his words in the future and he'll move on to the next new young player and repeat ad finitum.

Its not that at all. Its the fact that this thread was bumped the second the poor lad got taken off. He was playing in his first Wembley final, at 21 years of age, out of position and was overwhelmed by the occasion. It happens.

Its pathetic. We won a trophy and yet the same people are sitting behind their keyboards pointscoring and dishing out 'I hate to be right about Liverpool players' and using boring repetitive nicknames. If people really hate to be right about things, they dont bring it up every five seconds and keep saying 'i told you so'.

I dont understand how people can sit on the forum dishing out vitriol whilst watching the game either. How can you do two things at once?

He seems overwhelmed most weeks.

Earlier in the season he seemed inconsistent, but at least he was having good games. The past month or so, he's just looked like playingfor Liverpool is too big for him.