You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

Not his worst game I noticed him a few times but sorry I am out on him. We are on a forum and allowed to speak our minds but fuck me Kenny have a good look before you sign. We do have a better squad yawn, yawn fucking yawn.

We needed pace and creativity and sorry I just do not see it and for the amount of money we spent I think we should.

Jordan Henderson is the least of our worries, he's a kid with a big money move hanging over him plus the fact he's never played in his best position.

Charlie Adam is our biggest problem and I'm at a loss as to why Kenny keeps the faith with him. He is quite simply not up to the job.

It was worth the gamble for what we paid but it clearly hasn't worked out. He doesn't have the big club mentality that's essential if you're entrusted with arguably the most important position in a team.

His attitude is insipid and his agility and anticipation are non existent. His famed 'passing' has deserted him (not good when it was your only real attribute anyway) and he looks hurried and most of all clueless in possession.

We need a solid platform in front of our so far impressive defence; you won’t get that whilst Charlie Adam is in the team.

Don't see the point in him at all. Average player who apparently has potential. Id love to know how its presumed he has potential because i see nothing in him. Kenny needs to change his selection criteria because when it comes to signings he has got more wrong than he has right so far.

Jordan Henderson is the least of our worries, he's a kid with a big money move hanging over him plus the fact he's never played in his best position.

Fact.

Charlie Adam is our biggest problem and I'm at a loss as to why Kenny keeps the faith with him. He is quite simply not up to the job.

Another fact.

Drewy for Mayor.

It was worth the gamble for what we paid but it clearly hasn't worked out. He doesn't have the big club mentality that's essential if you're entrusted with arguably the most important position in a team.

His attitude is insipid and his agility and anticipation are non existent. His famed 'passing' has deserted him (not good when it was your only real attribute anyway) and he looks hurried and most of all clueless in possession.

We need a solid platform in front of our so far impressive defence; you won’t get that whilst Charlie Adam is in the team.

This, 100%

Another agree with Drewy.

I've never been so infuriated with a player in my life. Even the commentator said how lacklustre he seemed - and he called a pathetic free kick, which hit the first man (again) before it even happened. It was embarrassing stuff. He genuinely looked like he didn't give a fuck when he wasted dead ball after dead ball. After all why should he - he gets his mega pay packet regardless of his performance. An attitude like this does not belong anywhere near this football club. He should be shipped out yesterday if he does not thank his lucky stars daily that he gets to wear that shirt every week. Gutless, shithouse behaviour. Completely and utterly unacceptable.

Its going to take a lot for me to get past that today from him.

Another agree with Drewy.

I've never been so infuriated with a player in my life. Even the commentator said how lacklustre he seemed - and he called a pathetic free kick, which hit the first man (again) before it even happened. It was embarrassing stuff. He genuinely looked like he didn't give a fuck when he wasted dead ball after dead ball. After all why should he - he gets his mega pay packet regardless of his performance. An attitude like this does not belong anywhere near this football club. He should be shipped out yesterday if he does not thank his lucky stars daily that he gets to wear that shirt every week. Gutless, shithouse behaviour. Completely and utterly unacceptable.

Its going to take a lot for me to get past that today from him.

I'm in the exact same boat. I'd be happy to see him dropped till the end of the season, even if it means we play a youngster in his place if no one else is available.

Signing a right midfielder in the summer should remove the requirement to play Henderson at RM as he has been pretty bad whenever he had played there. He is a central midfielder and that's where he has played his best football.

Hes been crap when hes played central midfield too.

I also remember noting that he was very very average for Sunderland and U21, and the only reason I didn't think he was crap was probably because I didn't care about how he performed.

He is the typical overhyped Englishman. People want him to do well very badly. That doesn't mean he will.

If you think Henderson will ever help us win the CL or the PL you're kidding yourself. He's not even a top four player. He wouldn't get into Manc's, Man City's, Arsenals, Chelseas or Tottenhams squads.

Now, you can call me a cunt or say im talking shit, but instead I'd be interested to hear why exactly you think he's going to be good. Just don't use the word "potential".

If you think Henderson will ever help us win the CL or the PL you're kidding yourself. He's not even a top four player. He wouldn't get into Manc's, Man City's, Arsenals, Chelseas or Tottenhams squads.

Now, you can call me a cunt or say im talking shit, but instead I'd be interested to hear why exactly you think he's going to be good. Just don't use the word "potential".

You see, that's exactly the problem. I'm fairly sure nobody is saying he would get into any of those squads right now, because he,'quite clearly, is not performing well enough. Firstly, he is playing out of position, which is a difficulty when RM is such a specialized position which we have been throwing players at for years. Please also see Dirk who fucking stinks the place out when he plays st RM.

What separates Henderson from, let's say, Andy Carroll, is that he is a clever lad. He knows he is underperforming and will put the additional effort in at training. I have often heard how he is first at training in the morning and he can stay behind afterwards to do additional shooting practice or whatever.

Most of the young professionals these days are little prima donna cunts, Henderson is an entirely different animal. It would seem that he will put in the additional hours on the technical side of the game and for me, in the current climate, that's exactly what you want from a young professional. He will do it, we just need to show a little patience, which, unfortunately, not a lot of our fanbase have these days.

Hendersons been a mixed bag for me.

Hes had a fair few stinkers .

But I've seen on a fair few occasions this year, brief moments of play which make me think

"Okay if he can start producing that regularly he'll be brilliant"

Now I won't lie and say that happens a lot, but it does happen and for that reason I'd give him another season.

I'm not going to do the whole superfan thing and give it the "Just you wait and see, hes going to be class" bollox.

If tomorrow morning we had 20/30 million to spend on someone quality to take his place I'd be splashing the cash. But I don't think we will be, so we may aswell roll the dice with him and give him a bit more time.

He has time on his side.

You see, that's exactly the problem. I'm fairly sure nobody is saying he would get into any of those squads right now, because he,'quite clearly, is not performing well enough. Firstly, he is playing out of position, which is a difficulty when RM is such a specialized position which we have been throwing players at for years. Please also see Dirk who fucking stinks the place out when he plays st RM.

What separates Henderson from, let's say, Andy Carroll, is that he is a clever lad. He knows he is underperforming and will put the additional effort in at training. I have often heard how he is first at training in the morning and he can stay behind afterwards to do additional shooting practice or whatever.

Most of the young professionals these days are little prima donna cunts, Henderson is an entirely different animal. It would seem that he will put in the additional hours on the technical side of the game and for me, in the current climate, that's exactly what you want from a young professional. He will do it, we just need to show a little patience, which, unfortunately, not a lot of our fanbase have these days.

First of all, you sound like his mother. In that your justification of perseverance with JH is quite a pathetic one. He turns up to training early and leaves later, and cares that he is playing rubbish? So? Who's told you these stories? How do you know hes a clever lad? Its pure conjecture on your part. Straws are being clutched.

I agree, he doesn't seem like a bad lad. Thats why names such as readysalted (whatever the fuck that means) are unwarranted. I feel very sorry for the boy. He doesn't deserve the anger he gets his way purely because he shouldn't be there in the first place. Its not his fault. There's only one/two people who are responsible for the anger his way. Kenny and Comolli.

Jay Spearing is a better player (and central midfielder) than Jordan Henderson and only two years his senior. If, as you conceded, he wouldn't get into any of the other top five squads (squads, not teams), why should he be here? Why are our standards so low? I cannot see what he offers, other than being young, british, relatively well presented and running (headlessly) with purpose.

Trust me I have patience. I really really do. But I can also see what is right in front of me. I don't think Jordan has what it takes to make it here and I would go as far to say that I've never seen him perform so well that I've sat back and thought "that kids got something". Obviously some at our club did have that moment, but it was those same people who thought Andy Carroll, Adams and Stew Downing were right for our club. The sooner as we justify signings like Henderson, the sooner we become Aston Villa.

Hendersons been a mixed bag for me.

Hes had a fair few stinkers .

But I've seen on a fair few occasions this year, brief moments of play which make me think

"Okay if he can start producing that regularly he'll be brilliant"

Now I won't lie and say that happens a lot, but it does happen and for that reason I'd give him another season.

I'm not going to do the whole superfan thing and give it the "Just you wait and see, hes going to be class" bollox.

If tomorrow morning we had 20/30 million to spend on someone quality to take his place I'd be splashing the cash. But I don't think we will be, so we may aswell roll the dice with him and give him a bit more time.

He has time on his side.

I've never really had that moment. Maybe i've just missed it. But i've actually really tried. I wanted him to do well, despite doubting he would.

He scored a nice goal with his left foot but it didn't strike me as spectacular. He has put in a couple of good crosses too. But Nunez did the same.

Drewy is bang on.

I feel sorry for Henderson as he is being played out of position - we seem to like doing that with players - he is one for the future and we shall see how it turns out when he is played in his proper position.

Adams is what we paid for average and not good enough, he is a squad player at best, most certainly not a starting eleven player.

We need three signing of quality and not even going to mention the positions because even a bling man knows them. I do not care if the are English or from tim buck two but they need to be better than last summers purchases.

Adam was much more of a question mark for me than Jordan. I really can't figure why Adam is starting, really.

Spearing, Gerrard, and Henderson, at least, has some industry in the midfield... Adam just can't handle the defensive side, and he's absolutely fucking knackered after 60 minutes of playing. I'd like to swap him for someone else... Allen from Swansea for Adam? That sounds good to me.

I don't understand this "out of position"-drum people are banging.

Henderson is a midfielder. Playing in midfield.

It's not like we play a regular 4-4-2 with him playing right winger anyway. At times he plays right midfield, just as hundreds of central midfielders do nowadays. But hey, poor Henderson. Let's make that an excuse of why he completely lacks the guts, ability or perhaps understandingm of how to make his mark on a game of football.

Adam was much more of a question mark for me than Jordan. I really can't figure why Adam is starting, really.

Spearing, Gerrard, and Henderson, at least, has some industry in the midfield... Adam just can't handle the defensive side, and he's absolutely fucking knackered after 60 minutes of playing. I'd like to swap him for someone else... Allen from Swansea for Adam? That sounds good to me.

You mean the industry of Spearing yesterday. Making two - 2 - tackles and having zip zero - 0 - interceptions?

We have a huge problem scoring goals. And people want to get rid of one of our only players who plays football with a focus of creating. It baffles me.

You mean the industry of Spearing yesterday. Making two - 2 - tackles and having zip zero - 0 - interceptions?

We have a huge problem scoring goals. And people want to get rid of one of our only players who plays football with a focus of creating. It baffles me.

He doesn't even do that, his corners don't clear the first man, his free kicks don't clear the wall and the game passes him by.

The very things he was bought for have been fucking shite.

He doesn't even do that, his corners don't clear the first man, his free kicks don't clear the wall and the game passes him by.

I wouldn't disagree at all mate.

However badly Adam has played this season (ie. shite), I think he has at least managed to have had a positive impact occasionally. So, in that respect I think Adam has been better / even less fucking rank than Henderson.

The kid has done NOTHING at all for us. NOWT.

Out of position on the right of midfield, Henderson is anonymous and clueless, but I am perplexed when people say the kid is a CM, cos I just don't see that either. Henderson lacks presence, authority, he can't tackle...his signing leaves me speechless.

The thread title says it all, it really does.

I wouldn't disagree at all mate.

However badly Adam has played this season (ie. shite), I think he has at least managed to have had a positive impact occasionally. So, in that respect I think Adam has been better / even less fucking rank than Henderson.

The kid has done NOTHING at all for us. NOWT.

Out of position on the right of midfield, Henderson is anonymous and clueless, but I am perplexed when people say the kid is a CM, cos I just don't see that either. Henderson lacks presence, authority, he can't tackle...his signing leaves me speechless.

The thread title says it all, it really does.

The negatives far outweigh the positives, he's constantly giving the ball away and then doesn't bother trying to win it back. For every assist he's made he's fallen in a heap 20 times handing over the possession and putting us on the back foot. Terrible, terrible footballer.