You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

If you read the last ten pages or so, they're not dominated by discussing the merits of the opinion, they're dominated by people rejecting other people's right to express their opinion. I don't care if someone thinks playing Henderson is in the club's best long-term interests, I do care if I'm not allowed, in turn, to critique his performances without having my loyalty questioned.

I'vce read more than 10 pages ,and you're wrong .This thread isn't some form of forum paradise having discussion of merits,its a place for the forum cunt brigade to vent against their latest chosen player..A discussions meant to be a bit quid pro quo ,not a bunch of queens screaming their varying issues..The 90 minutes wasn't even over when thundercunt extrordinaire was on here venting.Discussions impossible ,becuase the apathy towards hendersons gone beyond any realms of normality.He's just a point of proof now ,proof that some online nutter is right and Kenny is wrong .And the more the player plays,the weirder the issues will become.It'll change eventually as Henderson,just like Lucas ,will turn good and then these retards will decide on a new player to bitch about.If you want discussion then I'd suggest the members forum might be a better place for you

What the fuck? Kenny a cunt?

He was dead right to bring him off, he stank the fucking place out and was the worst player on the pitch.

I'm not serious mate, I'm just pointing out the obvious to all those who staunchly defended Henderson yesterday. If he wasn't that bad, and we're being a set of cunts for having a dig at him, then what does that make Kenny who actually subbed him before the hour even?

I'm not serious mate, I'm just pointing out the obvious to all those who staunchly defended Henderson yesterday. If he wasn't that bad, and we're being a set of cunts for having a dig at him, then what does that make Kenny who actually subbed him before the hour even?

Who was defending the substitution ?? Can you point out the exact post or person ??

Technically, the lad is mustard. You don't see balls bouncing off him, he strikes a ball beautifully, he can spot a pass.

So that leaves us with the following options:

a) He's played in the wrong position

b) He's not got any confidence

c) He's not determined to challenge for the ball

d) He's not that arsed about winning football matches

I think I can probably leave it there. It could well be all four factors on any given day, and yesterday was certainly one of those days where Kenny ticked box a) and Henderson ticked the other boxes himself.

The day he chooses to win 50/50's and compete with bustling opponents is the day that we celebrate the birth of a cracking player. I just find it hard to believe you can get this far in the professional game, playing in midfield, and be so powder-puff in terms of winning the ball. Even Yossi would beat him in a 50/50, and he's made of ghosts.

Who was defending the substitution ?? Can you point out the exact post or person ??

Gav QC.

The crux of the debate has been Henderson being shit yesterday.

People then going spastic at other people for calling him shit.

I submit a lightly researched example of this below.

How far up your own arse are you, you tiresome cunt? Explain one thing: if Henderson is so shit as you continuously remind us, why does Kenny pick him week in, week out?

Is it:

a - he feels sorry for the whee Tynesider and saves a space on the team sheet out of pity, despite the fact he is so shit, just so he can risk his job and justify the transfer fee?

B - He knows the lad has potential and wants it to develop, and sees something that he delivers in games (based on his 40+ years in football) that a one-eyed twat like you cant see?

Is it also part of Kenny's confidence-building masterplan to sub a 21 year old player he rates, 58 minutes into a cup final, and replace him with a 32 year old with fucked knees, whilst we are 1-0 down?

I'm not being argumentative, just playing devils advocate here, some people say it's one thing and I'm not totally satisfied that that's the case at all. I think he stunk out the place, I think he should have been pulled at half time and was surprised he even came back out. But he did, then got booked, and then was subbed after 58 minutes.

Gav QC.

The crux of the debate has been Henderson being shit yesterday.

People then going spastic at other people for calling him shit.

I submit a lightly researched example of this below.

Is it also part of Kenny's confidence-building masterplan to sub a 21 year old player he rates, 58 minutes into a cup final, and replace him with a 32 year old with fucked knees, whilst we are 1-0 down?

I'm not being argumentative, just playing devils advocate here, some people say it's one thing and I'm not totally satisfied that that's the case at all. I think he stunk out the place, I think he should have been pulled at half time and was surprised he even came back out. But he did, then got booked, and then was subbed after 58 minutes.

QC ...oh thats were the Funnee part comes from,and here was me thinking it was your footballing knowledge

The crux of the debate is people having no life and in the middle of a cup final ,run off to TLW to dig up a old thread so he could have yet another bitch about a player he's lambasted since he was signed .You haven't pointed to the exact post defending him being subbed yesterday so Im guessing there musn't be one and instead your passing your opinion off as fact ...do you work in journalism by any chance ?

Henderson needed subbing yesterday,along with Enrique and a not yet 100% match fit Gerrard .He needed to go because that pass was the end of it ,his confidence was gone,and the camera panned to Clarke and Kenny and they knew it too.It was the right call at the right time.But thats neither here nor there,as was said above,this thread is a fucking joke,and those taking pleasure in updating it and lording it are cunts.The player will never have a chance ,because he's this seasons Lucas to some idiots on here

Go back 5 years and they were saying the same about Steve Finnan.

We bought Finnan the season after he was voted the best RB in the Premiership; he was bizarrely underrated by some fans and also Benitez to begin with, but he was always quite clearly a very good player.

I was always a big fan of Steve. Although I probably liked him even more given that his competitin for a season was the execrable Josemi.

The fact is, I do tend to make decisions about players very quickly. And usually correctly. I called Henderson early, and he's been, sadly, even worse than I feared he would be.

We bought Finnan the season after he was voted the best RB in the Premiership; he was bizarrely underrated by some fans and also Benitez to begin with, but he was always quite clearly a very good player.

I was always a big fan of Steve. Although I probably liked him even more given that his competitin for a season was the execrable Josemi.

The fact is, I do tend to make decisions about players very quickly. And usually correctly. I called Henderson early, and he's been, sadly, even worse than I feared he would be.

Rather than inflict and drag down the forum with your endless shite on the subject,have you thought of emailing Kenny and Steve Clarke,maybe even CC Commoli on the mail ,to tell them how wrong they are .Im sure they'd rectify matters straight away once you tell them you've got 4000+ posts on the topic online,im sure they'll be impressed by your lack of a life ..If you haven't got their email addresses ,give your mate Dunc a ring ,he's bound to have them

Oh, OK.

It's sometimes difficult to tell what's serious and what isn't, especially on a Forum that has some mongs saying things like "I'd prefer Leon Britton in midfield to Yaya Toure" amongst many, many others.

The fact is, many people are desperate for our young £16m midfield hope to become a great player, but he won't.

He'll be, at best, "OK". And I worry about even that being attainable, because he's spineless.

go back 2 years ,search for one of the 5000000 Lucas threads and I'll bet you some of the wankers on this thread were saying the exact same thing about Lucas.Go back 5 years and they were saying the same about Steve Finnan.

Henderson needs a break from the first team,he's fuck all confidence ,is in poor form and playing isn't helping him right now

Mate - you dont have to look long to see the forum's favourite retard Silverlining saying the exact same thing about Lucas (in fact, at the start of this very thread he suggests Henderson would be a preference to him), which he banged on about incessantly, until he could no more (as Lucas got better). He then switched targets...

I dont normally give a fuck and only peruse this forum to catch up on gossip etc, but this retard stood out with his agenda against Lucas at the time and then again when he switched to Henderson. Wish he would fuck off.

I see parallels with Ronnie Whelan in his early career with us.

Fortunately for Ronnie,1) he didnt have the internet intellectuals to worry about to boost his confidence(sarcasm intended) and 2) he was fortunate enough to be playing in the best team around at that time.

He later went on to become the heart of another extremely successful team which was managed by our current manager who seems to have no clue how to manage or buy players!

I'd also cast your mind back to our last penalty shootout in the League Cup and judge how far we've come since then.

Fucking hell, 12 months ago it was Lucas. Granted he had a poor game yesterday but he wasn't on his own. The only one of our 4 midfielders to have a decent game was Downing. There would be probably more credence in criticising Stevie yesterday, by his own standards he was poor. It's just easier to criticise Henderson.

The fact is, I do tend to make decisions about players very quickly.

So do I and I see promise in Henderson.

He is athletic, has a good touch and good attitude.

He just needs to have more confidence in his ability and be more bold when tackling or in possession. But I think that will come with experience.

I don't think he should be a regular, but I also don't see how he can be written off, given his age and attributes.

Carroll is the player who disturbes me, because unlike Downing and Henderson - I don't think he has the talent.

Easily in the Top 10 worst midfielders to ever play for Liverpool.

What a display today. What a display. Hes the kind of player who gets managers sacked. Useless cunt.

And to think, you negged me with the comment "stop moaning or shut the fuck up".

The irony.

You are the new Rashid. He made a point and then repeated them over and over and over until nobody could stomach his posts and he became a figure of fun over the entire site - your on the same slipperly slope now.

Even as a Henderson fan, I'll admit he was poor yesterday but he wasn't the only one. At the end of the day we won and the last thing anybody should be doing is coming on a website gloating about one of our own players poor performances after we've won a trophy.

Numerous posters have pointed out your being a dick, heed their advice.

Edited by Paulie Gualtier

He's been poor when playing right midfield to be honest. Its still a problem position for us. But I've no doubt he will come through, he's just lacking in a bit of confidence to go and do his own thing. Would love him to put in a blinder and shut all the doubters well and truly up.