You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

Maybe, but for people hellbent on turning this forum into Rawk, where no deviation from the party-line is tolerated and discussion is constantly subverted, it's extremely useful to equate criticism with wanting us to lose.

It's simplistic and nonsensical, obviously, but useful nonetheless.

Of fuck off ,jesus H Come off the fucking stage..its shag all to do with towing the party line and well you fucking know it.Discussion is fine,and differing opinions is what makes this place ,or rather made it great becuase lets face it , its been shit for quite a while now,but most of these fuckflumps had their opinions set before the game kicked off and rejoice in being "proved right" and polarize their position even more when queried or questiond on it .

He seems overwhelmed most weeks.

Earlier in the season he seemed inconsistent, but at least he was having good games. The past month or so, he's just looked like playingfor Liverpool is too big for him.

He's playing out of position though. He's not a right winger. And when he has played in the middle of the park he's looked very good.

He seems overwhelmed most weeks.

Earlier in the season he seemed inconsistent, but at least he was having good games. The past month or so, he's just looked like playingfor Liverpool is too big for him.

go back 2 years ,search for one of the 5000000 Lucas threads and I'll bet you some of the wankers on this thread were saying the exact same thing about Lucas.Go back 5 years and they were saying the same about Steve Finnan.

Henderson needs a break from the first team,he's fuck all confidence ,is in poor form and playing isn't helping him right now

We're talking about a 21 year old lad, ok, it's young but it's not 16.

And let's be realistic, this is a lad who's been playing in front of crowds of 40,000 at Sunderland for a few years now, and latterly at Anfield. I can understand people being anxious about big occassions, but he wasn't getting married, he was playing a football game against Cardiff City and I didn't see any of them getting over-awed about it.

Again, this is a lad who's played for England Under 21's at big occassions, he's even played for the full England team not long ago at Wembley.

In terms of atmosphere's he's played for us againt the Mancs and was very good when he came on, likewise he's played against Everton, and also done the whole Tyne Wear derby thing.

If he's getting the sugar shits from meeting the Vice Chairman of Carling PLC and standing near some laughable pyrotechnics and then facing off against Peter Whittingham then he's not really cut out for top level sports at a club like this who want to be in much bigger finals on a much more regular basis.

I wish I was a Superfan.

Alas, I'm merely a fan who thinks that a manager is accountable for his expensive signings and his team selections.

As the previous one was held to be by Superfans. Even when he won things. Quite reasonably, in my view.

Ah, the old belittle someone with the "Superfan" tag just because they object when someone calls one of our own players a cunt minutes after we've won our first trophy in 6 years line.

Happy you must be to have the moral highground.

Of fuck off ,jesus H Come off the fucking stage..its shag all to do with towing the party line and well you fucking know it.Discussion is fine,and differing opinions is what makes this place ,or rather made it great becuase lets face it , its been shit for quite a while now,but most of these fuckflumps had their opinions set before the game kicked off and rejoice in being "proved right" and polarize their position even more when queried or questiond on it .

Who rejoices in seeing a player - any of our players - stuggling or simply not looking up to the task?

I have to say I don't. If Henderson turns it around, I'll be delighted. I'll also happily admit I was wrong. Because I don't rate the guy.

Time will tell. In the meantime, the debate continues...

Ah, the old belittle someone with the "Superfan" tag just because they object when someone calls one of our own players a cunt minutes after we've won our first trophy in 6 years line.

Happy you must be to have the moral highground.

I've never called Henderson a cunt. Why the hell would I? Good luck to him: once again, I hope he proves me wrong.

We're talking about a 21 year old lad, ok, it's young but it's not 16.

And let's be realistic, this is a lad who's been playing in front of crowds of 40,000 at Sunderland for a few years now, and latterly at Anfield. I can understand people being anxious about big occassions, but he wasn't getting married, he was playing a football game against Cardiff City and I didn't see any of them getting over-awed about it.

Again, this is a lad who's played for England Under 21's at big occassions, he's even played for the full England team not long ago at Wembley.

In terms of atmosphere's he's played for us againt the Mancs and was very good when he came on, likewise he's played against Everton, and also done the whole Tyne Wear derby thing.

If he's getting the sugar shits from meeting the Vice Chairman of Carling PLC and standing near some laughable pyrotechnics and then facing off against Peter Whittingham then he's not really cut out for top level sports at a club like this who want to be in much bigger finals on a much more regular basis.

So a 21 year old doesn't miss home,doesn't miss pals and family ,girlfriend and local chipper ?? Dunno bout you but I sure as fucking hell wasn't capable of it when I was 21.Failed and was home with my tail between my legs ...3 years later I was far more set up for it

The rest of your post screams " Polarised view,digging my heals in,will pick all sorts of ridicules topics to boost those opinions" christ ,for some reason I thought you had a clue,that last post makes me think you're mentally challenged

He's 21 ,in his first season at one of the biggest clubs in the world,in poor form and lacking confidence ..It happens like. Suarez wasn'yt exactly firing on all cyliners either yeasterday ...whats his excuse ??

So a 21 year old doesn't miss home,doesn't miss pals and family ,girlfriend and local chipper ?? Dunno bout you but I sure as fucking hell wasn't capable of it when I was 21.Failed and was home with my tail between my legs ...3 years later I was far more set up for it

The rest of your post screams " Polarised view,digging my heals in,will pick all sorts of ridicules topics to boost those opinions" christ ,for some reason I thought you had a clue,that last post makes me think you're mentally challenged

He's 21 ,in his first season at one of the biggest clubs in the world,in poor form and lacking confidence ..It happens like. Suarez wasn'yt exactly firing on all cyliners either yeasterday ...whats his excuse ??

Difference is he's good most weeks, and ALWAYS takes responsibility.

What's his natural position?

And if he isn't playing there, is it Kenny who's doing wrong?

centre midfield

we don't seem to have had any better options on the right (well Maxi is but never starts and if he does its on the left) Kuyt and Downing have started doing better recently but have been appalling most of the season, Henderson is going through that spell now but the experience will do him good in the long run, not saying he'll ever be as good but he reminds me of Iniesta when he first broke through with all the ability but wrong decisions and a lack of confidence

I'm glad that Bellamy tucked in when he came on for Henderson.

Mind you, Kenny was a complete cunt for taking Henderson off, he's doing nothing wrong, why pick on him, he's a young lad.

I/m not in the business of lamabasting a player based on one performance, it's not the done thing, but this is fast approaching the straw that broke the camels back. If we had no other options on the bench then I'd not care, but Bellamy and Maxi and Kuyt are sitting there watching this lad play one-two's with someone 3 yards away and then come inside before passing to a centre back.

As far as bad performances go, it was bad, but no worse then Gerrard's or Adam's particularly. But I've seen more from Adam to know that he's worth sticking with. Henderson is different though because it seems like a real long-term aim, that of replacing Gerrard in the middle, and it could be 3 years before we're supposed to see any real benefit from the lad in that case. That doesn't mean that he's the solution to the right midfield position.

Difference is he's good most weeks, and ALWAYS takes responsibility.

Like the resposibilty of a inetrnational striker taking a penalty ......jesus ,at least think before you post .

ythe point I was TRYING to make is that in my opinion ,the occasion also got to Suarez

Henderson was overawed at wembley? Well what was the excuse of the more experienced and older Charlie Adam or the previously very good Jose Enrique or even Andy Carroll?

He didnt play well out of position but neither did half of the rest of the team.

I'd prefer to see Henderson occupying the Lucas role allowing Gerrard to get further forward myself. He did well there in last 20 minutes at Old Toilet.

Josef Svejk said....

''Alas, I'm merely a fan who thinks that a manager is accountable for his expensive signings and his team selections''.

he is accountable and he has a big silver trophy in the profit column. i dont understand what your problem is. if we are in exactly the same boat in 2 years time then fair enough, but at the moment things are going in the right direction. you dont just sign 5/6 players and start challenging for the title after being total shite for 2 seasons. it takes time.

If you read the last ten pages or so, they're not dominated by discussing the merits of the opinion, they're dominated by people rejecting other people's right to express their opinion. I don't care if someone thinks playing Henderson is in the club's best long-term interests, I do care if I'm not allowed, in turn, to critique his performances without having my loyalty questioned.

So you cant call a player for being shit no matter what!

Fuck off you utter tool.

There is a difference saying someone is playing shit, and just labelling him as a useless cunt everyday.

It's tedious, it's boring and it pisses me off that I pay a subscription for someone to ruin the very experience I signed up for.