You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

He will always be an ordinary player who doesn't really do anything particularly well, but 'OK' players who work hard and run about a lot have value.

But the lack of bottle/ spine/ bollocks and reluctance to get stuck in really fucking infuriates me

He's the Invisible Shithouse

Gutless disgrace... Invisible Shithouse, what a clueless mong you are, if he's the invisible shithouse your quite clearly the visible cunt.

I think this season was always going to be a learning curve for him

He'll be much much better next season when he's got a medal or two in his bag and he feels liks a Liverpool player.

Remember Lucas took time to morph in to the monster that he is now.

Exactly, he'll soon stamp he authority once he settles in, he just seems a bit nervous, he looks totally different when playing for the under 21's, he plays more attack minded, it's understandable at the moment he's only 21 it's a huge move for him, I think he's going to be class.

People saying he's careful and plays the easy pass, why moan at that ? At least he's not fucking around playing Hollywood balls and giving it back to the oppo...

I think we'll see a different player next season for the better as well, I like him a lot.

He will always be an ordinary player who doesn't really do anything particularly well, but 'OK' players who work hard and run about a lot have value.

But the lack of bottle/ spine/ bollocks and reluctance to get stuck in really fucking infuriates me

He's the Invisible Shithouse

You probably said the same about Lucas. You haven't got a clue what being a Liverpool supporter is about.

Lots of people have called him invisible, and urged him to grow a set of bollocks

It isn't just me

Charlie Adam has been called far, far worse, but at least he tries to make the difficult pass, takes risks, and doesnt absolve himself of responsibility

Or Charlie Adam tries to play the hollywood ball all the time, is greedy and doesn't pass, and gives away stupid fouls because he is too slow, and unaware to anticipate.

Just as valid!

It wasn't Henderson who let Reo Coker run past him for the second goal, it wasn't Henderson who left a huge gaping whole for the first goal, it wasn't Henderson who took the wrong option and didn't pass when we broke against Fulham, Wigan, Villa and Bolton! Something Adam does a lot, he is always getting caught in possesion.

It wasn't Henderson who sliced the ball into the back of his own net, nor was it Henderson who could have given a penalty away by being casual and not seeing Dzeko.

It wasn't Henderson who needlesly got sent off against Tottenham after 30 minutes.

Other than being poor on the right (not his fault) Henerdson hasn't done an awful lot wrong. I think you are being harsh on him. Ready Salted was a cruel but apt description.

Look, I'm not saying Charlie Adam is without his flaws. He has several. But he gets a dog's abuse, whereas Henderson seems to be immune to it

He's as invisible on the forum as he is on the pitch, and laughably overrated by many, who seem to think he will somehow develop into a world class player, when it is brutally obvious that he won't

Look, I'm not saying Charlie Adam is without his flaws. He has several. But he gets a dog's abuse, whereas Henderson seems to be immune to it

He's as invisible on the forum as he is on the pitch, and laughably overrated by many, who seem to think he will somehow develop into a world class player, when it is brutally obvious that he won't

I do like him, however I do agree with you in that I don't think he has done anything that stands out, but I do think he can become a very good footballer.

I do like him, however I do agree with you in that I don't think he has done anything that stands out, but I do think he can become a very good footballer.

Charlie Adam is a shambles whereas Henderson has quite a few positive attributes. Adam won't be at Liverpool past the end of next season. Henderson will be here a few years, and rightly so.

I can't believe how poor Adam is. I thought he was a lot better. I was well wrong.

Charlie Adam is a shambles whereas Henderson has quite a few positive attributes. Adam won't be at Liverpool past the end of next season. Henderson will be here a few years, and rightly so.

I can't believe how poor Adam is. I thought he was a lot better. I was well wrong.

I don't know what you expected from Adam. Downing is the same. Both ok, decent players. Admittedly they've both been performing under the level they're capable of, but that's a different thread

What Henderson has delivered so far isnt really that far from his best either, and he isn't suddenly going to grow some bollocks and start tackling

He's mentally weak and lacks bottle. You can't develop those.

He isnt a defensive midfielder though mate, we are using him in the wrong way. He cant play in the centre in a 4-4-2 thats obvious

He should always be played further forward in a freer role like he did at backpool, in a 4-2-3-1

And that should only happen when gerrard needs a rest, is injured or we need to make a sub.

He is only 26, has helped us get to our first cup final in 5 years, and has a chance of winning something in his first season

I dont understand what some fans expected this year?

He is helping the club progress nicely, lets give him and henderson a break...

Looking how Lucas has turned it around just proves that you can improve so much as a player, Henderson will be class and is only 21 who has 5 years younger than Adam who's approaching his peak, Henderson looks a lot more suited to CM I can't believe he's been shifted out wide to compensate Adam, who started off ok but has got worse other than the ball he put in for Dirk he did nothing.

Lots of people have called him invisible, and urged him to grow a set of bollocks

It isn't just me

Charlie Adam has been called far, far worse, but at least he tries to make the difficult pass, takes risks, and doesnt absolve himself of responsibility

Have to agree with this. Adam has been slagged but he had a decent game yesterday, and has shown his worth in some games just gone off the boil.

I dont see it with Henderson. He did fuck all 1st half and the game passed him by. What are his strengths? He is flat footed too and runs funny. Who has made it being flat footed with ten to two feet apart from Pires??

I don't know what you expected from Adam. Downing is the same. Both ok, decent players. Admittedly they've both been performing under the level they're capable of, but that's a different thread

What Henderson has delivered so far isnt really that far from his best either, and he isn't suddenly going to grow some bollocks and start tackling

He's mentally weak and lacks bottle. You can't develop those.

I thought Adam would be better defensively. I knew he wasn't the most mobile of chaps but didn't think he was quite this bad. He has no defensive capabilities and is fucking greedy. I thought his passing and deadballs would be better also as thats what I believed we were paying for. Yep, Downing is about what I expected and I didn't expect a lot. I'll give Henderson time though. He's young and I can see positive things there.

He's miles better than Lucas was when he got into the team. And look what a player he has turned out to be?

Have to agree with this. Adam has been slagged but he had a decent game yesterday, and has shown his worth in some games just gone off the boil.

I dont see it with Henderson. He did fuck all 1st half and the game passed him by. What are his strengths? He is flat footed too and runs funny. Who has made it being flat footed with ten to two feet apart from Pires??

Oh do fuck off

your in the first 11 , of dickheads, who have never played football and come here and talk like you know anything

"runs funny" what a fucking dumb thing to say, next you will mention that his boots arent complementing his eyes

silly poof

Oh do fuck off

your in the first 11 , of dickheads, who have never played football and come here and talk like you know anything

"runs funny" what a fucking dumb thing to say, next you will mention that his boots arent complementing his eyes

silly poof

Stop insulting people.

Make your point and have your opinion, but there is no need for the insults.

He isnt a defensive midfielder though mate, we are using him in the wrong way. He cant play in the centre in a 4-4-2 thats obvious

He should always be played further forward in a freer role like he did at backpool, in a 4-2-3-1

And that should only happen when gerrard needs a rest, is injured or we need to make a sub.

He played in a 3 last night and was still rubbish. The way he gave away the ball and then failed to track De Jong for his goal was shambolic. He is not mobile or creative enough to play in the middle of an attacking 3 either. He's out of his depth at Liverpool.

You probably said the same about Lucas. You haven't got a clue what being a Liverpool supporter is about.

I am not sure if this is a piss-take, but you are spot on: he did, of course only until general consensus was that Lucas is key to our midfield and it became obvious how much we missed him when he was injured, then he found a new scapegoat. I think he must have been bullied at school. Wouldn't particularly mind but it is so boring and repetitive - and often misguided. He even has this funny nickname for him - Ready Salted - I am sure you must have picked up on it. Well silverlining me old matey, I have a crisp flavour for you - Prawn Cocktail - because you are a cunt :yes:

Gerrards ten to two, he's not flat footed but he's ten to two.

He played in a 3 last night and was still rubbish. The way he gave away the ball and then failed to track De Jong for his goal was shambolic. He is not mobile or creative enough to play in the middle of an attacking 3 either. He's out of his depth at Liverpool.

He isnt mobile enough i do agree with you there

And the de jong goal was his fault, shit control and then got sucked in trying to tackle silva

Out of his depth though? thats abit strong, its his first season at a big club. He shouldnt start as many games as he does thats for sure.

I think he would be a good sub in games where we struggle to create or need a goal. At 26 he is worth keeping for abit longer (like you say end of next season..if he doesnt improve get rid)

Lets not forget how much that city midefield cost and the calibre of players he was up against.