You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

My view is that the lad is still a bit like a rabbit in the headlights in the Liverpool midfield you can see when he plays for England he is settled and can play his game and look very good in doing so. He is very young to be thrown into a top 4 sides midfield engine and it will take him a season to settle and believe he is good enough, performances like yesterday can only quicken that process we have been through it with Lucas to know that it is worth it to stick with these players because when they settle they are very very important to this football club

My view is that the lad is still a bit like a rabbit in the headlights in the Liverpool midfield you can see when he plays for England he is settled and can play his game and look very good in doing so. He is very young to be thrown into a top 4 sides midfield engine and it will take him a season to settle and believe he is good enough, performances like yesterday can only quicken that process we have been through it with Lucas to know that it is worth it to stick with these players because when they settle they are very very important to this football club

Good post. Think it sums up where hes at.

It was said above and I said it myself a few weeks ago. The lad is the new scapegoat, the same way Lucas was. He's going to turn into an excellent player.

Like all young players, he will have some good games, so ok games and some crap games. But as he gets older and gets more games under his belt he will improve the same way Lucas has done. Support the lad.

The lad will prove to be a gem, I have no doubt. Much is made of the Liverpool Way, well buying players who fit a system rather than ready-made superstars was the Liverpool Way, same goes for Adam - nobody knows this better than Dalglish (who was the exception to the rule). The mancs built their sides around two-three 'stars', and that's why they won fuck all for so long.

I like the lad and think he has had a solid start for us.He has not excelled yet and is playing out of position wide on the right.

If he plays in a midfield three he will do well.

I'm glad we got him now,we paid a bit too much but in a couple of years I think we will all be happy with him.

The lad will prove to be a gem, I have no doubt. Much is made of the Liverpool Way, well buying players who fit a system rather than ready-made superstars was the Liverpool Way, same goes for Adam - nobody knows this better than Dalglish (who was the exception to the rule). The mancs built their sides around two-three 'stars', and that's why they won fuck all for so long.

Agree 100% but we now live in an era where the TV and internet fan demands instant success. Henderson, Lucas, Carroll are all youngsters and still learning their trade and yet there are people on this forum already writing them off. It is an exceptional player that prior to the age of 24/25 is a success from day 1.

He looks a different player in the middle. When he plays out right he just looks very uncomfortable. When he plays more central he looks so much more assured.

I know people have said Sunderland fans said his best position is out wide but christ its hard to believe that when he looks so much better centrally.

He looks a different player in the middle. When he plays out right he just looks very uncomfortable. When he plays more central he looks so much more assured.

I know people have said Sunderland fans said his best position is out wide but christ its hard to believe that when he looks so much better centrally.

I don’t know where you get that from, every Sunderland fan I’ve ever spoke to since he moved says he’s a central midfielder.

I don’t know where you get that from, every Sunderland fan I’ve ever spoke to since he moved says he’s a central midfielder.

I've seen a few people on here say that Sunderland fans thought he was best on the right.

Funny I thought the same as you that I had read Sunderland fans say he was best in central midfield.

He's a young lad who was clearly a bit overawed in the first few games, signed for a lot of money and feeling the pressure, as well as being played out of his natural comfort zone positionally.

I think he is gradually settling in, graduall getting better, and gaining the confidence to exert himself on games. I thought his sub appearance against chelsea last week was really positive and said to my mate leaving anfield at the weekend that i thought the city game was his best full performance and he was involved throughout.

I dont think he was quite as invovled last night, but i still thought he did well. Playing out wide he'll never stand out as he's not that sort of player, but his actions were more positive and more purposeful than earlier in the season.

While the comment about margin for error on the pass is right, and the defending meant it wouldve been a shocker to mess up, it was still testament to his technique and confidence in himself that the pass was perfectly weighted to Bellamy's run, letting him not have to break stride or change his route. Margin for error on the pass i agree with, but we've seen those sorts of chances break down because a pass is overhit or played too wide, stalling the attack just long enough to be harmful.

All in all, I'm much more positive about Jordan now than i was 4 or 5 weeks ago, and while i still recognise he has a hell of a way to go yet - and still a decent way before he's first XI standard - he's on the right tracks, certainly.

I think we have to be particularly patient with the younger signings we make, expecially home grown ones. There's only a couple of years difference between Henderson and Suarez, but one has left his home behind years ago, played and captained major clubs and at international tournaments, while the other still likely pops home to his ma's for sunday lunch and has nothing like the life experience to fall back on. I thikn we need to remember that, when we're giving shit out to lads years younger than we are, with pressure's we can only dream about (even if we'd rather swap our pressures for theirs)