You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

London looking like Mogadishu...

Salou

I think the fear for people who live there is that this could cause wider unrest. London strikes me as a powder keg when it comes to gang culture and general teenage scum. It won't take much to drag them out of the stairwells and into the high street.

I'm not sure. They're generally feckless, lazy, stupid, vioent cunts who hate other gangs from different postcodes more than they hate the Police.

There's no organisation or twisted moral code or leadership.

This isn't the fucking Warriors.

Notice how it always seems to kick off during summer? Warm evenings. Nothing on telly. Nothing to do.

As soon as the weather dips or they get a hankering for some weed and fried chicken, it'll all be over and they can go back to stabbing and shooting eachother for laughable acts of "disrespect" and releasing inept attempts at rapping about their gang "Street Dem Boys Murder Crew Proper" or whatever.

As long as no real people get injured, who cares.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Lammy came across very well then on the beeb news channel.

That other prick didn't though. Seemed to think an investigation takes 5 minutes and the Police are able to even talk about an ongoing investigation. Thick cunt.

I actually think there should be riots often, (mostly corporate property damage.) the only problem is that people get injured so often. One thing's for sure, and that's that this government and every one before it for a long, long time has taken the piss out of the people it should serve. Fuck them.

The government are servants/stewards, not lords, and it needs drumming into the cunts. Albeit without injuries, by people that are smart. The only problem is that we seem to lack those people and usually have a bunch of clueless clowns causing problems instead.

Edited by Red Phoenix

As soon as the weather dips or they get a hankering for some weed and fried chicken, it'll all be over and they can go back to stabbing and shooting eachother for laughable acts of "disrespect" and releasing inept attempts at rapping about their gang "Street Dem Boys Murder Crew Proper" or whatever.

As long as no real people get injured, who cares.

:D spot on.

Thie is where I struggle with my views on the death penalty. Whilst I find it utterly abhorrent that a country systematically executes its own citizens, I'd have had absolutely no problem at all if the police had waded in with machine guns and rid the world of that fucking scum last night.

So, you find it abhorrent that people can be tried and found guilty before being killed, but you're OK with people being killed regardless of whether they're guilty or not?

That other prick didn't though. Seemed to think an investigation takes 5 minutes and the Police are able to even talk about an ongoing investigation. Thick cunt.

An investigation apparently takes less than 5 minutes. Some of the posters on this thread have already done their investigation and concluded that the bloke who was shot had it coming and that everyone on the streets also should have been shot.

What is it with black folk and looting? First Katrina, now the Tottenham riots. This is a very bad reflection on the Afro-Caribbean community of London.

Okay it wasn't just blacks, Turks, Albanians and other assorted ethnicities as well as white chavs were also involved. But the TV pictures were pretty damning and captured mainly black youths running amok

What is it with black folk and looting? First Katrina, now the Tottenham riots. This is a very bad reflection on the Afro-Caribbean community of London.

Okay it wasn't just blacks, Turks, Albanians and other assorted ethnicities as well as white chavs were also involved. But the TV pictures were pretty damning and captured mainly black youths running amok

"black folk"

An investigation apparently takes less than 5 minutes. Some of the posters on this thread have already done their investigation and concluded that the bloke who was shot had it coming and that everyone on the streets also should have been shot.

Of course your right these people were obviously removing goods from shops to save them being burnt once the rest of the hood rats torched the places. Good upstanding citizens.

Guest davelfc

Government will love this, they're expecting some more protests and discontent at some stage (not saying this is linked) and they'll no doubt now push through some extra powers for the police that result in a loss of liberty to use at a later stage.

Me, I'd CS gas the fuckers, use water cannons too. I've used baton rounds (rubber bullets) and those feckers can kill so I wouldn't use them. Just snuff this shit out because it's mindless idiots causing criminal damage on a massive scale.

Quite a few innocent people have had their businesses ruined here, so it's not right to say that nobody has been hurt by this.

Couldn't agree more.

There is a fucking elephant in the living room which people are choosing to ignore in that large parts of society are completely disenfranchised from regular society. Hundreds of thousands of people in London alone, millions throughtout the country have no job, but worse still have no experience of work and little to no skills to offer an employer.

Of course you will get cunts taking advantage of this shooting in London (as you did with the so called riots in Bristol and the students) and they need to be dealt with accordingly. However, and it's a fucking big, however. Just viewing the situation as 'some cunts taking advantage' resolves nothing, increases frustration and a sense of hopelesness.

It also plays right into the hands of the right wing media to push for an even more right wing government.

Good post.

The reason we won't have the debate though is because the Government don't want the answers. It's the same when they talk about youth crime, knife crime, the health divide between rich and poor, and binge-drinking - the reason we never have these debates are because the problems are all caused by the financial system itself. There's probably not a city in the world where the injustices created by that system are as open and obvious as London. On one street you'll find a rich banker on a million pound a year wage, on another you'll find a single mother trying to bring up a teenage kid on a shit cleaning wage.

For the Government it's a balancing act. They want to perpetuate a system that is grossly unjust, but if it pushes too far then people riot. The solution is to keep them distracted. Expect to see a Garden Festival built in Tottenham sometime soon.

It's not ricket science really, it's just that those that pull the strings don't want to know.

indexhealthsocial_notts.jpg

So, you find it abhorrent that people can be tried and found guilty before being killed, but you're OK with people being killed regardless of whether they're guilty or not?

If you're standing with a scarf round your face whilst smashing in Comet's window with a paving slab you're pretty fucking guilty. Ok we probably shouldn't shoot looters yet but scumbags setting light to cars or to shops which have people living above them requires a tactical reaction. These aren't people who have been arrested and put on trial for a crime, these are people who are putting other peoples' lives in immediate danger and the police should be able to use any methods to stop them. If that method is a machine gun, so be it.

What get's me is that these rarfs smash the place up, set fire to the cars, burn down the houses and leave the place looking like a right shit hole.

However it's their place, their own cars and their own houses and shops they are destroying. And who's gonna have to live in that shit hole ? They are !

If the coppers aren't free to just let rip with the heavy artillery, perhaps they should just send out one guy with a megaphone : "Knock yerself out ladies. Tarra.". Then the police can just pack up and go home, letting these spastics get on with destroying their own neighbourhood.

Mind you, how long until these malcontents play the joker : "But the area is so run down, there's nothing here for young people to do...that's why we go around stabbing each other."

Government will love this

You can always be sure that if they do there's probably a link. Still remember the day of that mass protest when Miliband was speaking and it conveniently cut to those guys causing shit just after he'd started. It did a little more than just make me wonder. (and did we ever see his full speech, no matter how bumbling it might've been? Of course not.)

Mainly because Cameron and his guys are 99% truly corrupt. What they'd have done without silver spoons and good old Eton I'll never know. They've given us the short sharp shock treatment with their cuts, lets hope they get more or less instant karma and see how they squirm. Can't be far off if so. Maybe it depends on how much Murdoch loves them.

Of course your right these people were obviously removing goods from shops to save them being burnt once the rest of the hood rats torched the places. Good upstanding citizens.

Is that in anyway related to anything I said?*

I can't - and won't - say anything about the guilt or innocence of the bloke who was shot. In this case, the Police are quite right to start an investigation and keep schtum about it. (Maybe they've learned from how badly they mishandled the PR in the aftermath of the killings of the "terrorist" Jean Charles de Menezes and the "aggressive drunk" Ian Tomlinson).

As for the rioters - again, I'm reserving judgement until I get more facts. There might actually be some truth in what a local shopkeeper was saying on the BBC about people looting because they're poor. (I mean, why else would you rob from Iceland or Lidl?)

(*The answer's no, in case you're a bit stumped.)

Do black folk annoy you?

NaggerGuy.jpg

Thats_Racist_DeColores.gif

What get's me is that these rarfs smash the place up, set fire to the cars, burn down the houses and leave the place looking like a right shit hole.

However it's their place, their own cars and their own houses and shops they are destroying. And who's gonna have to live in that shit hole ? They are !

If the coppers aren't free to just let rip with the heavy artillery, perhaps they should just send out one guy with a megaphone : "Knock yerself out ladies. Tarra.". Then the police can just pack up and go home, letting these spastics get on with destroying their own neighbourhood.

Mind you, how long until these malcontents play the joker : "But the area is so run down, there's nothing here for young people to do...that's why we go around stabbing each other."

Or is it?

Local MP and Leader of the Council reckon the rioters weren't from the area. Same old story: blame the OOTs!

Guest Jon Snow

Do we care that a KFC and a maccy Ds or any major retailers/food stores got burnt ? smashed up ? really ?

I don't, I am sure it was karma. You don't get rich in life with out shitting on someone along the way, Karma is a big fucking bitch.