You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

London looking like Mogadishu...

Salou

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I hate how certain types see this kind of thing as an opportunity to loot shops. That has nothing to do with the shooting and the death of a young man, they're just scum.

Whilst it's fair to take aim at those opportunist criminals, it's also important to remember that it is the result of socio-economic condition.

Whilst it's fair to take aim at those opportunist criminals, it's also important to remember that it is the result of socio-economic condition.

I don't fully understand what that means so I'm going to continue with my ill-educated finger-pointing:

I don't have a telly either but I wouldn't go and rob one just because the opportunity rises. They should all get jobs, stop smoking drugs (because they probably were at the time) and generally pull their socks up

Well that's what they are saying. I heard he was a cab driver ? Also the bullet he was meant to have fired hit a police guys radio ? fuck off more they shot him 2 times and fired a gun into their own radio and planted a weapon on him.

Btw this isn't what I really think, Or is it ? Bit pissed atm, can't decided....

What the fuck? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?! Get a grip.

I hate how certain types see this kind of thing as an opportunity to loot shops. That has nothing to do with the shooting and the death of a young man, they're just scum.

Pretty much sums it up.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
They should all get jobs

Unemployment in Tottenham has risen to an all time high. Apparently, there's 54 people going for every job. The same thing is happening in other parts of London. The situation is starting to bubble, if not totally boil over.

Unemployment in Tottenham has risen to an all time high. Apparently, there's 54 people going for every job. The same thing is happening in other parts of London. The situation is starting to bubble, if not totally boil over.

I watched a report on Sky News a few days ago that reportedly one million young people are getting dismayed about not being able to get a job.

You can easily multiply that figure easily by 5 or a lot more.

It's fucking grim out there at the moment and is only gonna get worse.

Yes, because they're rioting. Obviously.

Mentalist.

The police gave them the excuse they needed to riot.

As with the student riots, there was fuck all planning and non-existent police intelligence. Even Stevie Wonder could see it was gonna kick off.

Most of these shops that have been completely desecrated, are small businesses and families that live above these. Nothing like the shit that went down in central London.

The police gave them the excuse they needed to riot.

As with the student riots, there was fuck all planning and non-existent police intelligence. Even Stevie Wonder could see it was gonna kick off.

Most of these shops that have been completely desecrated, are small businesses and families that live above these. Nothing like the shit that went down in central London.

Let me get this straight. The police got fired upon, and returned fire... and yet, they gave them the excuse they needed to riot?

No, being shithouse cunts with Biscan's shithouse aids was all that was necessary for a riot. You can't blame the police for a riot, but you can blame the police for improper response to a riot.

Duuuh. Dey shot ma mate innit, so I is gonna, laahke, smashup dis carpet-right shop innit.

Fucking pond life.

Thie is where I struggle with my views on the death penalty. Whilst I find it utterly abhorrent that a country systematically executes its own citizens, I'd have had absolutely no problem at all if the police had waded in with machine guns and rid the world of that fucking scum last night.

As for "repairs coming out of the police budget" - yeah, that'll solve everything won't it. Get back to your daily star, idiot.

The Met police are fucking awful, just fucking awful. It was the same with the student protests, their policing tactics veer wildly from some mad-cap 'don't upset anyone and let them destroy things to' 'keep everyone together until they need a shit and let them dissipate gradually'.

The right wing press will be doing everything they can to stop the publicity,as they did with the Bristol riots recently.

The tories are terrified of this being viewed as a rerun of 1981.

The Bristol 'riots' were a fucking joke mate, it had nothing to do with this tory government and juast as little to do with class.

I think the fear for people who live there is that this could cause wider unrest. London strikes me as a powder keg when it comes to gang culture and general teenage scum. It won't take much to drag them out of the stairwells and into the high street.

I think the fear for people who live there is that this could cause wider unrest. London strikes me as a powder keg when it comes to gang culture and general teenage scum. It won't take much to drag them out of the stairwells and into the high street.

Couldn't agree more.

There is a fucking elephant in the living room which people are choosing to ignore in that large parts of society are completely disenfranchised from regular society. Hundreds of thousands of people in London alone, millions throughtout the country have no job, but worse still have no experience of work and little to no skills to offer an employer.

Of course you will get cunts taking advantage of this shooting in London (as you did with the so called riots in Bristol and the students) and they need to be dealt with accordingly. However, and it's a fucking big, however. Just viewing the situation as 'some cunts taking advantage' resolves nothing, increases frustration and a sense of hopelesness.

It also plays right into the hands of the right wing media to push for an even more right wing government.

Edited by lifetime fan
can't spell for siht.