You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

London looking like Mogadishu...

Salou

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jon Snow
For once I'm actually compelled to use a smiley to sum up my reaction to this statement = :lol:

The naivety is making me laugh.

I think someone looted Sloans brain, not sure why tho it be like raiding a shop for one of these.

old-mobiles.jpg

When there is loads of these smart phones about.

Guest Jon Snow
Yes Jon. Yes we do. Because people, normal people who work hard to make a living work in these places. People who take pride in their work and who like their jobs and enjoy providing the service they provide. I work for a massive company and if I went under a bus tomorrow they wouldn't miss me but if I went in tomorrow to find that some shitstains had smashed up my workplace I'd be fucking annoyed as I take pride in what I do.

Yes but its all cause and effect, Government fuck with the poor, the rich get burnt. Its only happened like a few million times over history of mankind. I just don't get why people are shocked.

I take your point on about the jobs Lurtz, but there is more to blame here then a bunch of thugs in London.

Forensics suggesting that the bullet found in the police radio was police issue. No current evidence that police were fired upon by Mark Duggan as originally suggested. You'd think they would have learnt over recent years to say nothing rather than release lies to the media

However it's still got nothing to do with the mass vandalism & burglary that's going on

Guest Jon Snow

Any ways I challenge anyone to tell me that this isn't 1. fucked up 2. prove capitalism isn't working.

Went into the big asda other day right it was a Friday. They was pulling down of the shelves in the fruit and veg section massive amounts of food, I mean like fucking huge amounts. You could have fed 1000 hunger children with it, I asked why and they said it was out of date.

Just think the price of food at the moment, its going up I went shopping on Monday spent £100 and had to go out on Friday and spend another £100 just to feed my family for the week. £200 is a fucking joke.

We as a family don't even eat that much, the world needs to fucking change before this shit gets even more real.

Yes but its all cause and effect, Government fuck with the poor, the rich get burnt. Its only happened like a few million times over history of mankind. I just don't get why people are shocked.

I take your point on about the jobs Lurtz, but there is more to blame here then a bunch of thugs in London.

No idea why you've brought that up but my post was in response to you asking if anyone really gives a fuck that fast food outlets were targeted. I said yes because people like to go to work.

Guest Jon Snow
Fuck me, what are buying to get a bill like that. I have had to shop on the cheap before and could sort us out for £200/250 a month easily.

Just fresh fruit, veg , meat ect we make our own meals. I don't want my son growing up on processed foods.

I am at the moment growing my own food tho, so should reduce some of the cost. Also baby stuff, wet wipes ect ect are so expensive.

I spend less than £200 a month on food and drink. Around £40 a week for me, my wife and 2 dogs.

Fuck me food must be a lot cheaper in the north atm.

Tell you what, fucked if I'd ever be a copper me. Must be all sorts of know nowts on your case 24hrs a day telling you exactly where you're going wrong and how useless you are. Gotta be the most thankless job going, has to be. Are they on big money?

Worst of it is, when there are buildings and even Police cars burning, the Police still have a duty of care for the people on the street (rioters and bystanders alike) to ensure their safety. That's a twat of a job and I don't envy them one bit.

And by the same token other people in government and the media will throw out words like poverty and deprivation in the context of a riot in Tottenham in which no food was stolen. Although consumer electronic devices were very popular.

Both sides are bullshitting. Over-simplifying in order to advance their agenda or their narcissism.

One thing is for sure, and not often commented on, is that if you can convince people that they cannot succeed because the system makes it impossible. They will not succeed. Ironic, eh?

People looted Iceland and Lidl for consumer electronics?

(Damn those oversimplifiers, eh!)

Guest Jon Snow
People looted Iceland and Lidl for consumer electronics?

(Damn those oversimplifiers, eh!)

They had one video of a 12 year old boy with shopping trolly full of food and the news presenter was like this is utterly wrong.

Yeah says you earning 70k a year in you nice little office.

End of day people rarely steal unless they need too. Its basic logic, I am hungry, police are busy, I will steal some food or TVs to sell for money to buy food.

Forensics suggesting that the bullet found in the police radio was police issue. No current evidence that police were fired upon by Mark Duggan as originally suggested. You'd think they would have learnt over recent years to say nothing rather than release lies to the media

However it's still got nothing to do with the mass vandalism & burglary that's going on

Where's this coming from mate?

[Disclaimer: The contents of this link do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the poster, because he can't be arsed to read it all.]

Tottenham unrest a sympton of Tory Britain / Britain / Home - Morning Star

Riot-scarred Tottenham began picking up the pieces today from a night of violence that local trade unionists warned could erupt anywhere in Britain due to unemployment and social alienation.

Fires still smouldered following running battles through streets in the north London borough of Haringey.

Reports of injuries including stabbings among members of the public could not be confirmed today however two police officers were hospitalised and 24 others injured in the fighting.

At least 42 people were arrested.

Haringey Trades Council secretary Keith Flett was one of many local community leaders working to calm the area down after peaceful protests over a fatal police shooting spiralled into violence on Saturday night.

But he warned that communities across Britain were facing the same problems with the whole country "going back again" to the '70s and '80s.

"It happened here but it could happen anywhere.

"I don't think it's anything unique about Tottenham," he said.

The rioting broke out following a march by around 300 residents to Tottenham police station over the shooting dead of local father of four Mark Duggan by an officer on Thursday night.

Mr Duggan had been a passenger in a minicab pulled over by police around 6.15pm on Ferry Lane Bridge in Tottenham Hale in what was called a "pre-planned" event under Operation Trident, which investigates gun crime in the African and Caribbean communities.

It is understood that Mr Duggan was shot twice in the face with a submachine gun, while an officer shot once in the chest was saved by the bullet jamming in his radio. It is unclear who shot the officer.

The incident has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission but locals angry at the authorities' muted response gathered at Mr Duggan's home on the Broadwater Farm housing estate and marched to Tottenham police station.

It is unclear how the clashes began but within hours the streets resembled a warzone, with shops burgled and buildings and vehicles including police cars and a double-decker bus torched.

Looting spread to the nearby Tottenham Hale Retail park with high-street stores such as Currys targeted.

Mr Flett said today that it was ironic that a police operation to prevent violence had actually managed to provoke it.

There was "obviously a lot of anger" following Mr Duggan's death but tensions had been breeding for a while, he said.

Haringey has one of London's highest official unemployment rates at 8.8 per cent.

There is just one vacancy for every 54 jobseeker for every job in the borough.

Mr Flett said there were problems with gun crime and knife crime but the borough was also suffering from a brutal economy and cuts to public services.

Just last week it lost eight of its 13 youth clubs to the Con-Dem cuts.

Local teenagers told reporters that the closures would fuel gang violence and rioting, Mr Flett said.

His concerns were echoed by Labour mayoral candidate Ken Livingstone.

"The economic stagnation and cuts being imposed by the Tory government inevitably create social division," warned Mr Livingstone.

"As when Margaret Thatcher imposed such policies during her recessions this creates the threat of people losing control, acting in completely unacceptable ways that threaten everyone, and culminating in events of the type we saw in Tottenham."

Guest Jon Snow
Well that's what they are saying. I heard he was a cab driver ? Also the bullet he was meant to have fired hit a police guys radio ? fuck off more they shot him 2 times and fired a gun into their own radio and planted a weapon on him.

Btw this isn't what I really think, Or is it ? Bit pissed atm, can't decided....

I go back to my original idea then.