You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

27 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Remember when they bought Gomes, Digne and Mina from Barcelona? Not only had they won the transfer window, but they even made a banner saying “We shop in Catalan, Reds shop at Matalan”. I wonder how the makers of that banner are feeling now.

I hadn't heard of that banner. To be fair, it's a good one, just not with hindsight! 

40 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, I know that. Which I think shows a sense of humour. There should be more of this type of thing rather than all the other bitter shit we have to put up with. 

That would be nice. When you chat to most blues particularly the older ones it’s more of this nature. 
On a separate point, a popular comment in the guardian says Emma Hayes should be given a chance to manage if Frank de Tory gets sacked. I agree.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm very torn on them going down. It's funny as fuck, but I've got 2 bloo nephews, and one of them is only 10. It'll warp the poor little sods mind if they go down.

My kid is a blue but a massive part of me wants them down. Not my fault he made the wrong choice. Live and learn kiddo. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 15

I think they will deffo go down. I think Burnley will haul themselves out of it purely from being more streetwise and used to being in a relegation fight. Getting rid of Rafa and getting Lampard in has sealed their fate. He’s fucking useless!
It’s goodnight (Rapid) Vienna for the blues this season. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm very torn on them going down. It's funny as fuck, but I've got 2 bloo nephews, and one of them is only 10. It'll warp the poor little sods mind if they go down.

Feel somewhat the same. Lots of rels and good mates would be gutted. My best mate who is a blue wants us to win the league for the good of the City and appreciates the way we play under Klopp.  I think the standing of Liverpool , the City ,would be worse off if Everton were relegated. I think I can live with just being the best team in the City rather than have them spend a season or two in the Championship.  Lets be honest if they were to go down ( which I think they won't) they would be back pretty sharpish. 

4 hours ago, Total Longo said:

I still don't think they will go down, they will spawn a couple of wins from somewhere (probably one against Burnley) and that will be enough as the three below them are dreadful. The Brentford game right at the end of the season could be pivotal

This would be truly amazing.

30 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

No mercy. Sweep the leg.

• Upvote 2

You just have to ask yourself if it was Liverpool in danger of being relegated, how many bloos, even family members, would want us to stay up? Answer, virtually none.

Hope they get relegated and end up a mid table Championship side for a decade at least. No mercy. Ive had a belly full of 'It's never your fault.' 'Murderers.' 'Ashamed of nothing, blah, blah, fucking blah.'

They need to be taught we arent their problem, their own club is. Soz to be harsh but fuck 'em.

• Upvote 14

47 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I know one Evertonian who hasn't misses an away game for 23 years. I bet he's thrilled at the prospect of going to Millwall, Stoke, Rotherham and Hull. 

Stoke were Premier League staples for years. Hull is hardly an unknown destination either. 
In fact, of the 24 Championship clubs, only Luton, Millwall, Preston and Bristol City have never played in the Prem. 
Everton shouldn’t worry about going to unknown destinations, they should worry about all the sides who spent many years in the top flight but now look miles away from it. Luton were founder members of the Premier League but were relegated with a whimper before it began in earnest and have never previously looked close to coming back. 

7 hours ago, Ron B said:

They didn’t like Rafa because the football was too prosaic, and he was too determined to deal with undercommitted mercenaries with a bad attitude (Digne, Hamez). 

I thought it was because he was a Kopite gobshite?!